Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:56 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,242,864 times

Advertisements

Who are these "women" you people speak of? I don't know anyone like that in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 11:10 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Sure, and men only work out for other guys.
I thought it was really weird to but it's true.
Google it!
Women do dress up to impress other women.
Sorry guys i was disappointed with this fact also
Quote:
Men left waiting for hours as their partners get ready for a big night out won’t be pleased.

Women apparently dress to impress other women.

A poll of 2,000 debunks the myth that they spend hours in front of a mirror on a Saturday night to impress men.

The truth is, two thirds are trying to encourage compliments from their peers.

Six out of ten women aged between 18 and 30 said they had their girlfriends in mind when they chose what to wear on a big night out.

Read more: Sorry chaps, women only dress to impress each other | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Old 12-26-2012, 11:23 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Sure, and men only work out for other guys.
It's really not that much of a stretch.

Kinda like when a guy has a man cave, an entertainment center or a collection of J's...those things really don't impress women, moreso to show off to other guys.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:58 PM

830 posts, read 1,728,721 times
As a woman, I don't appreciate having to see a few inches of a cleavage line on a co-worker or other person who is at their job. I know I sound old, but people didn't do that 15 years ago. I recall going to a local junior high a few years ago to pick up a family member and was surprised at how differently girls were dressed (tight clothes, stomachs showing) compared to just a decade before.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55degrees View Post
As a woman, I don't appreciate having to see a few inches of a cleavage line on a co-worker or other person who is at their job. I know I sound old, but people didn't do that 15 years ago. I recall going to a local junior high a few years ago to pick up a family member and was surprised at how differently girls were dressed (tight clothes, stomachs showing) compared to just a decade before.
Yeah, dressing for the ''sex appeal'' thang at work seems very uncool and unprofessional. But the women who do, usually get away with it because their male boss is often intimidated by it as well, and reluctant to say anything. In fact he may even be flattered by it, as long as she's not seen as competing with him. Whereas a female employee would know better than to attempt that kinda outfit with a woman boss.

As to seeing it 'everywhere else', especially in ''mating areas'' (aka, clubs), I doubt that's gonna change anytime soon and will only get 'worse'. 'Cuz if they got it (money, looks, power... male or female), they're gonna flaunt it, it's just (human) nature!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:52 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Yeah, dressing for the ''sex appeal'' thang at work seems very uncool and unprofessional. But the women who do, usually get away with it because their male boss is often intimidated by it as well, and reluctant to say anything. In fact he may even be flattered by it, as long as she's not seen as competing with him. Whereas a female employee would know better than to attempt that kinda outfit with a woman boss.

As to seeing it 'everywhere else', especially in ''mating areas'' (aka, clubs), I doubt that's gonna change anytime soon and will only get 'worse'. 'Cuz if they got it (money, looks, power... male or female), they're gonna flaunt it, it's just (human) nature!
I will second that last remark, in spades ! On the other hand, cleavage has always been a tell tail thing that meant a woman had bigger boobs if she had more cleavage. This theory was considered way back in the late Fifties by Hugh Hefner of Playboy Fame. The Playboy bunnies that served as waitresses in the Playboy clubs all over the world showed, as a trademark the effect of having huge cleavage. If coarse these were the days when breast implants were rare .In order to fight the ever ongoing changes in women's bodies all being different, and to keep the Bunny image, Push up bras and lots of tissues were added to get the same effect,The Playboy Bunnies and the clubs were a turning point in this country, where women could be what they wanted to be regardless of local morals. I was a gold card member for many years, I never thought of the bunnies as anything be professional. Contrary to what some thought, I never ever considered them being exploded in any way, fact I saw the whole Playboy thing as being liberated.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:04 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
BTW, speaking of being ''liberated'', a lot of folks just take for granted now, that until Hugh Hefner came along with the notion of a ''classier'' pinup magazine like Playboy, along with articles by famous writers, and the whole ''Playboy Philosophy''... male roles in society were pretty much pre-ordained. You got married, raised a family, became a good ''breadwinner'', and that was it. Hefner turned all that around and put forth the idea that hedonism and the ''good life'' (along with enjoying sex for its own sake), were totally acceptable alternatives for the modern male. Think of it as early ''mens lib''! And BTW, why shouldn't women be free to do the same if they wish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty