Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,899,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
When will this absurd fallacy die already? I don't even know where to start.

I've never seen a woman who looked like a little boy. I've never heard a non-pedophilic man express a desire for a woman who looks like a little boy. The implication that gay men choose models who look like little boys for their own sexual tastes is simultaneously out of this world absurd and horrifyingly offense to both gay men and thin women.

It's a straw man perpetuated by women with self esteem issues and men who recognize femininity in only a very narrow range of features. It is one of the dumbest arguments I've heard that is very rarely challenged and we are all dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
I think the analysis of why models are chosen who look a certain way would be inaccurate.

However some runway models do have an androgynous look about them. Runway models typically have narrower hips in relation to the width of their shoulders, for instance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
YES!

Marry me, Doll Eyes!

I don't fit any of the things you listed except I am not frumpy. Other then that I don't put much stock in my appearance and have no interest in altering my personality either way so some man's day can go better, but that's just me. Obviously most other women run through hoops to get a man and like I said, whatever works for them.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
You seem to have done some editing...

But on that note, I'll take a Stepford Wife over the average feminist-minded, "big is beautiful!" trainwreck on her weekly margarita night.

Of course you'll take a stepford wife, nothing to deliver any blows to your ego with that one.

FYI: not every woman who has opinions and isn't obsessed with her looks is equal to a fat feminist, but again typical thoughts.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:10 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,940,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What about all the hot and average-looking feminists?
Ruth, you silly lady, hot and "average-looking" don't coexist with ideological malfunctions like feminism.

However, if you care to show me these women...

Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In the end it really does not matter what men say. Look at their girlfriends and wives. Have you ever noticed that MOST of these men who supposedly hate fat and/or ugly women are with fat and/or ugly women? Just saying.....
This is one of the most understated causes of the obesity epidemic. If it was impossible for an obese woman to find a man interested in her there would be less female obesity. Also the fact that men will have sex with anything that moves is why there has been a great increase in frumpy dressed women. What a different world it would be if more men had standards.

102,220 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Ruth, you silly lady, hot and "average-looking" don't coexist with ideological malfunctions like feminism.

However, if you care to show me these women...
They're all around you. It doesn't occur to you that they're feminists, because you're too busy thinking, "Whoa! She's hot! How do I approach her?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Of course you'll take a stepford wife, nothing to deliver any blows to your ego with that one.

FYI: not every woman who has opinions and isn't obsessed with her looks is equal to a fat feminist, but again typical thoughts.
Yes, any male who expresses even the slightest discontent with the behaviorial characteristics of women (particularly those following generation X) who are culturally predisposed to feminist hypocricies does so purely because he's an egotistical a$$hole, right?

The fat feminists are still the worst, though...

Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 PM

102,220 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Yes, feminism is more tolerable, even bordering on fascinating, if presented in the right package.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Yes, any male who expresses even the slightest discontent with the behaviorial characteristics of women (particularly those following generation X) who are culturally predisposed to feminist hypocricies does so purely because he's an egotistical a$$hole, right?

Most are egotistical as*holes in general regardless of what they're expressing. Time and again it seems to boil down to them thinking they can actually play 'create a woman' for their own pleasures. At least that's been put forth numerous times on this site. They see nothing wrong with this apparently. There's a difference between expressing 'discontent with behavioral characteristics' and actually thinking you can control the outcome for another person, LOL. A woman's sole goal in life is in fact, not to walk around primped and preened, until some man deems her 'worthy,' this may come as a shock. Here's a crazy notion: how about a woman just being who she is the same way men are able to do? That doesn't automatically equate to walking around half dressed nor walking around frumpy and being labeled a feminist.

Anyway feminist and whatever else is off the topic.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They're all around you. It doesn't occur to you that they're feminists, because you're too busy thinking, "Whoa! She's hot! How do I approach her?"

Au contraire, Ruth!

In feminist culture, the sexually-charged female predator feels more compelled to approach me than I will to approach her.

The approach is no longer a male prerogative, don't you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty