Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 06:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,568,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
With all due respect JJ, I think your friends are a detriment to you and your self-esteem. I think you should get new ones.
I lump most of the guys I know into the 'friends' category, but a lot of them were coworkers so I didn't really have a choice but to be around them. I've had a lot of male friends from all over and the vast majority of them liked very thin women... Honestly, I think I've had maybe 5 or 6 say they liked 'curvy' women and what they meant by that is super thin women with giant boobs or butts.

My best friend isn't mean to 'heavy' women by any account, he just prefers very small ones. I mean, I'm a giant and he still loves me

Quote:

The photoshopping and theatrical makeup is detrimental to all women. No woman looks that perfect but men find this out as soon as they get with a woman. Most adjust to reality.
Absolutely agreed! I think I read a quote somewhere that was along the lines of 'I wish I looked as good as I do in photos' from a model of some sort. When even societies 'perfect' women aren't good enough, I think we have major problems...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 06:41 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,593,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, 9 times out of 10 JJ references her guy 'friends' and I've thought this same thing too, maybe she needs some new friends...

Ina Garten is a complete and utter Hamptons snob... I don't normally "goof" on people, but while she seems nice and all, she's not... LOL

'Barefoot Contessa' Ina Garten Refuses to Meet 6-Year-Old Cancer Patient | PopEater.com
Ouch. Well, that's compelling evidence against Mrs. Garten. I shall have to reconsider my thoughts on her.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:54 PM

36 posts, read 114,754 times
A lot of magazines and other media tend to adjust the look of models after post shoot. They remove wrinkles and other natural figures or imperfections. A lot of young women don't realize that these pictures are unrealistic even to the models who portray them in the magazines or entertainment media. However, in general woman are often held up to the standards of supermodels or celebrities. It must be harder for women to constantly be reminded about what society as whole generally think what an ideal women is supposed to look like.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:45 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,646,990 times
I have had women point to me and talk about how they are a "real woman" and I am not. That's just jealousy, nothing more. I am not model skinny but I do eat well and get a couple of hours of exercise a day. Women are very mean when they are feeling jealous, that includes fat girl who get nasty because folks like me are thinner. That also includes women my size who lose out a man to a bigger girl so they go on a vicious rampage against fat women. Women are b!otches regardless, now that I think about it. Including me, I am sure. (Even though I don't see it.)

Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,057,351 times
I've never heard of this.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 PM

224 posts, read 355,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Any straight man you ask will tell you that he pays no attention to magazines and likes women with curves.
Men are weird.
They say they like one thing, and then go for the complete opposite. I'm not saying men don't like curves, but men usually have a tendency to say what you wanna hear.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:59 PM

224 posts, read 355,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I've never heard of this.

Good. That means you hang around non egotistical fat women.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 PM

119 posts, read 244,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Why do curvy and overweight women get a monopoly on the "real" women label. What makes a curvy woman a "real" woman, but a thin woman not a real woman? I don't understand it.

Because thin/fit/and healthy curvy women are the real winners so we let them take that title out of pity LOL.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,869,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
Lovely.
It's the truth. I'm not even thin by any means but the women I see bashing thin women are the fatsos, not the slightly overweight. These oinkers think it is fine to be 100 pounds overweight because it means curves. No, it just means flab.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:42 PM

620 posts, read 1,297,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It's the truth. I'm not even thin by any means but the women I see bashing thin women are the fatsos, not the slightly overweight. These oinkers think it is fine to be 100 pounds overweight because it means curves. No, it just means flab.
Super Lovely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty