Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:30 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times

Advertisements

I always feel like the prettiest woman in the room. All it takes is plenty of wine and self-delusion.

Half joking, I certainly have my moments of lowliness, but for the most part I just make myself up nice before I leave the house and then keep that image in my head. Even though my hair is getting frizzy and my face is getting shiny, I only think of how I looked at my best. But then, really, a glass of wine and a witty conversation is all I need to feel like a social butterfly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 03:35 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I always feel like the prettiest woman in the room. All it takes is plenty of wine and self-delusion.

Half joking, I certainly have my moments of lowliness, but for the most part I just make myself up nice before I leave the house and then keep that image in my head. Even though my hair is getting frizzy and my face is getting shiny, I only think of how I looked at my best. But then, really, a glass of wine and a witty conversation is all I need to feel like a social butterfly.
I'm the same way. I don't wear much makeup but I always make sure that I'm not frumpy-looking when I leave the house. I make sure that I look as nice as I can and that instills a certain level of confidence in me.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:13 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,173,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Fake it til you make it. There will always be someone prettier than you. Be fun, confident, interesting, and approachable and looks won't matter so much.
As a woman, I've often found myself very attracted to someone I've gotten to know who might not have physically attracted me at first. There's something about a great personality combined with caring for others and an enthusiasm for life that can change the way someone looks to you. Looks are actually partly subjective, and your perception of them can change. Try developing yourself in other ways and the confidence will come.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM

95 posts, read 198,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsour View Post
I don't see how some women do it. How can you walk around with a lot of confidence and self esteem when you're easily NOT the prettiest woman in the room? And no man is even looking at you? I've seen some women do it but I don't know how they stop from breaking down. It's really hard to remain level headed and optimistic when you realize this. What are some thought patterns that can help from falling apart and getting depressed when the competition looks better than you?
I think you might benefit from cognitive therapy.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:29 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
I don't see how some women do it. How can you walk around with a lot of confidence and self esteem when you're easily NOT the prettiest woman in the room? And no man is even looking at you? I've seen some women do it but I don't know how they stop from breaking down. It's really hard to remain level headed and optimistic when you realize this. What are some thought patterns that can help from falling apart and getting depressed when the competition looks better than you?
As you mature you'll realize that confidence itself is attractive. Plus you'll begin to see other women as more than simply "competition". Being attractive is one thing, defining onesself and others solely on that basis is......sad.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:35 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:

I have no problem doing this because I do NOT grade myself against other humans. I am as I am and I am perfect as I am to those who love me and those are the ones who count to me. I could care less about what others think of me, I am losing no sleep over someone who avoids me because I am brunette, a wee bit on the heavier side, short, etc. etc. etc. They are so shallow and close minded they cannot see the forest for the trees and I really do not want to be associated with anyone who has that sort of mindset anyway.

Besides, I REFUSE to allow someone else to hold the key to my happiness and self worth and if you do "have a breakdown" over something so trivial you need to seek professional help immediately for your lack of self worth issues.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 PM

3 posts, read 8,792 times
Honey, its the glow that steams from the inside that shows. Stick with yourself, get to know who you are. Your beautiful and your self esteem should tell you that you don't know yourself yet. What is your favorite fabric to wear. How do you want your hair to look (in the future). Work on your hair now for results in the future or enhance your beauty if it is critical but wearing false weaves and lots of makeup or costume jewelry will only make you dependent on those things. You will never see the real beautiful you. If your skin isn't very supple or smooth, research a remedy. And allways stay or try to become natural. Nature is GOD's gift to us.

If you look in the mirror and see your reflection, try to find women who look like yourself that you look up to or admire. They will help you develop your style and give you an idea of where to go. Never look to another woman and feel intimidated. Remember, we are ALL beautiful and made entirely unique. How can a woman be prettier than you when she looks nothing like you?

Think about it dear.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Fake it til you make it. There will always be someone prettier than you. Be fun, confident, interesting, and approachable and looks won't matter so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This, and also your confidence and self-worth shouldn't entirely come from whether men are looking at you or not. No one is universally attractive, so you just work with what you've got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree, it's all about confidence. I almost never feel like the pretties woman in the room but I never let that get to me. I know that I have a great personality to offer and that looking the most stunning isn't always guaranteed to attract people to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
What has confidence and self esteem got to do with being the prettiest woman in the room? What has confidence and self esteem got to do with whether other people look at you or not? What competition is this?

What has confidence and self esteem got to do with looks at all? They aren't related and never should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I REFUSE to allow someone else to hold the key to my happiness and self worth.
+1000 to all of the posts above.

If you think you are "amazing just the way you are" it shows. Work on finding yourself amazing, and the rest follows.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 PM

16 posts, read 22,387 times
Nyanna why do you want implants? Your screenname is summersunshine2016.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
I'm never the prettiest woman in the room...but 99% of the time I AM the tallest And that gets me attention whether I want it or not.

Just stop caring what other people think...in the long run, they're not important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty