Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 07:16 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Western levis, boots, cowboy hats, to kids trying to look urban with saggy pants, chains, black clothes and a mix in between. There really isn't any "fashion" here where I live, people wear what they want.
That's how it is here in Western South Dakota. It's ranching country so you see lots of jeans, cowboy boots, etc. The only people who seem to care are the southern transplants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 PM

40 posts, read 44,773 times
Pittsburgh - Any type of Pittsburgh Steeler or Pittsburgh Penguin jersey. The season could be well over, and as long as you're seen rockin' one of these, you're "in".....LMAO

Old 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,049,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Rivers Cutie View Post
Pittsburgh - Any type of Pittsburgh Steeler or Pittsburgh Penguin jersey. The season could be well over, and as long as you're seen rockin' one of these, you're "in".....LMAO
Yes I read about that here Pittsburgh and Boston probably has most people who wear jersey shirt than any other place in the US.

Quote:
That's how it is here in Western South Dakota. It's ranching country so you see lots of jeans, cowboy boots, etc. The only people who seem to care are the southern transplants.
I thought that what some one said that there is more cowboys and cowboy look in Midwest than Texas or much of the south.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
Yes I read about that here Pittsburgh and Boston probably has most people who wear jersey shirt than any other place in the US.
GO BRUINS!

I can always tell what team is playing by just taking the subway home at night

Old 04-29-2013, 05:33 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXred View Post
Good to know! I am moving to Texas soon and will have to get out of my rut of running errands without makeup. I probably wouldn't do it there anyway, I think I'm just over my town so I don't care any more!

I have heard about how the women of Texas do get dolled up for every outing, I don't think I could go that far...but I do love the big hair, lots of accessories and cute toes when I do get dressed up though.

Reno doesn't really have a specific look that I can think of...the guys run from yuppy to hunter/outdoorsman. And the women are just as diverse...there's no specific style that I've noticed but overall I'd say casual but clean and elegant if that makes sense.
That's more true of Dallas.

There's simply no one way to describe Houston. It has people from all walks of life, and the fashion here runs the gamut from trailer park to couture.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:29 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:

I thought that what some one said that there is more cowboys and cowboy look in Midwest than Texas or much of the south.
I mean the southerners who think we should dress up and wear makeup to go to the mailbox. LOL. They are horrified that people here wear jeans to the symphony. Personally, I like living in a place where people don't care and scrutinize so much. Even in jeans, most people here look decent enough.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I mean the southerners who think we should dress up and wear makeup to go to the mailbox. LOL. They are horrified that people here wear jeans to the symphony. Personally, I like living in a place where people don't care and scrutinize so much. Even in jeans, most people here look decent enough.
I mean, why jeans at the symphony, though? They probably wear jeans every day, but can't change for one such event? Why are people so anti-dress up?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,049,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post

I don't know if I read it and misinterpret it wrong but I thought it was other way around ? Many people here saying that people in south dress more casual than the North ?With the exception of Boston ,Baltimore and Philadelphia dress more casual than North?

Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 AM

38 posts, read 43,314 times
In my city Pink festival is coming so I can see everyone is roaming out side with pink touch in their dresses and even in jewelry Pink pearl is getting popularity.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I don't know if I read it and misinterpret it wrong but I thought it was other way around ? Many people here saying that people in south dress more casual than the North ?With the exception of Boston ,Baltimore and Philadelphia dress more casual than North?
I guess it depends. I'm as southern as any other poster here, but I don't know anyone who would wear jeans to the symphony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty