Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 10:38 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,914,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Plus, unfortunately, women are judged primarily on how appealing they look, so to be told you can model (i.e. get paid for looking a certain way) you are being told you are desirable.
That has it's downside when you realize men are dating you for your looks and have little interest in your personality or interests or anything else.......
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 05:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,559,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
That has it's downside when you realize men are dating you for your looks and have little interest in your personality or interests or anything else.......
Even if you're not attractive or a model many men still aren't interested in your personality or interests. I've been on enough dates where I can tell the guy just wants me to shut up and let him stare at my boobs in peace.

I swear, I'll marry the first guy who can remember how to spell my name right and who knows what color my eyes are

Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 PM

102,089 posts, read 107,163,173 times
OP: Most women have no interest in being models. Why do you assume they do? Do you know very many actual, live women?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:27 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,914,513 times
Quote:
Even if you're not attractive or a model many men still aren't interested in your personality or interests.
I suppose this is true. There are plenty of turkeys, clowns, wolves, mamma's boys and other assorted losers out there....

Quote:
I've been on enough dates where I can tell the guy just wants me to shut up and let him stare at my boobs in peace.
I know the type. For the most part they're shallow idiots.

Quote:
I swear, I'll marry the first guy who can remember how to spell my name right and who knows what color my eyes are

Old 02-01-2013, 03:14 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,915,541 times
Quote:
Even if you're not attractive or a model many men still aren't interested in your personality or interests. I've been on enough dates where I can tell the guy just wants me to shut up and let him stare at my boobs in peace.

That's is the absolute truth. Looks like the 400,000 with breast implants haven't realized it yet!

Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM

224 posts, read 355,833 times
They don't actually want to be models. They just want to look like a model, so people can say "Do you model? You look like you're in modeling." It's a compliment, people like compliments. It's natural...

Modeling is hard.

The dieting

Getting sets

Getting a designer to contract you

You have to be the right age.

Specific height.

Specific look. One designer might love your cheekbones, the next designer might hate 'em.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:12 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,068,170 times
Women want to be many things... being a model or looking like one might be something some want... then there will be some that couldn't care less..

What model would you be looking for? I thought the classic waif type model was phased out and newer models more reflected the general population...as being real.. and then there are plus size models.. again more reflecting of real life

Me... I just want a model that runs well and doesn't break down often... ;-)

Old 05-20-2015, 08:21 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,675,874 times
I certainly have no interest in modeling, I wouldnt want the stress of it all or lifestyle. Plus im not tall enough haha.

Those who want it have different reasons. The pay, the lifestyle, the "fame" in a way, self esteem or some may just have a real passion for it.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:13 AM

20,699 posts, read 19,845,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
What are your thoughts on these questions?
Some women do it for the money only.
Some women do it because they are incredibly insecure about themselves and the money is just a bonus.

I was an ugly duck and once I developed, I still hated the way I look. Modeling made me feel better about myself.

However, it is incredibly tough. In the winter you model for summer clothes in cold conditions, acting like it is warm and cozy. You have to bend like a bretzel sometimes and sit on hard stuff forever. You have to wear very uncomfy clothes. Every inch of your body (well almost every inch) is under constant evaluation and you have to stay fit. You have to smile even when you are sad. ... The dieting didn't bother me.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:41 AM

609 posts, read 613,611 times
I guess it depends on what kind of model you are referring to. When I think of "model" I picture the runway 6 foot 100 pounds Holocaust victim look.
I don't think any (straight) man in his right mind would find that look appealing.
Now a swimsuit model or Playboy model...yeah if I looked like that and people told me so, I would be quite happy with myself hahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty