Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 04:01 PM

472 posts, read 1,097,687 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend gets fever blisters. He takes medicine for them so they're maybe once in a blue moon. They run in his family. They're especially bad if he's stressed or if he gets sunburned. It's not because he's a *****, its genetics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 07:27 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Anyone with health insurance can go get pills to eradicate a cold sore, before it even shows. I get them when I have very chapped lips, I get the meds, gone the next day.

So really, this discussion is about SES. And we all know, money is attractive.

Picture a young woman, in a Wal Mart t shirt, with cleavage, wearing Wal Mart shows, and mini skirt.

Picture same young woman, dressed in a t shirt from Nordstroms, with a Chanel bra, Mannolo Blahnik shoes, and short skirt from Micheal Kors.

Which one is hot? Which one is trashy?
Not true. Not all insurances cover illness issues that are non-life threatening.

Yeaaaaaah healthcare!

Old 12-24-2012, 07:29 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneWithDallas View Post
My boyfriend gets fever blisters. He takes medicine for them so they're maybe once in a blue moon. They run in his family. They're especially bad if he's stressed or if he gets sunburned. It's not because he's a *****, its genetics.

It could be genetics that allow it to show, but it could just be everyone in his family has the virus from normal family contact. Its why you keep adults away from kissing your newborn. A baby with a weaker immune system can have extreme complications if infected. There also is a huge difference between a viral cold sore and a canker sore. Canker sores are most often genetic like other non-pathogen sourced skin conditions.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:09 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times
First of all, OP, this is a strawman's argument.

You can't just say something is not trashy because something else is trashier in your eyes.

With that being said, I don't care about cleavage or cold sores. Boobs are a body part, cold sores are something many, many people of all ages get beyond their control. So no, neither of these things signify trashy to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty