Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 11:57 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,739,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
That would be me. Anything below 70 degrees is cold but I prefer a constant temp between 80 and 85. I also love humidity (except what it does to my hair). It's like the air is hugging you
Isn't it funny, perspective I mean? See now, I hate the humidity and feel like the humid air is trying to suffocate me! I feel like I am breathing syrup. I love it when the air is cold, brisk, and dry! I love it when the sun is out but it's still partly cloudy too, I don't know what is wrong with me but I react to the sunlight like someone who has been living in a cave all their life and just came out for the first time; it's like it is blinding me and setting my skin on fire, even on a cool day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 12:23 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,002 times
Definitely. I live in Texas so most of the year I'm in tank tops or crop tops. During the few winter moments we have, I'm so cold that I usually bundle up in heavy sweaters.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
Isn't it funny, perspective I mean? See now, I hate the humidity and feel like the humid air is trying to suffocate me! I feel like I am breathing syrup. I love it when the air is cold, brisk, and dry! I love it when the sun is out but it's still partly cloudy too, I don't know what is wrong with me but I react to the sunlight like someone who has been living in a cave all their life and just came out for the first time; it's like it is blinding me and setting my skin on fire, even on a cool day.
I lived in San Antonio for a couple years and didn't care for it. It's like living in a sauna for 8 - 9 months! So your wardrobe is, as little clothing as you can get by with.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:26 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,739,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I lived in San Antonio for a couple years and didn't care for it. It's like living in a sauna for 8 - 9 months! So your wardrobe is, as little clothing as you can get by with.
Yep, pretty much! You want to care, and dress nice, and fix your hair or whatever but there is really no point once you step outside. Makeup melts off, hair ends up sweaty and gross, clothes stick to you. If and when I ever need to arrive somewhere looking decent in summer, I go out and start up the car and turn on the AC a full 15-20 minutes before I leave my house!

I have only been to Colorado in March but it was heaven for me, climate wise. We got to see plenty of snow but also had plenty of time to enjoy mild days with short sleeves and jeans.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I live in San Antonio and you're right on all counts!

Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,852,714 times
I think the idea of a guy marrying a warm-natured but mean little lady, and moving to a warm area just to spite her, is kind of amusing. While she is yelling at him and nagging him to get out of his chair and help her with the housework, he just sits there smoking his pipe and his headphones on drowning out her noise. But she is forced to wear a bikini or something like that, at least giving him something to look at while she is yelling and waving her arms about.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 AM

8 posts, read 9,590 times
I notice a lot of people dress kind of different from place to place in cold weather. In hotter places where they're not used to cold, you usually see a lot of skirts and sandals. It must be a culturally thing to willingly let yourself freeze like that.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Definitely. You cannot wear warm weather clothing in cold snowy weather and you can't wear heavy winter clothing in hot temperatures.
The funny thing is moving from a cold climate to a warm climate..."I will never need these snow boots, mittens, hat"...and then moving to a cold area again...and buying those same things again. And in a cool climate, even summer may be too chilly for the summer gear you wore in the warm climate. Get ready to spend money on wardrobe...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo_Melissa View Post
I notice a lot of people dress kind of different from place to place in cold weather. In hotter places where they're not used to cold, you usually see a lot of skirts and sandals. It must be a culturally thing to willingly let yourself freeze like that.
Being from a hot city, when I'm suddenly exposed to cold weather, you better believe I'll be bundling up! I'm not used to living in cold environments. In fact, even if it's 'only' around 40 degrees outside, I'm bundled up in my jacket, several layers of sweaters/shirts, and insulated pants. A far cry from my more 'minimalist' summertime hot weather attire

Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,360 times
Yep, from -0 temps to 100+ F.

You need everything....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty