Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:19 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,931,206 times

Advertisements

It could be that we are all way too worried about it for one reason or another. I believe everyone has "off" days in the looks department. But that's mainly because we've been so successfully conditioned into believing that a certain look or presentation of oneself to the outside world is so important. (Afterall, the multi-gazilion fashion and cosmetic industries shove it down our throats every day, don't they?) But in the grand scheme---it is not how you look that matters, it's how you treat others and the world around you (including animals and plants). Got it? Good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 02:38 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,183,841 times
Yes I definitely feel that way some mornings before I comb my hair and get my teeth in.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:28 PM

223 posts, read 207,764 times
I usually feel ok until I get next to some gorgeous younger model. I don't envy her at all, but it's like suddenly being relegated to the scratch and dent shop whereas a few minutes earlier you were centrepiece in a showroom window.

However, life isn't all about creamy skin and long legs...as the gorgeous younger model will discover herself one day when a fresher, even younger model walks in the room.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:46 PM

69 posts, read 206,869 times
I do feel that very frequently since last four years.

I feel horrible to type this; but post two kids in last four years; every part of my body has totally changed including double chin. Since the kids are small I cite that to be my reason, but I do know it is not a right excuse.

I am on minimal eating since past 4 months, but the weight just seems to be stuck.. Pathetic..

Old 02-17-2013, 06:30 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,903,005 times
Yes. Now that I started my professional life after the rush of working on resorts. When I lived in the tropics, I spent my days in sun dresses, maxi dresses, and cute work out clothes.

Now I work at a public accountant firm in a cold puritanical city and the culture of accounting here is conservative and frumpy. I hate wearing loose slacks with walking shoes/flats and grandma cardigans in muted colors. This is so not my style! I want to wear pinks, red, and bright blues. I think I'm too new to this firm to really be myself.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:31 PM

577 posts, read 991,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Yes. Now that I started my professional life after the rush of working on resorts. When I lived in the tropics, I spent my days in sun dresses, maxi dresses, and cute work out clothes.

Now I work at a public accountant firm in a cold puritanical city and the culture of accounting here is conservative and frumpy. I hate wearing loose slacks with walking shoes/flats and grandma cardigans in muted colors. This is so not my style! I want to wear pinks, red, and bright blues. I think I'm too new to this firm to really be myself.
Maybe everybody else there is yearning to wear pinks, reds, and blues as well. All it takes is one bold fashion setter. What's the worst case scenario? They may suggest that it's not what they consider professional etc. Or on the other hand you could try to sneak a little blue or red into your wardrobe and see if it elicits comments at all.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 PM

88,504 posts, read 84,652,005 times
Another good thing about getting older and feeling different about my attractiveness is that all those girls with big boobs who flung them around in their youth so that the boys would all come to them when I could barely fill out an A cup back then are now complaining about how their backs and shoulders hurt from the weight of these things dragging on them after 30 years of the effects of gravity, and then they show you these deep grooves made by their two-inch wide bra straps, and they discuss how they wish they had money for breast reduction surgery and when they take their bras off the boobs go slamming down to somewhere around their waists and I just go off somewhere and laugh and laugh and laugh.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 PM

406 posts, read 1,038,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCountryTrip View Post
Like those days or nights you look in the mirror and you just don't feel sexy or confident at all? Just got it, and I absolutely hate that feeling.
Most people are like that. Real beauty is looking so damn good no matter what conditions you're in, just got out of bed, sick, traveling, up all night, working all day, if someone looks good all the time, with or without make up, they are really beautiful. Most people, including celebrities, have to work very hard to look good, and they only look good for a limited time.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,613,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Another good thing about getting older and feeling different about my attractiveness is that all those girls with big boobs who flung them around in their youth so that the boys would all come to them when I could barely fill out an A cup back then are now complaining about how their backs and shoulders hurt from the weight of these things dragging on them after 30 years of the effects of gravity, and then they show you these deep grooves made by their two-inch wide bra straps, and they discuss how they wish they had money for breast reduction surgery and when they take their bras off the boobs go slamming down to somewhere around their waists and I just go off somewhere and laugh and laugh and laugh.

I have large breasts and the boys never 'came around' for me.

So now I have all the drawbacks (permanent grooves in shoulder bones, back/neck problems etc.) without any of the benefits.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:57 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I have large breasts and the boys never 'came around' for me.

So now I have all the drawbacks (permanent grooves in shoulder bones, back/neck problems etc.) without any of the benefits.

I was thinking the same thing as I read that post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty