Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,415,487 times

Advertisements

Take the pictures again, but smile without makeup and frown with it.

It seems like every pair of pictures needs to be done so there are other reasons to dislike the woman without makeup. Expression, lighting, her hair's a mess--never a fair comparison. Can it be because people are afraid the whole concept is bogus?

Oh, of course no woman would smile without her makeup on, because she'd be feeling so humiliated. Right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 10:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post

It seems like every pair of pictures needs to be done so there are other reasons to dislike the woman without makeup. Expression, lighting, her hair's a mess--never a fair comparison. Can it be because people are afraid the whole concept is bogus?

Oh, of course no woman would smile without her makeup on, because she'd be feeling so humiliated. Right.
Look past the expression. That's why I said, look at the sallowness of the skin tone, the lack of eyelashes which define the eyes, the lack of color in the lips. Sorry - I don't have identical photos, one of me smiling with no makeup, and one of me smiling with makeup, in the same lighting.

I do, however, have this photo of me smiling, with no makeup:

Hope that helps.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 PM

Well, that proves it - I'm not insecure - with or without makeup on.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:48 PM

95 posts, read 198,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post

I agree with you 100%

and even with that silly frown and messy hair I don't see think she looks THAT different I actually think she looks better without makeup.

I live in one of the most superficial cities in the USA and I am not afraid to go out without makeup. I actually feel better without makeup because I don't have to worry about the makeup wearing off and looking like a novice clown

Old 04-05-2013, 10:51 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, that proves it - I'm not insecure - with or without makeup on.
Yes, it does...
( It was a cool pic kinda... )

Old 04-05-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Pulcino Pio View Post
I agree with you 100%

and even with that silly frown and messy hair I don't see think she looks THAT different I actually think she looks better without makeup.

I live in one of the most superficial cities in the USA and I am not afraid to go out without makeup. I actually feel better without makeup because I don't have to worry about the makeup wearing off and looking like a novice clown
Good lord! I can save so much time and money knowing this!

Not. I prefer to look a bit more polished and well groomed. But hey, that's just me!

By the way, my goal with my light makeup regimen is NOT to "look THAT different" than I do without makeup. I just want to even out my skin tone, give my skin a little glow and moisture, and give a little definition to my eyes and lips. I don't want to look like a different person - I just want to look a bit more "put together."

Different bites for different likes I guess. Heck, I don't even go to WalMart at 2 am without putting on a dash of lipgloss on my lips and a smattering of powder across my nose and forehead.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
All I know is that everytime I go out with my natural face,no one gives me any attention.
With makeup,I do get some attention.
Men say they like natural online,but real life is a different story.

What about us poor gals who aren't naturally beautiful?
What are we supposed to do,rot away while everyone else passes us by?
It might be your attitude, not your makeup.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes, it does...
( It was a cool pic kinda... )

It's a really good Italian mud masque by Borghese. It makes your skin feel FANTASTIC and so nourished and well hydrated afterwards! But it's pretty messy and scary for the first thirty minutes.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Good lord! I can save so much time and money knowing this!

Not. I prefer to look a bit more polished and well groomed. But hey, that's just me!
Well it's not REALLY you, you were not born with makeup but whatever floats your boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty