Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times

Advertisements

I haven't the time or desire to read all these posts, so this may have been said before.....

The women that go for the big boob/slender body look pay more attention to what they see in the Fashion Mags or TV and movies. They probably don't have enough between the ears to raise a child or to make a marriage work.

A lot of people...including both men and women, stare at the Big Boobie look. They can really be a sight to see. But do they see the total person, or just the boobs? Who wants to be thought of that way?

Is this a real representation of our culture? Take it from an old lady, when I try to imagine that kind of woman as an 80 year old, maybe even in a nursing home, Pitiful!!! I have to wonder a bit if they have more dementia than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I know some black and latino women especially embrace the more busty, womanly figure, but it seems the majority of white and asian women want to have skinny legs, skinny or slightly toned arms, and even narrow hips, with the only concession to curviness is perhaps boobs: but to have this figure and main a large bosom one needs enhancements, unless one is 'blessed' as they say. Of course a toned, slim and tucked tummy is still the ideal, and a slim waist. Narrow shoulders and a bony, weak looking upper body is also the order of the day.

I see not only models but women with this body type being held up as the ideal. Women who are talk and lanky, for instance, are often seen as sexy or beautiful. Decades ago they would've been considered unattractive. It seems the ideal shape in the 90s was more curvy/more womanly. A lot of the Miss Universe contestants look like skinny hairless birds in the swimsuit comp, although they are sexy, I think I prefer a bit more flesh on there, although if it's your natural body shape you can't help it.
I'm not here to hate on the women who work their azzes off at the gym to attain a figure they consider beautiful. I applaud their hard work. Sometimes it leaves them not looking their best, but you have got to respect the dedication and sacrifice that goes into it.

I'm not here to hate on heavy women. A woman can be "queen size" and be toned and fit. Just because she says she is curvy toned and fit does not make it so. She has to work out. She can work out or she can hide in clothes that make her look less chubby, but why do that, and then hate on men who gravitate toward more slender (not SKINNY) women. Everyone has a healthy weight, that is right for their height and bone structure, that gives them maximum energy and well-being and for the boomers amongst us, will help them look healthy and youthful. I'm just saying women should workout, shoot for that healthy weight, look as good as they can, and practice self acceptance of whatever they perceive to be their figure short comings. Practicing self acceptance on excess weight is kind of like putting the cart before the horse. Change what you desire changed, then self-acceptance is real and appropriate, IMO.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:17 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I know some black and latino women especially embrace the more busty, womanly figure, but it seems the majority of white and asian women want to have skinny legs, skinny or slightly toned arms, and even narrow hips, with the only concession to curviness is perhaps boobs: but to have this figure and main a large bosom one needs enhancements, unless one is 'blessed' as they say. Of course a toned, slim and tucked tummy is still the ideal, and a slim waist. Narrow shoulders and a bony, weak looking upper body is also the order of the day.

I see not only models but women with this body type being held up as the ideal. Women who are talk and lanky, for instance, are often seen as sexy or beautiful. Decades ago they would've been considered unattractive. It seems the ideal shape in the 90s was more curvy/more womanly. A lot of the Miss Universe contestants look like skinny hairless birds in the swimsuit comp, although they are sexy, I think I prefer a bit more flesh on there, although if it's your natural body shape you can't help it.
I've always wondered why the men's magazines went through a phase of preferring this type. In fact, there was a time when the ideal was a boyish body: narrow hips and small boobs, relatively speaking. Go figure.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Who said anything about being a wreck? My post wasnt directed at you but was a sarcastic reply to people who believe any amount of flab, wrinkles or flaws in general are a reason to dump a woman for a younger one. Pay attention.

and you are barking up the wrong tree.

Those things come on with age and poor care. I see people complain about them up and down all the time.
Why can't men complain about that if you note on the offensive look of a big forehead? You can tend to the flaws you noted the quote above.

Big foreheads(a negative visual aspect that affects attractiveness according to your preferences earlier in the thread)..not really. Just like people that have naturally narrow hips and are top heavy. Why would you select being with someone romantically if you were not attracted to them?

Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 AM

945 posts, read 968,596 times
I will just say this since no one else will. The attacks on athletic and slim/slender body types is clearly coming from overweight or "curvy" people. I cannot stand to read the amount of nonsense spewed by people claiming men prefer curvy this and that, women think people who work out don't look their best.

This is utter ignorance, I would take the body of a gymnast, track athlete, runner, natural slim/athletic over some hog that has cellulite in her late teens or 20s. If looking good was as easy as doing nothing, eating garbage and then putting tight clothes on you so you look like a sausage then everyone would be a supermodel.

Size 18/20 isn't hot, it never has been and never will be. Cellulite isn't hot, hasn't been and never will be. Don't slam people who workout from afar because you are too lazy to workout and/or eat right.

a beautiful body is one that is not fat or curvy, of course there are some exception but for any man especially to say they prefer overweight women to an athletic build is lying or weird.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
I will just say this since no one else will. The attacks on athletic and slim/slender body types is clearly coming from overweight or "curvy" people. I cannot stand to read the amount of nonsense spewed by people claiming men prefer curvy this and that, women think people who work out don't look their best.

This is utter ignorance, I would take the body of a gymnast, track athlete, runner, natural slim/athletic over some hog that has cellulite in her late teens or 20s. If looking good was as easy as doing nothing, eating garbage and then putting tight clothes on you so you look like a sausage then everyone would be a supermodel.

Size 18/20 isn't hot, it never has been and never will be. Cellulite isn't hot, hasn't been and never will be. Don't slam people who workout from afar because you are too lazy to workout and/or eat right.

a beautiful body is one that is not fat or curvy, of course there are some exception but for any man especially to say they prefer overweight women to an athletic build is lying or weird.

I told you my wife was an 18/20 so you are using this size as a jab at myself and indirectly my wife.
So I guess since I'm not lying I'm weird according to you.

I'm very much OK with being "" weird "" because there are copious amounts of us that find beauty beyond that of a media created ideal.

I find your attitude towards the majority of the population to be both disgusting and dangerous.

With the amount of rep points that I have obtained due to my belief there are a plethra of like minds also on this board that look past the manipulation.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post

Wow, based on your posts in this forum where you seem to enjoy picking apart women's bodies, judging them as either attractive or unattractive based on your narrow views, I'd say that you seem to see women as nothing but objects to either be desired or repelled by. It's not a good look for you.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Wow, based on your posts in this forum where you seem to enjoy picking apart women's bodies, judging them as either attractive or unattractive based on your narrow views, I'd say that you seem to see women as nothing but objects to either be desired or repelled by. It's not a good look for you.
It's not the sole purpose of women nor my main priority. We are discussing the body types and the sorts, not other attributes. Of course intelligence, humor and others non-physical traits are underpinnings of desirable partner but this is just an apples to apples comparison about ideals and desirability.

If two women have all the intangibles, but one works out and stays a healthy build versus another that has the same intangibles and is a overweight, how is this an argument over which is more desirable?

Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I told you my wife was an 18/20 so you are using this size as a jab at myself and indirectly my wife.
So I guess since I'm not lying I'm weird according to you.

I'm very much OK with being "" weird "" because there are copious amounts of us that find beauty beyond that of a media created ideal.

I find your attitude towards the majority of the population to be both disgusting and dangerous.

With the amount of rep points that I have obtained due to my belief there are a plethra of like minds also on this board that look past the manipulation.
Your initial jab was insulting and for your to come to a thread about body types, convey your disdain for people who think healthy, athletic portrayal of a body is not more desirable than someone of that size is disingenuous.

So according to you, if your wife got motivated to be a size 4 and successfully obtained that size you would tell her I wanted a size 18/20 and you are less desirable than before? Please...

Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:

No idea, but it's one of the reasons I don't date anymore. White mens' expectations are ridiculous, and I got sick of practically killing myself to conform to their notion of beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty