Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM

1,830 posts, read 6,151,429 times

Advertisements

What is the best way to remove the light "peach fuzz" that we older gals get on our faces?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 11:13 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
The right lotion to hydrate your face can help. Sometimes the skin can retract making facial hair look more prominent than it actually is.

Is your skin tight enough to deal with a honey wax? (have to be careful with waxing and aged skin, it can tear/bruise)

If not you could go with one of those eyebrow trimmers. They don't cut all the way to the skin like a razor can so you are less likely to have pokey stubble. The hair will grow in more naturally with the curve and lay against your face instead of sticking strait out.

I would be very careful about chemical creams. I don't think anyone wants to walk around with chemical burns on their face. I recently used a gentle nair formula on my legs this past summer and just now the pores that it messed up with a chemical burn are finally normal again. I used it as directed and only one tiny ankle spot had a reaction. :/

Old 03-11-2013, 11:14 AM

456 posts, read 1,169,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
What is the best way to remove the light "peach fuzz" that we older gals get on our faces?
I would go to a laser hair removal center and if that doesn't work, electrolysis. I started to get it after taking hair vitamins and I'm losing my mind over it lol. So, I'm spending a ton of money on the laser treatments, but it's worth it I'm sure.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM

31 posts, read 53,885 times
Pluck it

Old 03-11-2013, 12:51 PM

456 posts, read 1,169,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Morris View Post
Pluck it
Definitely not! That will make it worse.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:47 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,151,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
The right lotion to hydrate your face can help. Sometimes the skin can retract making facial hair look more prominent than it actually is.

Is your skin tight enough to deal with a honey wax? (have to be careful with waxing and aged skin, it can tear/bruise)

If not you could go with one of those eyebrow trimmers. They don't cut all the way to the skin like a razor can so you are less likely to have pokey stubble. The hair will grow in more naturally with the curve and lay against your face instead of sticking strait out.

I would be very careful about chemical creams. I don't think anyone wants to walk around with chemical burns on their face. I recently used a gentle nair formula on my legs this past summer and just now the pores that it messed up with a chemical burn are finally normal again. I used it as directed and only one tiny ankle spot had a reaction. :/

I use wax strips on my upper lip but the rest of my face is too soft. Had considered getting an Epislim which might be like the eyebrow trimmer? but the reviews I've read sound like it doesn't work too well. Can't afford professional treatments. Does the eyebrow trimmer pull the hair out?

Old 03-11-2013, 04:41 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,931,597 times
If it really is just fine peach fuzz---leave it alone. Wear a good, hydrating moisturizer applied in the direction of how the hair grows. The moisturizer applied in this way will force the peach fuzz to bend and lie down flat against your face. It's natural to have it---and it's best to just leave it alone. Once you start messing around trying to remove it, you could cause other problems like adult acne, more visible pores, etc. I remember my Mom having this fine peach fuzz when she got older, and when my son was little he used to stroke her face and say, "Grandma has such soft skin, Mom!" So cute.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
I use wax strips on my upper lip but the rest of my face is too soft. Had considered getting an Epislim which might be like the eyebrow trimmer? but the reviews I've read sound like it doesn't work too well. Can't afford professional treatments. Does the eyebrow trimmer pull the hair out?
No. I would be careful with the Epislim. Those things can break off really fine hair or pull at the skin.

With eyebrow trimmers its just like a baby sized buzzer or manual razor with a guard:

Touch 'N Brow - Ladyn Touch N Brow Razor

Philips - Nose, ear and eyebrow trimmer Plus - NT9110/60 - Nose, ear and eyebrow trimmers - Beard stylers and grooming kits - Personal care

I would go with the electric one. If you hate it just give to the hubby for nose hair.

I gave one to my mother last holiday since she was complaining about the post meno hair issues making her foundation look bad and creams were not cutting it anymore. She uses it to keep away monobrow too when her skin is too sensitive for plucking.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Go have a professional facial wax. You will feel so fresh and clean. I go every six weeks.

No mustache here! I see older gals at my work, who look positively simian, they have so much "facial down", and absolutely gruesome looking with make up clinging to the hairs.

One woman, I just wanted to give her the phone number of my spa. Really. Does she know how horrible the hair on the side of her face looks? Yes, it is "peach fuzz", but ALOT of it! Ugh.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:06 AM

11 posts, read 56,400 times
yes the solution for your problem can be find at any laser clinic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty