Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times

Advertisements

I like lather, don't care if it comes out as bubbles or creamy, but it needs to make lather.

It's not just people with oily skin who need to avoid cream, people with Rosacea should as well--even if they have dry skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I like lather, don't care if it comes out as bubbles or creamy, but it needs to make lather.

It's not just people with oily skin who need to avoid cream, people with Rosacea should as well--even if they have dry skin.
I've never heard that -- why should we rosacians avoid cream?

And, Jade -- I never liked Cetaphil -- I never felt clean with it and it barely took off my makeup, and I hardly wear any. But CeraVe does.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:33 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlee View Post
Thanks!

The reason for massaging my face daily is because I think of washing faces as massaging faces.

After I applied the massage cream in my first post and finished massaging, I washed my face use only water without any cleanser. Would that be okay?
No.

I get massages -- and washing my face is a totally different experience. Washing with water after using that massage cream eventually will lead to breakouts. You aren't putting anything on your face to DISSOLVE the massage cream. And if you are truly massaging your face, you are really melting that stuff into your pores.

And massage cream would be quite heavy for your face..... it's meant for use on the body where there is far fewer oil glands....

Old 01-01-2013, 02:12 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

And, Jade -- I never liked Cetaphil -- I never felt clean with it and it barely took off my makeup, and I hardly wear any. But CeraVe does.
They should avoid anything with extra oils--they tend to be irritating to Rosacea.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:06 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

Cetaphil is not a make-up remover.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Default Lather and good price

The ones that lather work best for most ladies:

J&J Clean and Clear, nice lather, rinses well. @ CVS about $4.00

Neutrogena Facial Cleanser: the "gold" color clear liquid cleanser, lathers and scent is really nice. @ most drug stores about $8.00 Excellent if you can find it. (Don't care at all for those creamy Neutro prods in their light blue packaging... they don't lather and have an odd scent.)

Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
I use oils to remove makeup. It breaks down everything, including mascara & eyeliner. Then follow up w/ african black soap for a cleanser (which I loooove) -it has significantly improved the overall appearance & texture of my skin.

Using natural products has made a huge difference for me. I have sensitive ( + combination) skin & used to break out occasionally w/ certain cleansers- but no more!!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 AM

147 posts, read 229,034 times
I like using foaming cleansers because it gets into the nitty-gritty and still feels light on my skin.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:34 PM

890 posts, read 2,280,012 times
I had bought some of that orange Neutrogena stuff and after using it my skin felt tight and began drying out. I have skin that tends to be dry, especially in the winter, but my chin can get oily at the same time. I tossed it and bought some Burt's Bees cream cleanser and it makes my face sooo soft and it smells amazing, plus doesn't dry my skin out.

https://www.burtsbees.com/natural-pr...-cleanser.html

Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
No, cleansers shouldn't be used to massage the face. You shouldn't be massaging your face until your skin has already been cleaned of dirt. Otherwise, you're just rubbing moistened dirt all over your face. That's disgusting.

If you want to massage your face, get a facial massage cream, and do so. If you want to clean your face, get a facial cleanser, and do so. If you want to do both things, get both products, and wash your face first, THEN massage it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty