Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 11,827 times

Advertisements

6 months ago I decided to stop wearing purses unless necessary. Simply they hurt. I would carry one to work everyday only to have a sore back and shoulders. So, I got a small leather backpack (Amazon.com: Le Donne Leather Everything Womans Backpack/Purse (Tan): Clothing)

Besides scratching easily I love it, but now I am hunting for something bigger. My Le Donne is great for weekends, but I am straining it with everyday use for work. After stuffing my water bottle, smoothie, wallet, and little things I can't fit my Ipad or headphone. I have the large beats and when put theme in the bag it is STUFFED! I fear I am overloading it and decreasing the life of it.

Well, now I am in the market for a new leather backpack. I want leather, because I like the way it looks. I can wear it to work and out. I have a very simple clean style. I don't like a lot of patterns and such.

I have a budget, but I am also willingly to save up if necessary. I can afford a name brand, but quality is most important. I want something that I can use all the time and it will last forever. I don't buy a lot of bags as it is, and recently got rid of a lot of them to sophisticate my style a bit more.

I was looking at possibly a Coach Rivington, because it had nice reviews, but I am unsure if I need to spend $400 for sleek wear anywhere style and lasting material.

Any advice on other more affordable but great quality brands a woman in their 20s might not think of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM

305 posts, read 1,116,064 times
One idea:

Convertible Backpack - Levenger®

Very good reputation for quality, sale price half of the one you mentioned.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:11 PM

406 posts, read 1,038,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiegeorge View Post
6 months ago I decided to stop wearing purses unless necessary. Simply they hurt. I would carry one to work everyday only to have a sore back and shoulders. So, I got a small leather backpack (Amazon.com: Le Donne Leather Everything Womans Backpack/Purse (Tan): Clothing)

Besides scratching easily I love it, but now I am hunting for something bigger. My Le Donne is great for weekends, but I am straining it with everyday use for work. After stuffing my water bottle, smoothie, wallet, and little things I can't fit my Ipad or headphone. I have the large beats and when put theme in the bag it is STUFFED! I fear I am overloading it and decreasing the life of it.

Well, now I am in the market for a new leather backpack. I want leather, because I like the way it looks. I can wear it to work and out. I have a very simple clean style. I don't like a lot of patterns and such.

I have a budget, but I am also willingly to save up if necessary. I can afford a name brand, but quality is most important. I want something that I can use all the time and it will last forever. I don't buy a lot of bags as it is, and recently got rid of a lot of them to sophisticate my style a bit more.

I was looking at possibly a Coach Rivington, because it had nice reviews, but I am unsure if I need to spend $400 for sleek wear anywhere style and lasting material.

Any advice on other more affordable but great quality brands a woman in their 20s might not think of?

PRL leather backpack

Coach leather backpack

Coach leather backpack

Saddleback backpack (100 year warranty)

Saddleback backpack

Saddleback backpack

Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
If you have a local leather maker, I bet you can find one there.

Here are a few that are local for me:
leather backpacks: genuine Libaire leather backpacks
backpack & slings :: Sven Design, Inc. - Fine Leather Handbags & Wallets <<< they will customize stuff too.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:23 AM

7 posts, read 39,716 times
Use internet and get awesome store!

Old 05-06-2014, 11:02 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Here are two options:
leather backpacks: genuine Libaire leather backpacks
Handbags - backpack & slings - SVEN

Handmade in the US

Old 05-07-2014, 03:57 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,221,245 times
Another option. (many outlet malls have a Wilson's store).

Wilsons Leather - Quality Leather Jackets & Accessories

Old 11-18-2014, 06:05 AM

29,440 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Saddleback
Filson
Colonel Littleton
Tom Bihn
Custom Hide
JW Hulme
Lotuff
Copper River
Renaissance-art

The thing with leather is you get what you pay for. My wife and I have bags from Saddleback, Renaissance art and Filson and they are top notch and will definitely outlast us.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:08 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
It may behoove you to take your current items with you into a brick and mortar store and find a backpack that you like then put all your stuff in it at the store and see if it fits. If it does you have found your backpack if not you know to keep looking.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:48 AM

4 posts, read 6,333 times
Go for e-commerce sites. They might upload something useful for you.

May be that's a bit cozy, but you should try there instead of here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty