Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is harder to overcome in terms of looks?
Being a short man 28 53.85%
Being a fat woman 24 46.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 05:29 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,543 times

Advertisements

Not yet ANOTHER thread about fat women and/or short men. Really---this is getting OLD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 05:48 PM

157 posts, read 185,757 times
Cap said that the fat is worse. You are not comprehending what is said in that post.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:57 PM

175 posts, read 279,483 times
I think being a short man is a bigger obstacle to attractiveness. I am overweight (size 14) and I do not go unnoticed by chubby chasers. I have been involved with other men who do not claim to be chubby chasers but instead state that weight is just not a prominent qualifier for them except in extreme cases of emaciation or obesity. I am not saying that my weight does not limit my prospective dating pool, because it certainly does..but it can be overcome, which is what the OP asked.

Short man, fat woman..I think that we are all worthy of love just as we are and here's to hoping we will all find it!

Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 PM

406 posts, read 1,039,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
I think average is 5'10" in America at least.
You thought right, it is 5' 10". I voted fat woman but after looking at this picture I'm thinking I should've voted short man.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think fat women are more apt to be publicly humiliated and shamed. I don't see or hear nearly as many people going out of their way to make fun of short men as I do fat women.

As for an impediment, I think being a fat woman is worse. Even when you do lose the weight if your skin doesn't bounce back and you have stretch marks you're still unattractive. So, you lost the weight and it really doesn't matter. I'd take being a short man over a fat woman any day.
Not where I work. They say nothing of chunkier girls but they sure do rag on the short guys...and these are some pretty short guys. There's two of them and man, it's non stop.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:18 AM

175 posts, read 279,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Not where I work. They say nothing of chunkier girls but they sure do rag on the short guys...and these are some pretty short guys. There's two of them and man, it's non stop.
Oh yes..when I was in EMS endless jokes were cracked at the two short fellas' expense. Few people will playfully tease a woman about being overweight, because it's well-known to be a sensitive issue, but I wished people utilized a fraction of that consideration before ragging on men of shorter stature. Of course the short medics I worked with laughed it off, I only hope that it was because they genuinely were not bothered by the commentary and not because they withheld their reaction, but I am not so sure.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Some men will always find big, chubby or fat women attractive. A short man is always going to have problems attracting women.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.U.E.E.N View Post
Honestly, I'm going with short.

A fat woman probably has more chances getting laid than a short dude.

I mean, what woman has a known fetish for short dudes? Never even heard of it.
any woman has a better chance of getting laid than any dude. a woman can walk into any bar and be guaranteed someone will penetrate her if she wants to (she doesnt necessarily get to pick the best guy). a guy doesnt have such great odds.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:56 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
any woman has a better chance of getting laid than any dude. a woman can walk into any bar and be guaranteed someone will penetrate her if she wants to (she doesnt necessarily get to pick the best guy). a guy doesnt have such great odds.
Yup.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:08 PM

151 posts, read 220,478 times
Is this a bisexual poll?

Obviously it depends on your sexual orientation

For me short guy is 5'5 or under. I am not picky with height being 5'3 myself I prefer shorter men but guys below 5'4 are not that attractive to me but I wouldn't date a guy over 5'11 either.

Last edited by Harlem Shake; 03-15-2013 at 01:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty