Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 PM

15 posts, read 52,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Well I think we've all got a more complete mental image of you now. Daisy Dukes sound like a perfect choice for you.
In fat Kim K's voice *jealous*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 09:33 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,181,833 times
Short shorts are ok if they look good. I dont want to even see a 16 year old in them if she is a fatty. Once my former neighbor who was a very good looking middle aged woman came to my house with a dog that she had taken that had be abandoned. She was wearing some daisy dukes and crying for me to help her find a home for the dog. Her husband wouldn't let her keep the dog...I took the dog..Wife asked me why I took the dog and I told her about the daisy dukes and for her to be glad the neighbor wasn't trying to get rid of a mule....

Last edited by crestliner; 02-27-2013 at 09:48 PM..

Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 PM

2,570 posts, read 7,725,348 times
Oh good grief!

I didn't read all the responses but I must say that I hate these kind of threads. Use your own judgment. Look honestly in the mirror, then proceed to wear whatever the hell you want based on what YOU honestly see. Cut or don't cut your hair, do or don't wear the shorts, or those kind of tops, or sparkly boots, or whatever. Express yourself and have fun and quit worrying about how many birthdays you've had before you do any of those things.

Confidence and being comfy in your own skin are the most attractive things you can possess. You'll be happier in the long run if you follow your own ideas and inner voice on these sort of things.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:51 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,181,833 times
What makes me sick is when some woman who is fat thinks that if she stuffs her fat bootay into short shorts, or small dress she is then sexy. ... Might be to a 500lb male gorilla but not to humans LOL

Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,774,594 times
There is a really simple solution for the problem of seeing people in clothing you don't approve of. Don't look or look away.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:47 AM

18 posts, read 82,289 times
Never. Imho. And I am not saying that because I'm fat or anything. I'm petite. I prefer long skirts myself. I work at a local high school and during the beginnng of the school year these young girls would wear short shorts. They are being hypersexualized before they are ready. Say what you will about it just being about "expressing" oneself. They definately are expressing oneself and putting forth the wrong message. It's sad they don't realize that their worth is far more than their bodies.

Ok..I admit I wear short shorts. But only at the gym. I can pull them off pretty well. But out and about and away from the gym- no.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:33 PM

353 posts, read 579,590 times
If there are no signs of cellulite, they should wear what ever shorts they want.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 PM

518 posts, read 1,002,518 times
Short shorts are okay to wear if the woman has the body for it AND if she wears them around the house, to a friend's house, in the backyard or at the beach where people are wearing bathing suits and bikinis anyway. Wearing them out in public is a no-no as it would attract the wrong kind of attention from men. Plus, in my opinion, a woman wearing short shorts out in public would look slutty and the reason that she would wear something like that is because she is trying to attract sexual attention from men.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:01 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,855,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Short shorts are okay to wear if the woman has the body for it AND if she wears them around the house, to a friend's house, in the backyard or at the beach where people are wearing bathing suits and bikinis anyway. Wearing them out in public is a no-no as it would attract the wrong kind of attention from men. Plus, in my opinion, a woman wearing short shorts out in public would look slutty and the reason that she would wear something like that is because she is trying to attract sexual attention from men.
It's dangerous to make such generalizations about people just by what they're wearing.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:07 PM

5,833 posts, read 7,678,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
At what age can we get over trying to tell other people what to do and stop caring about how people decide to cover their bodies?
She asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty