U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,933 posts, read 6,917,002 times
Reputation: 5505

Advertisements

How do you feel about them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
550 posts, read 1,113,282 times
Reputation: 651
Sexy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 11:25 AM
 
3,517 posts, read 5,796,953 times
Reputation: 5597
Tacky. But then, I'm anti-tanning altogether, which is a shame because I love soaking up the sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,933 posts, read 6,917,002 times
Reputation: 5505
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Tacky. But then, I'm anti-tanning altogether, which is a shame because I love soaking up the sun.
Are you even capable to taking on color?

I would say it depends on the amount of contrast and level of blending. Looking at my forearm for example, the bottom of it is pasty, but the exposed side is fairly tan. The transition from tan to pasty has a natural appearance. Now if you've been out in a bathing suit lounging by the pool all summer, yuck! So if you do tan, tan it all, otherwise, spend less time in the sun/in a tanning bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 11:46 AM
 
Location: US
5,144 posts, read 11,095,617 times
Reputation: 5352
Hate them. The worst is when they are paired with a formal dress. I think you should rotate suits or stick to things that don't show the line in general. I also think its hilarious to be nude with tan lines. It just looks so off compared to all over even color. Pale or tan.

Farmer tan - Also a bad one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 AM
 
Location: US
5,144 posts, read 11,095,617 times
Reputation: 5352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post

I would say it depends on the amount of contrast and level of blending. Looking at my forearm for example, the bottom of it is pasty, but the exposed side is fairly tan. The transition from tan to pasty has a natural appearance. Now if you've been out in a bathing suit lounging by the pool all summer, yuck! So if you do tan, tan it all, otherwise, spend less time in the sun/in a tanning bed.
Definitely makes it worse when you look high contrast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 11:53 AM
 
5,371 posts, read 5,349,180 times
Reputation: 10112
Summer blondes revealing tan lines,
I make more moves than Allied Van Lines,

I-I-I wanna be a lifeguard,
I-I-I wanna guard your life,

"I Wanna Be A Lifeguard" - Blotto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM
 
3,517 posts, read 5,796,953 times
Reputation: 5597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Are you even capable to taking on color?

I would say it depends on the amount of contrast and level of blending. Looking at my forearm for example, the bottom of it is pasty, but the exposed side is fairly tan. The transition from tan to pasty has a natural appearance. Now if you've been out in a bathing suit lounging by the pool all summer, yuck! So if you do tan, tan it all, otherwise, spend less time in the sun/in a tanning bed.
Red is a color.

Ombré tan lines just look kind of dirty to me. Like you've been up to your elbows in dirt that won't quite wash off so it's lightly dyed your skin a darker shade. Of course you can only avoid the sun so much and most people will have lighter and darker parts of their skin, but it's not a look I think anyone should strive for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Status: "New Year, New Me" (set 25 minutes ago)
 
Location: Way up high
14,864 posts, read 21,444,593 times
Reputation: 16107
Used to have a thong tan line. Now I tan bucked naked. I've never been a fan of the upper tan lines for off shoulder shirts, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
15,781 posts, read 25,713,172 times
Reputation: 21286
I dont like tan lines that is why i tan with nothing on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top