Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:38 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think there is definitely a line for shorts and skirts somewhere around where you are worried about flashing everyone when you tie your shoe or pick up something off the ground, need to worry about getting a bikini wax before wearing the garment or wearing garments that cause wedgies. Usually somewhere around there is pretty inappropriate.
Who said anything about waxing?

Not me......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 05:30 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,779,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree. Also, what kind of date would it be? Something on the more active/athletic side? If so, then these shorts might not be so bad. But I'm having a hard time seeing these as 'date wear' otherwise.
Oh. I was joking. I do own those shorts but they were part of a Halloween costume. I have too much leg to wear those out and about, people would be fainting left and right at the sight of me. Though I have vague plans to wear them in the future for a pinup style photoshoot.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 PM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetLover View Post
I'm in my late 20's and I still wear short shorts as in daisy dukes, but I have the body for it. Is it ok that I still dress like that. When should women stop wearing things like this.
I think that Daisy Dukes are slutty. They are meant to be provocative and dressing with that in mind is tacky.

There is no age, IMO that a woman must stop wearing shorts. Even short shorts. By that I mean shorts that are about 2" - 3" long and that cover everything essential. If she looks good she should wear them.

There is no age young enough to wear Daisy Dukes. Unless are going for a "Jerry Springer Show" look.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:54 PM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
These are the newest trend. I see the hipster ladies wearing this type locally a few times a day. Since it isn't that warm here, they add tights (and sometimes thigh high socks too).

The more sophisticated ladies have standard tights, sometimes patterned or colorful.

The ones pairing this look with doc martens use tights with lots of runs in them. Or holey leggings that look worn.

Like this:

That's no new trend! Punk girls dressed like that in the late 70s early 80s.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:56 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
That's no new trend! Punk girls dressed like that in the late 70s early 80s.
The shorts seem a lot shorter these days.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
This is a really interesting question. I would think the answer would depend on where you wear them. Who cares what someone wears at home and in the backyard? Wearing them around town might be a question of good taste, or what the customs are in a given area. In a beach town, it might be ok. On the beach, it would be fine.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 PM

59 posts, read 98,560 times
Ugh I have family members that are in their late 40's that wear them. They are financially well off, married women with great jobs but they look so pathetic trying to keep up with their 20 year old daughters. Family parties are the worst because we are all subjected to their cleavage and butt cheeks....ahhhh! It is so awkward. They are attractive and physically fit, but honestly it's just tacky and unsightly.
I agree with the poster that said after you have children. My children would be mortified to go out with me in shorts with my privates showing. Also what kind of message does that send to your children? I am by nature very conservative, although physically I could wear the short shorts I mostly wear capri pants in warm weather.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midcenturymod View Post
Ugh I have family members that are in their late 40's that wear them. They are financially well off, married women with great jobs but they look so pathetic trying to keep up with their 20 year old daughters. Family parties are the worst because we are all subjected to their cleavage and butt cheeks....ahhhh! It is so awkward. They are attractive and physically fit, but honestly it's just tacky and unsightly.
I agree with the poster that said after you have children. My children would be mortified to go out with me in shorts with my privates showing. Also what kind of message does that send to your children? I am by nature very conservative, although physically I could wear the short shorts I mostly wear capri pants in warm weather.
I like the wild older gals......

Van Halen - Finish What Ya Started (music video) HD - YouTube

Old 03-05-2013, 03:14 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,852,714 times
Am I the only one that thinks Daisy Duke was NOT hot? Maybe because the shorts were cut too high on the sides. Or the burnt skin. Or the 70's mane. Part of it was definitely the heels, which I think are unattractive on women.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 AM

836 posts, read 2,947,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Daisy Duke was NOT hot? Maybe because the shorts were cut too high on the sides. Or the burnt skin. Or the 70's mane. Part of it was definitely the heels, which I think are unattractive on women.
Yes, you are the only one, and some conservatives moms, like the one 2 post's up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty