Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 05:48 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,742,991 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at swimwear online and keep coming across these:

Esther Williams Bathing Beauty One Piece in Blue Velvet - Plus Size | Mod Retro Vintage Bathing Suits | ModCloth.com

Vintage Inspired Swimsuit 50's Style Pink Velvet One Piece Swimsuit - Unique Vintage - Prom dresses, retro dresses, retro swimsuits.

Are they meant to actually hold up to chlorine and swimming or are they just for "hanging out" by the pool? And wouldn't they be hot?

I admit I kinda like the look but I am wondering if they'd be practical at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 05:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Judging from the reviews, they look like 'lounging' swimsuits.

Try these:

Swimwear | Pinup Girl Clothing

I'm ordering the Bettie...not sure which pattern/color I want it in though...

Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Judging from the reviews, they look like 'lounging' swimsuits.

Try these:

Swimwear | Pinup Girl Clothing

I'm ordering the Bettie...not sure which pattern/color I want it in though...
Oh the "Hello Sailor" is pretty amazing! Love that! I like the blue polka dot as well.

Bettie "Hello Sailor" Swimsuit | Pinup Girl Clothing

I once had a perfect, "new old stock" vintage swimsuit and it fit me like a dream, but I sold it on eBay. Very much like the Marilyn suit on the pinupgirlclothing site, in black, with a zipper and the greatest fabric that would hold in ANY flaws.

Walmart has a cheap retro-style suit for $34 and I am tempted. I imagine quality is meh but then again I don't know how much use I will get out of it, depends on if we move to an apartment complex with a pool or not. Otherwise it will mainly be for river swimming.

Catalina USED to be a safe bet but IDK anymore..

Shop for Catalina Swimwear for Women for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
Oh the "Hello Sailor" is pretty amazing! Love that! I like the blue polka dot as well.

Bettie "Hello Sailor" Swimsuit | Pinup Girl Clothing

I once had a perfect, "new old stock" vintage swimsuit and it fit me like a dream, but I sold it on eBay. Very much like the Marilyn suit on the pinupgirlclothing site, in black, with a zipper and the greatest fabric that would hold in ANY flaws.

Walmart has a cheap retro-style suit for $34 and I am tempted. I imagine quality is meh but then again I don't know how much use I will get out of it, depends on if we move to an apartment complex with a pool or not. Otherwise it will mainly be for river swimming.

Catalina USED to be a safe bet but IDK anymore..

Shop for Catalina Swimwear for Women for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.
Wow, that Catalina has amazing reviews! Since it's so cheap I may have to order one just to try it out...though swimsuits can be difficult because I'm so tall. They're just never long enough

Old 04-13-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Wow, that Catalina has amazing reviews! Since it's so cheap I may have to order one just to try it out...though swimsuits can be difficult because I'm so tall. They're just never long enough
Yeah I hear you, I am not particularly tall (5'8") but I have a long waist and usually go with a tankini for that reason, but I'm never that thrilled with tankini bottom options.

I am thinking of that Catalina one with the anchors though. Too cute! I have a thing for nautical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty