Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 09:27 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
ways to delay wrinkles
1. no illegal drug use
2. dont abuse alcohol (no binge drinking and keep to about one or two drinks a day)
3. dont suntan-wear sunblock when out in the sun
4. dont smoke tobacco-it will break down the calogen in the skin and cause those verticle wrinkles around the mouth and the sagging jowls on the sides of the chin.
5. get plenty of sleep
6. wear little to no makeup. allow your skin to breath.
Let me add - DRINK A LOT OF WATER! People don't realize you MUST stay hydrated from within. And about the sun - it's actually good for your skin to get SOME sun every day (for Vitamin D) I don't like sunscreens, but apply coconut or almond oil for some light protection (they have a small amount of SPF factor) I always have a very light tan. I am 64, and have very few wrinkles or lines. They mostly show up when I smile. I am not going to obsess over it, what counts is to be healthy and look your best whatever age you are. None of us escapes the hands of time. I see people in their 80s who look FANTASTIC - keep your weight in check and the body toned, eat right, sleep and don't smoke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 09:55 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
ways to delay wrinkles
1. no illegal drug use
2. dont abuse alcohol (no binge drinking and keep to about one or two drinks a day)
3. dont suntan-wear sunblock when out in the sun
4. dont smoke tobacco-it will break down the calogen in the skin and cause those verticle wrinkles around the mouth and the sagging jowls on the sides of the chin.
5. get plenty of sleep
6. wear little to no makeup. allow your skin to breath.
i do every one of this.

1-never used drugs
2- i drink very little alcohol, dont have alcohol in my house. Though i do the "get together with friends and drink a lot of beer" thing maybe once every 2 weeks, and the binge drinking maybe twice a year in big parties or new years. but thats it, i almost never drink.
3- dont like to suntan
4- i dont smoke and never smoked
5- i sleep quite a lot, specially on weekends
6- i dont wear make up (except some in the eyes, sometimes) cause i dont need it

Old 10-27-2013, 10:12 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
Some people do age slowly compared to others. It is not always a good thing. I am very bothered when much younger guys comes to approach me. I feel like a mother to them. What I think is "don't you see I could be your mother"

On my body, my butt and face are younger than me but hands and toes are older

What keeps you forever young is not your skin. It is your spirite As long as you have your personal light and your lifes sparkle with you, you are young. Other people can also sense and see it on you. Everything comes inside, not outside.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Use products with sunscreen in them.

Wash your face daily and use an appropriate moisturizer for your skin type.

Do NOT use harsh astringents or alcohol based products on your skin.

I also swear by a good facial a few times a year, mineral mud masques, and doing natural things such as using natural ingredients to make masques from scratch to pump up the nutrition to your skin.

Don't abuse your body in any way. Don't try to be TOO thin (especially as you age) - the face looks better with a little bit of fat beneath the surface. Speaking of fat, eat natural, mono and poly unsaturated fats WITHOUT FEAR. "Good" fats are good for your skin.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:47 PM

571 posts, read 1,201,074 times
As the poster Il Pulcino Pio touched on, wrinkles aren't the only factor as to whether people look their age.

1) The way they walk (not just posture, some people walk with more energy and effortless gestures)
2) Hair - the fullness, the texture, the shine
3) Teeth - even for those with healthy gums. The years pull back the gums a bit more. Teeth lose their luster and become more porous (getting stained easily)
4) Thin eyebrows
5) Sparse lashes
6) Hallows in the face (or simple fleshiness in areas such as the eyelids)
7) Your body (even for the thin - lack of muscle tone, a thicker middle)
8) sun spots

All this is not to say that age is terrible. It is something to accept and yes, make the best of. It's worth the effort to eat right, keep in shape, work on keeping the mind sharp, etc.

It's wonderful to simply look great for your age.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this business of "I get told I look 10 years younger than I am, etc" - I find it rarely to be true. It's a nice compliment, a nice pat on the back: you're efforts are paying off. But, I've seen people say "your daughter looks like your sister!" (rarely the case). A woman in the store the other day told me that she was confused for her 16 year old daughter, when in fact she's 35 (before hearing her story I thought she was 40).

We see what we want to see in the mirror. We take a nice compliment and make more of it than it is. I guess there is not much harm in believing ourselves to look way younger than we are - except for the fact that it delays the acceptance of the inevitable.

(BTW, I hope this post doesn't come off as bitter. I get told all the time that I look way younger than I am, and I do put effort into working out, the sunscreen, etc. I accept these compliments graciously, but am happy to simply look good at my current age. I have some close friends that look smoking hot in their 40s - and their goal isn't to pass off as being in their 20s or 30s.)

Old 10-27-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
As the poster Il Pulcino Pio touched on, wrinkles aren't the only factor as to whether people look their age.

1) The way they walk (not just posture, some people walk with more energy and effortless gestures)
3) Teeth - even for those with healthy gums. The years pull back the gums a bit more. Teeth lose their luster and become more porous (getting stained easily)
4) Thin eyebrows
5) Sparse lashes
8) sun spots

All this is not to say that age is terrible. It is something to accept and yes, make the best of. It's worth the effort to eat right, keep in shape, work on keeping the mind sharp, etc.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this business of "I get told I look 10 years younger than I am, etc" - I find it rarely to be true. It's a nice compliment, a nice pat on the back: you're efforts are paying off. But, I've seen people say "your daughter looks like your sister!" (rarely the case). A woman in the store the other day told me that she was confused for her 16 year old daughter, when in fact she's 35 (before hearing her story I thought she was 40).

We see what we want to see in the mirror. We take a nice compliment and make more of it than it is. I guess there is not much harm in believing ourselves to look way younger than we are - except for the fact that it delays the acceptance of the inevitable.

(BTW, I hope this post doesn't come off as bitter. I get told all the time that I look way younger than I am, and I do put effort into working out, the sunscreen, etc. I accept these compliments graciously, but am happy to simply look good at my current age. I have some close friends that look smoking hot in their 40s - and their goal isn't to pass off as being in their 20s or 30s.)

Kind of agree with what you say but i DO look younger. Theres not one person that hasnt been shocked when they learned my age (eventhough im still young and is not like at 31 you have signs of age anyway) cause evidently i do look like im still in my 20s. Maybe not 20, but definetely 24-26, or so i been told by every person i tell my age to.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:42 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im 31 and still no sign of any wrinkles, not even surrounding the eyes (know people my age that have them) or in the forehead (some people my age also have them). At what age do i have to expect first winkles to appear and what was your experience with this?
Can i coast through the 30s without any wrinkle?
I'm 50 no real wrinkles as of yet! My advice, avoid sunbathing & tanning beds , nothing ages the skins faster or causes more damage than the sun and always wear sunscreen, when outside a big hat cover up the chest/arms as well.. ... I with my two of my 3 children 27 and 23 at son wedding 2013.

Last edited by WildCard~; 10-27-2013 at 07:13 PM..

Old 10-27-2013, 07:21 PM

you look really young!

Old 10-28-2013, 01:26 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
55 here. Caucasian. Pale skin, dark hair.

No wrinkles because of genetics - no smoking - drink little alcohol - no sunbathing.

Most people are shocked when they learn my age.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post

4) Thin eyebrows
5) Sparse lashes
8) sun spots

I agree. In spite of looking young for my age, of course ultimately I will look older.

Might as well embrace it and feel free I say. You'll be a lot happier!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty