Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 PM

19 posts, read 44,005 times

Advertisements

My mom was a C. And 19
I know I'm pear shaped

I workout but I guess I could try that

Last edited by Tmf19sweet; 02-05-2013 at 09:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 PM

14 posts, read 49,738 times
I'm surprised that others are saying you are "quite overweight" or overweight at all. At 5'2 and 134 lbs., your BMI is 24.5, within the normal range of 18.5-24.9. You are not overweight. That being said, if you do not the way you look, you could lose some weight and still be within the healthy range by exercising more vigorously and/or decreasing your calories (don't go below 1,200). I love the My Fitness Pal app. for my iphone. This helped me to lose weight. Track every calorie that you put into your mouth! Also, make sure your clothes fit properly. This can do wonders for your looks. Don't wear clothes that are too tight or too baggy.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 PM

45,581 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Something doesn't add up.

19 yrs. old.
eats 1400 calories per day
jogs an hour a day (how far do you jog in an hour?)

I know genetics come into play - but it seems like you should be pretty thin by strictly looking at calories in and calories expended.

Nothing wrong with pears by the way - unless you are unhappy with it.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:09 PM

13 posts, read 58,387 times
MrsL1215 pointed out that you're in the healthy range according to the BMI charts, though since you're in the upper range, you can lose weight if that's what you want. Do you know what your body fat percentage is? That's the most accurate measurement of health. From my research, a normal range is around 15-20% for athletic women, 20-25% for fit women, and 25-30% for more sedentary women.

Also, have you tried tracking what you eat to ensure you're not eating more than you think? Like DRob4JC said, 1,400 calories/day is perfectly reasonable for weight loss so if you're not losing weight on that (even without exercise), unless you've messed up your metabolism with extreme dieting (eating less than 1,000 calories for several days at a time) my guess is either it's a health problem of some kind, or your estimates are off. I use an app called MyFitnessPal to track calories. You might try it and see if it helps.

Good luck!

Old 02-05-2013, 11:34 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,348,798 times
It is frightening to me that anyone would tell a 5'2'' 134 lb woman she's overweight! That is a perfectly healthy weight for your height, plus you eat healthy and exercise daily! Your waist measurement is well below the "danger zone" of 35 inches.

You need to figure out where this idea came from: that your body is not good enough. It didn't come from your boyfriend, he tells you you're not fat. Did you get this message from family members? My suspicion is that you are a victim of the absolutely twisted media imagery we're all force-fed from birth to death. In that case, my advice is to go on a media fast, or at least become highly selective about what sort of images you allow to fill your head.. I guarantee you'd see your body a lot differently after a full year of no TV, no movies, no magazines, etc. Obviously that level of commitment is extreme and unrealistic for most people, but hopefully you get my point that the further you distance yourself from the twisted imagery, the better you'll feel about the way you look. I also recommend spending time looking at yourself in a full length mirror, naked. Do this only in conjunction with a media fast or media reduction. Re-brainwash yourself. If you're used to only seeing a narrow portrayal of what the female form should look like - stop allowing those images to fill your brain and instead study your own healthy, beautiful body. Work on accepting it, appreciating it, liking it. You're not fat, you're not overweight.

You mentioned an interest in dressing for your shape. Another thread here in the fashion forum introduced this site: Body Shape Calculator Some great suggestions there. Also this site has been recommended in other threads: Trinny and Susannah reveal 12 women's body types - which are you? | Mail Online Very helpful as well.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 AM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmf19sweet View Post
I feel fat. I'm really uncomfortable with my weight and body shape. I think it's unattractive but Eat right and am active I'm 5'2" and 134 lbs. my measurements are 32A-29-42. Bf says I'm not fat but thick. Well I just want to know how I can dress to at least not look so sloppy fat? How can I dress to look more normal?

Love the body you were given and make the very best of it. Don't look up to super models. Look up to YOU and people with your figure. There are plenty. And plenty of guys prefer petite to gangly.

You do need to loose at least 15 lbs. You will look and feel better. Wear heals all the time. grow long hair, learn to love one sport or exercise.Try hot yoga and walking with weights. To help you out get a mini lipo suction of your hips and waist. Not as expensive as you think. Well worth it when you are vertically challenged. Gives you less places to put it.

In winter here is how you dress. Black short skirts above the knee, matching tights and heels at least three inches high. Have that same outfit in black, brown, and dark blue, with coordinating tops. Dresses. Look at Modcloth.com. Go a little funky - but not too much.

You aren't sloppy fat - but lose and don't gain. Call attention to your hair eyes and cheek bones. One out of two is good.

Jeans are not as special on smaller girls. Skirts are your friend. Let MAC do your make up. What ois your coloring and heritage? Nothing I wrote will work in Miami.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
My daughter is 5' 2" and she was unhappy to weigh 135. She may have been in the weight range for her height, but, she still benefitted greatly by losing 25 lbs. She is not thin at 110, but, looks normal for her height and she looks great in jeans. It's how YOU feel that is important, imo. If you feel fat, lose some weight. Pay attention to what you've been advised by those who suggest losing weight.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
5'2" Female weight range per BMI chart:

Small frame: 108 - 121

Medium frame: 118 - 132

Large frame: 128 - 143

Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
You are a below average height. The BMI charts do not apply to you. Get your body fat tested. Since you are borderline on the BMI charts chances are that you could lower your bodyfat through exercise/weightloss/proper diet.

1400 calories + jogging everyday? If you are not losing weight I would review if you are counting all your calories correctly and keep a food journal for a month. Take it to a doctor to review.

For dressing I would go for A-line skirts and add bulk on top with layers, sweaters and jackets. Scarves are a good way to add weight on top too. Wrap dresses in the right length look good on just about anyone. If you feel too flat up top to wear then just layer a cami over a padded bra or throw a scarf on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty