Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think that's just an example of most guys not knowing what women's' sizes mean or being unable to estimate how much women weigh. There are plenty of men who'd say that a 150-pound woman is fat and disgusting, and yet they may be walking past 150-pound women all day who they think are totally hot. They know a size 0 is small, but they don't have a sense of what that represents.
I agree.

I also have a teen daughter so I can see how small some of these clothes are when we go shopping. Unless you have a very narrow, small frame, there aren't very many women that can wear the smallest sizes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Actually, I don't find her particularly attractive. However, if I saw her walking around in the real world, I'm sure I would. Most people in real life are pretty ugly, Most celebrities, even the *ugly* ones, are pretty attractive.
This. Women are just as guilty of it. I'm on other forums and I read women tearing female celebs apart (rarely do they pick apart or criticize male celebs), calling them fat, ugly and the like. Women like Jessica Biel, Kate Upton, Kim K., etc.. Women who clearly aren't ugly and would turn every head if they walked into a room.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpectederror View Post
When will this absurd fallacy die already? I don't even know where to start.

I've never seen a woman who looked like a little boy. I've never heard a non-pedophilic man express a desire for a woman who looks like a little boy. The implication that gay men choose models who look like little boys for their own sexual tastes is simultaneously out of this world absurd and horrifyingly offense to both gay men and thin women.

It's a straw man perpetuated by women with self esteem issues and men who recognize femininity in only a very narrow range of features. it is one of the dumbest arguments i've heard that is very rarely challenged and we are all dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
lmao!!!!! +1

Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, she's not fat...she's just not short like her sisters.

Even when I was fairly thin, when I was in pictures with my shorter friends I looked like a fat giant. By myself, or with my taller friends I looked perfectly normal. If you put a picture of me with my guy friend who is 6'9 next to a picture of me with two of my girlfriends who are under 5'5, I would look completely different.
I agree, Khloe is a normal sized woman, just taller. The problem really IS that the ideal for women is less body fat, either a lean woman or the typical teenage girl/boy look.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:53 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
This. Women are just as guilty of it. I'm on other forums and I read women tearing female celebs apart (rarely do they pick apart or criticize male celebs), calling them fat, ugly and the like. Women like Jessica Biel, Kate Upton, Kim K., etc.. Women who clearly aren't ugly and would turn every head if they walked into a room.
I honestly find most celebrities so overrated simply because they're celebs. Sometimes the more someone is praised about how beautiful or hot they are the less so they become in my eyes.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:36 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Quote:

They might turn heads just because they are famous. But by all means, not every guy thinks the same. Meaning not all guys are going to think that they are good looking. I know I sure don't think Kim K is attractive. I feel like Trimac, I don't find many celebrities good looking. I'm also very picky in real life anyways. Plus, I don't consider Kim K a celebrity. She's just a girl with a sex tape, a nasaly voice and every irritating quality in the universe. Not to be too harsh. Celebrities just don't do much for me. I have also heard this from many female posters over the years. You usually don't generalize TheImporterswife, I'm surprised you did here.

And by the way, I always wanted to say this to you. Perhaps I'm wrong, and it was just from the pic that you had up a while back (not sure if you still do), but you sorta look like Megan Mullally.

I'm just curious why it is so hard to believe that some of us don't think that Kim K is the least bit attractive? She's far from flawless, and that giant asz is not for everyone. Some actually like their women to have tall, slender, toned, along with perky/cute backsides. Not flabby-wide big butts.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 03-27-2013 at 12:46 PM..

Old 03-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
They might turn heads just because they are famous. But by all means, not every guy thinks the same. Meaning not all guys are going to think that they are good looking. I know I sure don't think Kim K is attractive. I feel like Trimac, I don't find many celebrities good looking. I'm also very picky in real life anyways. Plus, I don't consider Kim K a celebrity. She's just a girl with a sex tape, a nasaly voice and every irritating quality in the universe. Not to be too harsh. Celebrities just don't do much for me. I have also heard this from many female posters over the years. You usually don't generalize TheImporterswife, I'm surprised you did here.

And by the way, I always wanted to say this to you. Perhaps I'm wrong, and it was just from the pic that you had up a while back (not sure if you still do), but you sorta look like Megan Mullally.

I'm just curious why it is so hard to believe that some of us don't think that Kim K is the least bit attractive? She's far from flawless, and that giant asz is not for everyone. Some actually like their women to have tall, slender, toned, along with perky/cute backsides. Not flabby-wide big butts.
You're correct, I shouldn't have stated "every." I should have written "most."

There are men and women who stand out among a group. I may not like what Kim K is famous for (which is absolutely nothing), but I can step back and say she's an attractive woman and when thrown in a group of people, she'd be one of the better looking people there (even if her face is paid for. ) Same goes for someone like Kate Upton or countless other "celebs." We're discussing looks here, not personality. And I'm not stating every guy wants to sleep with these women, but these women didn't become famous for being unattractive.

There are male celebs who I do not find desirable (Jon Hamm, Joe Manganiello), but that doesn't mean I can't be objective about their looks and see that they are handsome men and would be noticed if they entered a crowded room.

By the way, have you ever seen Kim K's backside in person?

And I probably resembled Megan Mugllally because that's who was in my profile.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I agree, Khloe is a normal sized woman, just taller. The problem really IS that the ideal for women is less body fat, either a lean woman or the typical teenage girl/boy look.
I've been in groups of people who were chatting about the Kardashians and going on about how 'huuuuuge' and 'faaaaaaaaat' khloe was...then I have to remind them that I'm 3" taller and probably 50 lbs heavier than she is, so if they would kindly f-off that would be nice

The taller a woman is, the thinner she has to be to compensate for it. It's just the way it is. She's very normal looking for a 5'10 woman and would have to be stick thin to be able to 'compete' with her sisters.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:35 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Quote:
You're correct, I shouldn't have stated "every." I should have written "most."

There are men and women who stand out among a group. I may not like what Kim K is famous for (which is absolutely nothing), but I can step back and say she's an attractive woman and when thrown in a group of people, she'd be one of the better looking people there (even if her face is paid for. ) Same goes for someone like Kate Upton or countless other "celebs." We're discussing looks here, not personality. And I'm not stating every guy wants to sleep with these women, but these women didn't become famous for being unattractive.

There are male celebs who I do not find desirable (Jon Hamm, Joe Manganiello), but that doesn't mean I can't be objective about their looks and see that they are handsome men and would be noticed if they entered a crowded room.

By the way, have you ever seen Kim K's backside in person?

And I probably resembled Megan Mugllally because that's who was in my profile.
I've never seen Kim K's backside in person, but I've seen enough pics to know what it looks like. Have you seen John Hamm in person? I don't think you need to, but you get what I'm saying. It's just not my type. I am more attracted to a "still playing tennis" Anna Kournikova. That type of body is what I am attracted too. All of these big backsides in the media do absolutely nothing for me. I don't get it either, because for about eighty years that was not considered attractive. The more sporty slender look was. Which lucky enough for me is what I like. I realize that the african american as well as hispanic community has always liked that look. Someone pointed that out to me a few weeks ago, and I had to admit that that was true..To each his own in the end. I don't find many celebrities attractive. Never have, probably never will. But like I've said in other threads. I have small features, I am just very attracted to women with small features too. Little wrists, ankles, mouth, nose, etc. I have a Johnny Depp body type but a bit more toned/ built up top. I wrestled for years. But my legs are almost identical. Probably why I am attracted to smaller women.

I did however think that Kim K's face was somewhat attractive about five years ago. But somehow I look back now and I think to myself, "what was I thinking?" Most of us have had people who we thought were decent looking at one point and a few years later were like wtf was I thinking.

Well no wonder I thought that you looked like her. It was her

Old 03-27-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I've never seen Kim K's backside in person, but I've seen enough pics to know what it looks like. Have you seen John Hamm in person? I don't think you need to, but you get what I'm saying. It's just not my type. I am more attracted to a "still playing tennis" Anna Kournikova. That type of body is what I am attracted too. All of these big backsides in the media do absolutely nothing for me. I don't get it either, because for about eighty years that was not considered attractive. The more sporty slender look was. Which lucky enough for me is what I like. I realize that the african american as well as hispanic community has always liked that look. Someone pointed that out to me a few weeks ago, and I had to admit that that was true..To each his own in the end. I don't find many celebrities attractive. Never have, probably never will. But like I've said in other threads. I have small features, I am just very attracted to women with small features too. Little wrists, ankles, mouth, nose, etc. I have a Johnny Depp body type but a bit more toned/ built up top. I wrestled for years. But my legs are almost identical. Probably why I am attracted to smaller women.

I did however think that Kim K's face was somewhat attractive about five years ago. But somehow I look back now and I think to myself, "what was I thinking?" Most of us have had people who we thought were decent looking at one point and a few years later were like wtf was I thinking.

Well no wonder I thought that you looked like her. It was her
I should have posted a photo of Kim K...then you would have known better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty