Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times

Advertisements

I believe perks of being attractive weighs greater for men as it opens our field of play. Women will receive perks courtesy of chivalry and respectable men. I am aware some will project ignorance toward women as of they are only gifts, toys, and tools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Maybe ugly people just have inferior genetics overall? Test have been done that show a significant increase in intelligence coinciding with attractiveness. Apparently more often that not, when someone pulls the short straw so-to-say, they really do pull it in all genetic aspects.
Then how come many of the well known geniuses of recent times were not exactly good looking, while many beauty pageant models have the brains of a centipede?

There's no logic in your reasoning.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Then how come many of the well known geniuses of recent times were not exactly good looking, while many beauty pageant models have the brains of a centipede?

There's no logic in your reasoning.

You mean like Nicola Tesla, von Braun, and Bobby Fischer? Einstein was also known as a looker, a swanking lady's man.

Most Miss America contestants are college graduates, many going on to graduate studies.

Hmmm...

Old 01-26-2013, 01:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
You mean like Nicola Tesla, von Braun, and Bobby Fischer? Einstein was also known as a looker, a swanking lady's man.

Most Miss America contestants are college graduates, many going on to graduate studies.

Hmmm...
Tesla was ridiculously good looking.

However, regarding beauty pageant contestants who have degrees, how many are in stem fields? A marketing or psychology degree isn't super impressive or difficult to achieve. If she had an engineering, physics or chemistry degree I'd agree with you, but I doubt they're as prevalent.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:46 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Really, no one is curious as to the circumstances that led to a free pair of pants for me?

Did some perv take his pants off and give them to you as a token of love?

Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Really, no one is curious as to the circumstances that led to a free pair of pants for me?
Not really. Every time I'm modeling the runways in gay Paree I get given free stuffs. Goes with the territory don't it? /shrug

Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Agreed. But I'd still take being good looking over being ugly.
Oh, no question. Not that I'm billboard material myself but I'm no troll either. The better you look, the better treatment you get. It's bulls--- but that's the way of the world.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Red face You see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Not really. Every time I'm modeling the runways in gay Paree I get given free stuffs. Goes with the territory don't it? /shrug
a perfect example of both beauty AND brains!

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM

840 posts, read 1,147,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Tesla was ridiculously good looking.

However, regarding beauty pageant contestants who have degrees, how many are in stem fields? A marketing or psychology degree isn't super impressive or difficult to achieve. If she had an engineering, physics or chemistry degree I'd agree with you, but I doubt they're as prevalent.
Jackie Siegel, former Miss Florida, was the valedictorian of her graduating class and an IBM engineer before starting her model career. But watching her ask if her Hertz rental car comes with a chauffeur in Queen of Versailles, I would say 20 something years of being sugardaddied for being beautiful didn't really maintain her intellect.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:29 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
An attractive woman will always have a job. It may not be glamorous, but there will be something available to tide her over until she finds something else she'd rather be doing. My sister has never been unemployed for longer than a month.
Does she have bangs?

Just kidding, of course.

What I've seen: they lower the "understood" GPA threshold for them to employ them. And I've seen it numerous times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty