Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 08:10 AM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times

Advertisements

My friend uses her purse hangers everywhere,especially in restaurants,she says it keeps the purse clean.So instead of holding your purse,putting it on the next chair,putting it on the floor,she hangs it.
How many of you do that? Have you heard of this before? How popular is it in your area? Would you use them? Obviously someone is using them,there are 500,000 subjects on Google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 09:12 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
...if your purse is super heavy (like mine, haha) how does the clip stay strong enough to be on the table? do you drill it in when you sit down?

Old 10-29-2007, 09:38 AM

Her purse is super heavy too.If you see the picture,you will see it hooks on to the table top

Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 AM

They're very pretty, Izzy! I'll bet to make things easier, they fit in your purse too!

I have a large leather bag, with a gold plaque on the front with my name on it, I bought it overseas when I lived in Budapest, a bag like that in the states wouldn't be seen for less than $200 or so, especiall with a name engraving on the front of it... but it is large, I'm not sure one of those hooks would do it justice. Something to look into if I go back to teeny tiny purses though!

I never saw much sense in the ones that are so small you can't even fit a brush into, but ohh, they have some super cute ones out lately with so many super cute little pockets. I have to yell at myself and pinch myself to KEEP WALKING past when I see them at the stores.... just so I don't buy one.

Ah, one of these days I will give in, and get one, and try out a lil hook. Where do you get them? I've never seen the hooks in stores.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
They're very pretty, Izzy! I'll bet to make things easier, they fit in your purse too!

I have a large leather bag, with a gold plaque on the front with my name on it, I bought it overseas when I lived in Budapest, a bag like that in the states wouldn't be seen for less than $200 or so, especiall with a name engraving on the front of it... but it is large, I'm not sure one of those hooks would do it justice. Something to look into if I go back to teeny tiny purses though!

I never saw much sense in the ones that are so small you can't even fit a brush into, but ohh, they have some super cute ones out lately with so many super cute little pockets. I have to yell at myself and pinch myself to KEEP WALKING past when I see them at the stores.... just so I don't buy one.

Ah, one of these days I will give in, and get one, and try out a lil hook. Where do you get them? I've never seen the hooks in stores.
Someone gave my friend that.
I checked in Google about purse hangers, 500,000 came out!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:19 PM

324 posts, read 883,600 times
My mom has one that she uses, but I personally think they are a little tacky. I guess they're okay for casual restaurants, but definitely not for nicer ones.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
My mom has one that she uses, but I personally think they are a little tacky. I guess they're okay for casual restaurants, but definitely not for nicer ones.
You mean like a real formal restaurant? maybe you are right,but,i don't know how often we eat at formal restaurants. I should ask around

Old 10-30-2007, 03:50 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Interesting. Someone is making a few $ with this invention.
At times, it is rather awkward, dealing with a purse at a restaurant.
I am well past the days of having a large bulky handbag to encompass all my kids' stuff, but still my purse can be heavy--almost more like a lethal weapon than a handbag. Those little things really hold up heavy purses?

Old 10-30-2007, 08:31 AM

Yes... do they pass the "sadlebag" test? Lol @ the comment about a lethal weapon. Mine could knock the stars into some people's heavens if they try anything with me!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:38 AM

Yes! those thingy reall hold.My friend has a big purse with lotsa stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty