Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:01 AM

27,344 posts, read 27,397,752 times

Advertisements

This might have been brought up at one point or other in here but this is a simple question:
Who likes jewelry? Who likes to wear a lot of it on a daily basis? Rings. Earrings. Bracelets. Body piercings. Etc.
I personally dont wear it, hardly at all. A watch, yeah. I have several of and change according to where Im going to be for the day, but dont or wont wear rings. Maybe once in a blue moon will wear a mothers ring but otherwwise, no. Neck jewelry, might be good for some, but I wear an empty locket with a breakaway chain, so if it ever gets caught on something, I can simply tug and its off, would rather lose a cheap locket than strangle. And Ive had to cut my ring off quite a few times during work because it got caught on something while crawling around in attics and I was in no position to try to do anything else. My field of work is an an electrician, though currently ('current'-ly, lol) am unemployed, still wont wear anything more than this. I have earrings, but again, dont wear them either, seldom. However, when I went to band practice or when we had a gig, of course the chains and leather chokers were my thng and it probably wont be long now before I join up with my former band from way back when, as theyve been hounding me about it since I came back to Calif here.
Jewelry might be good for many, but I dont wear it....even though I have plenty of it. Costume and 'good' stuff, it doesnt matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 09:37 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I love jewelry. I don't wear a lot of it at any one time but I change it to match my outfits. I like the real stuff. I would rather have 1 nice piece than 10 not so nice pieces. It lasts. If I get jewelry for a gift, I will always have it. A pair of jeans or shoes will eventually wear out.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:37 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
I LOVE jewelry and have plenty of it, but these days I'm pretty basic:
On my left hand:
-engagement ring
-diamond wedding band

right hand:
-diamond & sapphire 3-stone ring

left wrist:
-watch

ears:
-1 pair diamond studs (I have multiple holes in each ear, but rarely put anything in them)

navel:
-ring when I'm not preggers

I can't really wear hoops, necklaces or bracelets around my 15 month old daughter. I'm afraid she'll rip them off.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:26 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I love jewelry, I only buy used pieces because they are a much better value. I don't wear very much of it at a time, but enough having a treasure box like Smaug and his pile of treasure. I prefer 18k and platinum pieces of jewelry, but sterling is alright too. I particularly like rings, and love eternity bands. For a diamond solitaire, I prefer a filigree setting and a low set center stone. I don't want anything to catch on my clothing or get banged around. With diamonds, clarity is very important to me, and nothing that has been enhanced.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:35 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
I love jewelry.
It's kinda funny, because my mom hated it.
Maybe I am a throwback.

Anyway, I have a couple antique pieces and some dearly loved hand-me-downs from mom and grandmother.
I am a Scorpio and don't believe in astrology but love fiery opals.
I don't wear a lot of stuff.
Being a preschool teacher, I don't go around with dangly earrings and ten bangles on one arm.

Favorite pieces:
Black opal-diamond pin from my aunt.
Opal-diamond ring given to me from spouse on 40th birthday.
Opal bracelet given to me by my dying mother in law (she and I had the same birthday).
Guard rings from my grandma, melted and sized to match my sapphire wedding ring--I wear the three together.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:08 PM

264 posts, read 829,680 times
I LOVE jewelry and I have a ton of it but these days I only wear those pieces that have a special meaning to me...

Left hand:
--Engagement ring and wedding band
--large ring with a "Yin-Yang" symbol. My partner and I adopted this as the symbol of our relationship...opposites but we can't live without each other.

Right hand:
--a butterfly ring symbolizing the changes I've made in my life
--a Celtic ring that represents my heritage

Left wrist I wear 3 bracelets that say:
--"Saved by Grace"...definition obvious.
--a red/white/blue one that shows support for my brother-in-law in Iraq
--"One Human Family" The Motto of Key West that I wholeheartedly support.

Right wrist I wear 3 bracelets:
--a Celtic bracelet...LOVE that heritage.
--a "Slave" bracelet...ummm...won't go into that one. ~~blushes~~
--a rainbow bracelet with a jade butterfly...shows my support for the GLBT community and represents my "coming out"

Necklaces:
--the gold necklace my partner gave me when we were dating. It's sort of a Vietnamese tradition to give a necklace to someone you love
--My "Christian fish" necklace that represents my Lord and Savior.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:42 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I wanted to add that my mom read us the Hobbit when I was in third grade. It's her fault that I am the way I am! Otherwise, the only jewelry she has is an antique Tiffany engagement ring and an eternity ring, both with diamonds and set in platinum. I think that two of her three daughters are going to fight to the death for those rings... but I think that my youngest sister is the only one with small enough hands to wear them.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:33 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,072 times
Cool fun thread

I have to have jewelry on except when working outside. I am scared to bits I will lose something

Normally I will wear a gold diamond chain necklace, diamond earrings, diamond bracelet and gold bracelets and a diamond ankle bracelet. And my wedding and engagement rings. I do not wear any other rings.
And I have my diamond watch for an evening out, and basically a stepped up version of the above.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:22 PM

41 posts, read 191,593 times
Im a jewelry freak. I have a little bit of everything. You can never have to much. You can always make it work. I have one of those huge jewlery boxes that the sides swing open and there are like 7 drawers....if that gives you an idea.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:17 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,754 times
I'm not really into jewelry. I like nice earrings and I have a couple of bracelets but I tend to think I'm fairly simple. I have a small jewelry box which contains 2 pairs of 1ct. diamond studs; 1 pair platinum hoop/diamond earrings; 1 pair gold earrings; 1 tennis bracelet; 1 tiffany locket bracelet and that's it. I only wear my wedding ring and anniversary band and my studs daily. I usually only wear a bracelet if I'm going out to a special event. I had a nice white gold locket necklace with diamonds but I gave it to my cousin because I rarely wore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty