Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,180,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
And still be considered sexy and/or hot. She will never be "dateless" or have trouble finding men who would be interested in her physically to want to date. I know a LOT more "buttaface" chicks who are happy with their bodies, lives, love life, etc. than women who are overweight/obese with pretty faces.

And will be considered unattractive by most. Overweight/obese is just the dealbreaking / breaking point for the majority of men when it comes to women. As I have said above, the majority of buttaface women I know are happy with themselves and their love lives. The overweight/obese women I know with prett faces ALL have difficulty attracting guys and getting dates, plus a lot of them WISH they could do something about their bodies and many of them ARE doing something to improve themselves, their lives, their health, etc. Instead of just standing pat.
I've known plenty of very thin, very fit women who had trouble getting dates and I know plenty of overweight and obese women who had no trouble. The difference between the two sets had more to do with confidence then body size.

Quote:
This may be true to you, but for most of the WORLD, there is a standard of beauty when it comes to women and being overweight/obese does NOT fit that standard.
And I think I proved with my link to countries that find obese women as the most attractive women that the standard of beauty varies widely around the world. There is no one size fits all when it comes to standards of beauty. Pun intended.

Quote:
I challenge you to come with a couple of names of overweight/obese women that MEN generally would find attractive. Adele? No way. Christina Hendricks? Maybe. Kim Kardashian? Well, she's no where near being overweight/obese but accoding to most women who post about her here on CD, she is "Fat", but she and her NATURAL (i.e., non siliconed) body is universally recognized as being a sex symbol.
Men's views on beauty vary widely. Some men find Adele very attractive. Some don't. Some find Kate Moss attractive. Some don't.

You want a list? Here's one to start:
Top 10 Hottest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 AM

632 posts, read 1,030,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post

You want a list? Here's one to start:
Top 10 Hottest
I totally reject your list because:

1. You had to go all the way back to 2008 on your google search to find a list.
2. Your list was created by some woman named Tiffany H. Not a man, and probably fat herself.
3. Never heard of any of those women on your list except for a couple.
4. None of those women are universally considered to be attractive by MEN.

While I have run into Queen Latifah in several occasions, I can say that she IS beautiful. Flawless skin, and she just radiates beauty. But still, I wouldnt "tap" that.

Whitney Thompson who is #2 on that list is not bad. But you must admit, she got HOTTER after dropping some of her poundage:
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 01-09-2014 at 09:10 AM..

Old 01-30-2013, 12:13 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Your initial jab was insulting and for your to come to a thread about body types, convey your disdain for people who think healthy, athletic portrayal of a body is not more desirable than someone of that size is disingenuous.

So according to you, if your wife got motivated to be a size 4 and successfully obtained that size you would tell her I wanted a size 18/20 and you are less desirable than before? Please...

My wife will never drop to the weight of a Karen Carpenter look-a-like.

It's not any of your business but she does her walking 2 miles a day along with some light weight work.

What she wont do is shove diet suppositories up her @ss, vomit, exercise to the point of obsession nor will she be manipulated by a highly transparent money making scheme called social coercion in an attempt to live up to an impossible ideal set in motion by charlatans and hucksters.

Your lack of command of civility and decorum is only surpassed by your inability to understand the world as it pertains to everyday reality.

Prior to any further posting I ask you to educate yourself on proper etiquette and the rules pertaining to kindness.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:36 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,180,716 times
Quote:

1. You had to go all the way back to 2008 on your google search to find a list.
Actually, I just did a quick google search with "hot female overweight celebrities" and this was the first thing that popped up. Ten seconds seemed like the right amount of time for me to waste finding a list.
Quote:
2. Your list was created by some woman named Tiffany H. Not a man, and probably fat herself.
Who cares if it was created by a woman and not a man and who cares if she was fat? Many men would find many of the women on the list very very attractive.
Quote:
3. Never heard of any of those women on your list except for a couple.
That's ok, they are still famous and that's what you asked for.
Quote:
4. None of those women are universally considered to be attractive by MEN.
That's because beauty is subjective and it would be very difficult to find any woman who all men find universally attractive.

Quote:
While I have run into Queen Latifah in several occasions, I can say that she IS beautiful. Flawless skin, and she just radiates beauty. But still, I wouldnt "tap" that.
Well, I doubt she'd interested in you "tapping that".

Quote:
Whitney Thompson who is #2 on that list is not bad. But you must admit, she got HOTTER after dropping some of her poundage:
I'd say that all of the women on the list are attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Actually, I just did a quick google search with "hot female overweight celebrities" and this was the first thing that popped up. Ten seconds seemed like the right amount of time for me to waste finding a list.
Who cares if it was created by a woman and not a man and who cares if she was fat? Many men would find many of the women on the list very very attractive.
That's ok, they are still famous and that's what you asked for.
That's because beauty is subjective and it would be very difficult to find any woman who all men find universally attractive.

Well, I doubt she'd interested in you "tapping that".

I'd say that all of the women on the list are attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Trust me, it's better to just ignore those posters. They have a very warped and narrow view of beauty and treat women like they're only on this earth to look pretty.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamommy View Post
The type you speak of is not a 12 yo girl with boobs . I think it more like a 12 yo boy with boobs .
I agree. Seems that men are increasingly attracted to more boyish 'figures' rather than what was represented by women like Anna Nichole or the Kardashians. I get all the hype about being fit and gym fanaticism. But I still wonder if some really would prefer a young boy?

Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
I agree. Seems that men are increasingly attracted to more boyish 'figures' rather than what was represented by women like Anna Nichole or the Kardashians. I get all the hype about being fit and gym fanaticism. But I still wonder if some really would prefer a young boy?
Examples, please.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,312 times
Quote:

No I don't, I like her just fine before.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
No I don't, I like her just fine before.
Y'all know she weighs the same in both those pics, right? They were taken, at most, a week apart.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:29 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
I will just say this since no one else will. The attacks on athletic and slim/slender body types is clearly coming from overweight or "curvy" people. I cannot stand to read the amount of nonsense spewed by people claiming men prefer curvy this and that, women think people who work out don't look their best.

This is utter ignorance, I would take the body of a gymnast, track athlete, runner, natural slim/athletic over some hog that has cellulite in her late teens or 20s. If looking good was as easy as doing nothing, eating garbage and then putting tight clothes on you so you look like a sausage then everyone would be a supermodel.

Size 18/20 isn't hot, it never has been and never will be. Cellulite isn't hot, hasn't been and never will be. Don't slam people who workout from afar because you are too lazy to workout and/or eat right.

a beautiful body is one that is not fat or curvy, of course there are some exception but for any man especially to say they prefer overweight women to an athletic build is lying or weird.
I'm a male former rugby player and I think you're full of crap. I'd rather take a well-proportioned 18/20 over some ripped women. If I wanted to feel a bunch of muscle and bone when I was in bed, I'd hook up with Adrian Peterson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty