Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 05:03 AM

137 posts, read 818,503 times

Advertisements

I love jewelry and have a fair bit but don't wear as much as I used to. I love collecting jewelry especially antique pieces. You can pick up some gorgeous items at auction for a fraction of what you'd pay in a shop. That's where I used to do a lot of Christmas shopping.......so much fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 10:28 AM

35 posts, read 206,991 times
i don't like to wear them
i think they don't suit me at all
and i don't interested in them at all..

Old 07-17-2010, 06:04 PM

3 posts, read 19,135 times
Smile Love it!

I absolutely LOVE jewelry. *Smile*

I have jewelry I wear every day (a black hills gold delicate bracelet and tiny gold chain on my wrist and set of diamonds in my ears) and then I have pieces that I wear off and on that are bigger, bolder and more colorful.

In fact, it was my passion for jewelry that had me begin creating it. At first for myself and loved ones and, over the past couple years, to sell as well.

And, even though I now make jewelry? I STILL end up buying it from others too!

Old 07-17-2010, 06:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...PL._SL160_.jpg

I wear a lot of cheap stuff in the summer, and go back to nice stuff in the fall.

I have a few Limoges Jewelry that I got on my B-day or Christmas.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:34 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I LOVE it - I think you can personalize your look - i.e., interesting earrings, bracelets, watches, necklaces, etc. (NOT all at once, lol) - costume jewelry is great, look for interesting pieces. Personally, I like stones, matte gold or silver, etc. - I'm not into "bling"

Old 07-17-2010, 08:27 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times
I love jewelry, but I'm very particular because of my peculiar skin tone and the fact that I'm petite... which basically just means no yellow gold and nothing chunky.

The only normal jewelry I usually wear is a silver chain with an antique silver and jade ring on it, though if I'm wearing something where green is inappropriate, I switch to a silver and garnet ring on said chain.

Not-normal jewelry? I wear steel eyelets in my earlobes, which are currently just under 1/2". Sometimes I wear black buffalo horn carved plugs. I'm getting my lip repierced soon, so I'll be wearing steel microstuds there.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,409 times
I also like jewelery like engagement ring, diamond wedding band,diamond & sapphire 3-stone ring, pair diamond studs

----------------------
Jewelry Designer

Old 01-06-2011, 06:29 AM

727 posts, read 540,039 times
I make it

Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,446,762 times
Not that big of a fan of wearing lots of jewelry at one time. I wear my wedding band, studs, and naval ring everyday; that's it unless I'm dressing up to go to a bar/restaurant. I wore so much jewelry at one time in high school that looking back at old pictures of myself is embarassing. I have learned my lesson. Now all of my accessories are headbands and sparkly bobby pins.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:43 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
I own so much jewelry that it's obscene. Really. And my tastes run the gamut from one type or style to another. And I wear all kinds ~ earrings (of all kinds), necklaces, bracelets, pins, anklets, and I collect old dress clips (which I usually wear on my berets).

I have vintage pieces from my mother and late sister-in-law, too. Oldest jewelry is my mother's wedding set (1929). I have two jewelry boxes full, half of a dresser drawer full, two boxes to hold only the bracelets (cuffs take up a lot of room), a tea-bag compartment box to hold rings, a rack on the wall that holds earrings, have anklets hanging from pins on the wall, a bunch of Mardi Gras beads hanging from another wall, and even a tool-box holding misc more.

And, yes, I wear them. But I wear more jewelry in summer. During the fall and winter I don't bother with bracelets or anklets.

I took a couple of beading classes at a local jewelry store, mainly to learn how to repair broken pieces. It's helped. I make basic pieces of jewelry, but do use materials from broken or discarded pieces. But I found out in a hurry that I do NOT have the patience for certain type of jewelry-making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty