Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaCat View Post
I can understand why a woman would want implants after a mastectomy or if there was some type of deformity. But just to make them bigger - I'll never understand this. I am in the reverse situation of considering a reduction because my breasts are way too big for my frame and are causing me significant back, neck and shoulder problems, not to mention the cosmetic problems with being disproportionately large. They are such a burden - I would seriously be happy with an "A" cup. The only hesitation I have is that the surgery is much more extensive for a reduction than enlargement and this is a concern. There is also significant down time.

I strongly recommend that women who want to get implants for cosmetic reasons consider the non-cosmetic ramifications of having larger breasts, especially as you get older.
Have you been fitted in the "right" bra size? A lot of people change their minds when they get the right bra because it eliminates the pain .......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 12:56 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john360 View Post
Hate when fat women say they have big boobs, well obviously they're big because you're fat. Boobs are fat.
Breasts are fat and breast tissue. Ever woman has different ratios of each. Breast size is basically genetics. If breasts were simply a matter of weight gain or loss, breast size would be predictable based on "weight". It isn't.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:45 AM

517 posts, read 998,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Please note: The thoughts in this post apply to women who had normal, healthy breasts before implants. It is not a commentary on women who get implants due to deformity or other medical circumstances.

Why do some people hate breast implants? The reasons are endless.

I think the main point is that the pendulum is swinging back, away from fake toward natural. Natural is now a novelty, and humans are drawn to novelty. Basically, implants have been overdone. We're sick of them.

I actually think the jealousy factor is overstated and overestimated. I don't believe many women look at other women with implants and get mad because they wish they could afford some. I think the sentiment goes more along the lines of "really? you had to get those boobs? as if that's what we're supposed to look like? as if natural breasts are not enough? not acceptable?" When a woman just gets implants to have a bigger set, and her original pair was not deformed, but perfectly normal, it's almost an insult to women as a whole. It helps to further normalize a beauty ideal only achievable through surgery. It helps to foster the idea that beauty costs a lot of money. It's consumerism at its sickest - human beings paying to have strangers knock them out, slice them open, and insert foreign objects into their bodies for the sake of... "beauty". I'm telling you, the archeologists of the future are going to think our society was pretty whacked when they dig up these skeletons with giant sacks attached to the rib cages.

On to another reason people don't dig implants: they usually look grotesque because of who is getting them. Implants would really give the best effect for someone who had a nice layer of softness / padding / fat on them. The implants would look... real-ish. But people with a nice layer of fat are the least likely to "need" implants! (Breasts are mostly fat after all.) Our culture tells women "you must be skinny!" but for most women, once they get "skinny enough" their boobs go away along with the rest of the fat. Our culture then tells women "you must have big boobs!" For most women it's either / or. Either you can be super skinny with no boobs or you can carry a little extra weight and have boobs. But culture says neither of those options is acceptable. You have to be skinny with big boobs, (so all the gyms, diet companies, and surgeons can be filthy rich.) But what we get are these emaciated women, with these big, round volley balls stuck on their chests and it just looks wrong.

I think many people associate negative personality / character traits with fake boob women. Above average vanity and a misguided sense of self worth to name a couple. If bigger boobs make you feel better about yourself.. what does that say about you? Where did you get the idea that your real breasts were "wrong"? Women who get implants risk their health for beauty. I say this about cell phones too - we don't have enough generations of scientific data to know what the health risks and implications will be. Why be a guinea pig? Like it or not, we do judge others based on how they spend their time and money. Implants have to be re-done every 10-15 years or so. All of that money and recovery time could arguably be better spent. Just sayin'. Additionally, I believe many people instinctively / intuitively know that women who get breast implants are more likely to be mentally unbalanced. The suicide rate among women with implants is 3 times higher than among women without implants. Women with implants have triple the likelihood of death by drugs and alcohol compared with the general population. Here are some articles about the link between psychiatric issues and breast augmentation:

Breast Implants Triple Suicide Risk

Cosmetic Breast Surgeries Tied to Increased Suicide Risk - ABC News

Women Who Receive Breast Implants More Likely to Commit Suicide - Suicide, Depression, Anxiety Disorders

Breast implants, like myspace, silly bandz, or low rise jeans, are a fad. The look is becoming lame and dated. We are moving on. To butts apparently. But anyway the real point is: it's one thing to take part in a fad by signing up for a web page, or buying some cheap bracelets, but when you are literally having surgery to participate in a fleeting trend... yikes. Boobs, like pretty much everything else, go through fads and trends. Think about the preferred look in the flapper era vs. the 1950s vs. the 2000s! Who knows what will be in style next. It does appear that big round implants have been played out though. Maybe all the geniuses out there who got them can have them removed and re-implanted into their butt cheeks now. Gotta keep up with the times..
I've got 3 things to say.

This is why people hate implants most of the time.

A secure woman wouldn't care. I'm a D cup mainstream sizing.. I don't care because I'm a D cup mainstream. and barely 100 lbs.
my grandma was a mainstream sizing 36DD with 23 in waist. My aunt was a38F with a 28" waist. It goes on and on. None of them would give a flying fig that a girl has implants. It can actually be empowering to know someone works that hard to achieve such breasts sizes. I hardly think about it. I don't think poorly about her but I feel like I have a bit in common with her. For one how do you know a girl is built like a young Pamela Anderson or holly Madison? This is prejudice as you don't know if someone has big boobs and is akinny she may very well be endowed. Yes we can have perky boobs too. And it's none of your business to ask anyone whether they're big or small. That's their business. Why is it girls with big boobs and skinny bodies get blamed for being these stereotypes more than women with other parts? People are built different shapes and sizes why should one be judged as a fake because it doesn't seem "normal" to you?

Basically you've stated from this post if you're skinny and big chested you're going to label them in a certain category.

Also, I feel like I've dealt with this quite a lot. Where skinny girls with small chests and fat girls and guys all gang up on you as being fake because they're family and women they know aren't as endowed. It's IMO based off insecurities around the subject. Then, they just push it all on you. It's like a self hate that makes them hate other women. I say if you want that type of body don't lash out and judge people you have no clue on and get the body you want and stop hating others. I certainly think nonjudgmental women with boob jobs are better than insecure prejudice natural people.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
I've got 3 things to say.

This is why people hate implants most of the time.

A secure woman wouldn't care. I'm a D cup mainstream sizing.. I don't care because I'm a D cup mainstream. and barely 100 lbs.
my grandma was a mainstream sizing 36DD with 23 in waist. My aunt was a38F with a 28" waist. It goes on and on. None of them would give a flying fig that a girl has implants. It can actually be empowering to know someone works that hard to achieve such breasts sizes. I hardly think about it. I don't think poorly about her but I feel like I have a bit in common with her. For one how do you know a girl is built like a young Pamela Anderson or holly Madison? This is prejudice as you don't know if someone has big boobs and is akinny she may very well be endowed. Yes we can have perky boobs too. And it's none of your business to ask anyone whether they're big or small. That's their business. Why is it girls with big boobs and skinny bodies get blamed for being these stereotypes more than women with other parts? People are built different shapes and sizes why should one be judged as a fake because it doesn't seem "normal" to you?

Basically you've stated from this post if you're skinny and big chested you're going to label them in a certain category.

Also, I feel like I've dealt with this quite a lot. Where skinny girls with small chests and fat girls and guys all gang up on you as being fake because they're family and women they know aren't as endowed. It's IMO based off insecurities around the subject. Then, they just push it all on you. It's like a self hate that makes them hate other women. I say if you want that type of body don't lash out and judge people you have no clue on and get the body you want and stop hating others. I certainly think nonjudgmental women with boob jobs are better than insecure prejudice natural people.
You say your a D, but without band size your cup size is completely irrelevant.

30D Bra Search | Bra Band Project

30D. Definitely not 'big' by any means.

And I get 'accused' of having fake boobs all the time. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've actually been told, very rudely I might add, by a guy that he would NEVER date anyone who would put fake plastic parts in themselves referring to my chest. My sister started laughing hysterically and said 'Hers are real, and you'll NEVER GET TO SEE THEM NOW!'.

Being a large busted woman, I just don't understand why women would want big boobs...they're irritating, they open you up to extremely rude and objectifying comments and clothes are more difficult to find. But, to each their own I suppose.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You say your a D, but without band size your cup size is completely irrelevant.

30D Bra Search | Bra Band Project

30D. Definitely not 'big' by any means.

And I get 'accused' of having fake boobs all the time. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've actually been told, very rudely I might add, by a guy that he would NEVER date anyone who would put fake plastic parts in themselves referring to my chest. My sister started laughing hysterically and said 'Hers are real, and you'll NEVER GET TO SEE THEM NOW!'.

Being a large busted woman, I just don't understand why women would want big boobs...they're irritating, they open you up to extremely rude and objectifying comments and clothes are more difficult to find. But, to each their own I suppose.
I'm a 32D. That's by vs adding 4 inches to my rib cage. I was saying my mainstream sizing.

I have 8 to 9 in cups. I have yet to find someone measure without adding inches to my band size. I've been sized at 30 at the lowest yet every time they measure my band they concur its 28 inches weird.

As a large chested woman I actually found just today they actually help me Clothing otherwise not fit. Big boobs aren't a bad thing. All shapes and sizes are beautiful.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
I'm a 32D. That's by vs adding 4 inches to my rib cage. I was saying my mainstream sizing.

I have 8 to 9 in cups. I have yet to find someone measure without adding inches to my band size. I've been sized at 30 at the lowest yet every time they measure my band they concur its 28 inches weird.

As a large chested woman I actually found just today they actually help me Clothing otherwise not fit. Big boobs aren't a bad thing. All shapes and sizes are beautiful.
Then you're not measuring correctly, Victoria's Secret doesn't measure correctly at all.

Thin and Curvy: How to measure your bra size, the correct way!

If you're adding inches, you're wearing the wrong size bra. I don't really know what you mean by '8 or 9" cups', is that the difference between the measurement of your ribcage and over your breasts? If so, by your measurements you're a 28H or something along those lines.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:15 PM

I am well aware there are different ways to measure that's why I said mainstream.
And yes this is why I don't say I'm an h cup because people get I incorrect ideas. My size looks like a small d now.
Yes when I don't add inches to the band size I am about 8 almost 9 inches in just cups. Surprised? Well everyone is and at this point I'd more than gladly stick my middle finger up to any Redon befuddled by a very small girl having 8 to 9 in cups. You'll never understand what it's like to have big boobs and being. Barely healthy bmi be cause you're almost underweight and evwryone looks at you like you're wrong and you somehow brought it you
Yourself.
Mainstream stores say I'm a 32D.

The way our language works is where every letter stands for a size. I know it's incorrect when describing my breasts size I use D cup as a way to give an idea. Also my mom had 3 in cups and I consider her an A I find it odd someone could literally have one or 2 inch cups that's just odd from what I'm used to. H in no way is a good descriptive word for my size honestly.

Last edited by kitgirl11; 06-19-2013 at 11:25 PM..

Old 06-19-2013, 11:17 PM

Also my band size due to big shoulders isn't the same As a small shouldered woman. So my breasts size isn't actually 28H.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,491 times
Quote:
Also my band size due to big shoulders isn't the same As a small shouldered woman. So my breasts size isn't actually 28H.
What does the size of your shoulders have to do with your band size?

Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 PM

They're around 40". My rib cage is 28". So you can tell gradually through my chest my bone structure gets bigger and so my boobs back and cup size affect this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty