Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Bar of Soap 109 44.49%
Body Wash 136 55.51%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,454,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
A bar of soap grosses me out!
The advertizing department of Proctor & Gamble has done their work well. They have convinced you that cheaper bar soap (lower profits for them) is nasty, and the more expensive (higher profit margin) and trendy body wash isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM

15,994 posts, read 20,991,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
OOOOOoooooo°°°°°°°° a hair The human body has an average of about 5 million hair follicles, and one gets stuck on a bar of soap, the horrors.

Wonder how many of your own hairs you have eaten/swallowed in the same day

And if something can live on a bar of soap, do you thinking washing with soap is going to phase it?
Ok, if you're comfortable with strange pubes on the soap more power to you. Not in my comfort zone.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:03 PM

203 posts, read 515,822 times
I shower every other day using bar soap. The brand is Dr. Bronners Peppermint Castile soap.

To the posters who are making a fuss of how filihok decides to take care of their cleanliness should probably chill a little. S/he opened up and told you how s/he takes care of cleaning and it should be left at that. To some it may be an oddity not to shower everyday, or even 3 times a day such as one poster informed, but it shouldn't give us permission to say s/he smells or is dirty. Please remember that even though this is the internet and it does convey a degree of anonymity it doesn't mean that feelings might not get hurt.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:05 PM

203 posts, read 515,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Ok, if you're comfortable with strange pubes on the soap more power to you. Not in my comfort zone.
I rinse my bar of soap after use so there won't be any stray hairs on it. I also place my bar on an upside down hairspray lid so it will not get soggy on the bottom.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:07 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,454,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
The pubes on my bar of soap are mine. Were they to be my wife's........ well I hope I don't need to explain that for you.

Strangers use your shower and soap....

Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,253,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsaustin View Post
To the posters who are making a fuss of how filihok decides to take care of their cleanliness should probably chill a little. S/he opened up and told you how s/he takes care of cleaning and it should be left at that. To some it may be an oddity not to shower everyday, or even 3 times a day such as one poster informed, but it shouldn't give us permission to say s/he smells or is dirty. Please remember that even though this is the internet and it does convey a degree of anonymity it doesn't mean that feelings might not get hurt.
Thanks, but my feelings are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners View Post
I bet you smell
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
p.u.

I'm certain that I don't smell any worse than anyone else,
Quote:
Everyone smells, ask a dog
and I'm beyond certain that some people posting on an internet forum have no idea how I do, or do not, smell.

Quote:
The advertizing department of Proctor & Gamble has done their work well. They have convinced you that cheaper bar soap (lower profits for them) is nasty, and the more expensive (higher profit margin) and trendy body wash isn't.
This. Plus, they've also convinced many people that they need all these products to keep their skin healthy.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:31 PM

15,994 posts, read 20,991,226 times
Quote:
The pubes on my bar of soap are mine. Were they to be my wife's........ well I hope I don't need to explain that for you.

Strangers use your shower and soap....
Five kids, two parents, countless in-laws and small single bathroom homes for most of us. Love my family, but don't want to use the same bar of soap they just showered with. Don't you ever find yourself spending the weekend at the in-laws or vice versa?

Old 11-11-2012, 07:59 PM

126 posts, read 427,925 times
I'm cheap..er...I mean frugal

I use bar soaps every time.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:04 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,143,937 times
Liquid bodywash. No bar to slip out of my hands, no slivers left over, no curlies stuck to a bar, no goo in the soapdishes. The cost difference is nothing over a year's time. I just bought some unscented Olay bodywash which seems to get me clean and helps with dryness. Women like my skin, which is as good a reason as any to keep using moisturizing bodywashes.

A week's worth of dead skin, oil, sweat, and whatever else I come into contact with on my skin would make me crazy. I don't even want to think of what I'm leaving behind on furniture and clothing. Yuck.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,038,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

I use Zest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty