Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 11:54 AM

456 posts, read 1,168,560 times

Advertisements

Lol if a guy told me he preferred short hair (mine is straight, full, shiny, and almost down to my elbows), I would just walk away...men who like short hair freak me out. I imagine that they're secretly gay or have some weird fetish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 799 times
My boyfriend is white, and I am black. He LOVES when I wear my hair curly and have voiced it many times. I am actually starting to enjoy the way I look because of him.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:29 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,364,619 times
Pretty much every time my gf and I are going "out" or dressing up reasonably nice we ask each others opinion. Whether or not I should do my hair, if my outfit looks ok, etc.

Typically the same with her. She has super long dark brown/black beautiful wavy hair. I love when it's up and when it's straight. however I just don't care for it curly. She occasionally tries to curl it, and asks my opinion, and I'm honest lol. I'm not a jerk, I just tell her that I always like her hair straight or up the most, so, she changes it.

She is 20 and works out a ton and is in great shape, but before we met she dressed very very conservatively. Almost like her mom haha. While it's not a bad thing (better than her dressing too trashy in my opinion) sometimes I have to egg her on a bit to get her to dress a bit "sexier." She does, and I buy her cute outfits and heals and she loves wearing them. She still dresses relatively conservative, especially given her age and body, but I've got her past it a bit and she's still very comfortable.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this. People make poor "fashion" choices sometimes, and the person who I always want to look best for is my gf. My outfits are all pretty basic. She picked out a shirt for me to wear last weekend that I neverrr wear and it actually looked really good. I can't even recall what she wore now, but it was hot and always turns heads, which makes me proud haha

Old 09-03-2014, 02:31 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,364,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
Lol if a guy told me he preferred short hair (mine is straight, full, shiny, and almost down to my elbows), I would just walk away...men who like short hair freak me out. I imagine that they're secretly gay or have some weird fetish.
It takes a very special girl to wear short hair. In my opinion, I feel like it often adds 20lbs to a persons look.

Basically meaning, it looks AWESOME on "some" girls, but they have to be very thin. On most, it seems to add some lbs.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:00 PM

4,038 posts, read 2,698,457 times
Let's see... he loves me in my work clothes (dresses/skirts mostly) and my hair long. Also, he could care less if I gain a few pounds or lose a few pounds, he thinks I'm sexy regardless. He doesn't mind a change of hair color, but he does love me to have my nails and toes done.

I like him with a bit of a shadow on his face (so sexy!) and he looks good in just about everything he wears. Although, I do love him in his jeans and Timberlands...

Old 09-04-2014, 09:33 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,107,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
He was biding time until someone better came along. He kept all of it a secret because I was basically paying for everything so he could focus on his hobbies. I had low self esteem because he made me feel I'd never do any better than him. Thats the short version No worries though, he moved onto what he wanted and they're engaged now so he seems happy to finally have what he wanted.
Let's go crash his wedding.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,107,068 times
My wife loves it when I wear a button-down shirt with a tie to work, so on occasion I do. I could wear polo shirts and khaki's (and did for years) but the past year I have stuck to the button-down shirts with or without a tie. She loves it.

Now, I love working in the corporate setting because I think women who dress in a skirt/heels/stockings are sexy. Not too short of a skirt (at work that is), but something hitting the knees at least. Anyway, my wife owns her own business and unfortunately for me, her attire requires khakis and shirts. If she had to wear the skirt/heels, she would be probably late for work on occasion.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:40 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,903,321 times
My husband claims he loves my all of my looks, but that is so not true. My hair is naturally blonde and wavy and I usually wear it long. Apparently, he loves that look. I found this out after going auburn and I could tell he absolutely hated it. I loved it, but was okay with my natural look, too, so I went back.

He absolutely loves updos and pony tails and intricate braids. Go figure.

I was trying out a more professional look and bought some suits and trendy outfits. Then he started buying me jeans and t-shirts. Lots of t-shirts. Of his favorite teams. Point taken. I still wear my favorite trendier outfits, but usually when I'm with my girl friends. They appreciate it more.

He also loves my "natural" make-up look, which is so not natural. My routine is about 15 minutes so I go with that, too, because I really do look better with some make-up.

He loves yoga pants and capris and form-fitting clothes (as long as they are tasteful). He definitely doesn't like cleavage-baring tops, short skirts, or high heels.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:57 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
It takes a very special girl to wear short hair. In my opinion, I feel like it often adds 20lbs to a persons look.

Basically meaning, it looks AWESOME on "some" girls, but they have to be very thin. On most, it seems to add some lbs.
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to houstan-dan again." I completely agree with you houstan. Few women look good with short hair, IMO. I'm a woman myself with thick black hair almost to my waist. I'm one of the many who doesn't look good with short hair. It makes me look heavy, and I'm not fat at all My girlfriend LOVES my hair and talks about how much she loves it. She has short hair that looks fabulous on her, but, as you mentioned, she is very tiny, weighing just over 100 lbs.

I don't like having an SO who tries to control the way I look, however. Opinions are OK; control freaks are not. I was married briefly, and my ex-husband was constantly criticizing the way I looked. He wanted me to dye my hair red, lose weight (I wear a size 8/10 naturally), and wear skirts more often. I'm an athletic dark skinned Indian girl who didn't want to completely change to suit him, and I didn't think he'd be happy no matter what I did anyway. After dieting and exercising like crazy trying unsuccessfully to drop the pounds, I gave up both on losing weight and the relationship. It was one of the wisest decisions I ever made

Old 09-06-2014, 08:51 AM

22,237 posts, read 29,269,623 times
Current bf loves my hair still long and blonde and tight clothes, heels but no cleavage showing. I have DD's so you can tell I'm stacked. I, however, like to show cleavage. It's why I bought them years ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty