Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:46 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times

Advertisements

With the holiday season right around the corner, we see many stores already stocking for Xmas. And what more of a 'last minute' gift, or gift youre not sure to get for a lady than....you guessed it, one of those boxed cosmetic sets with something like 10 tubes of lipstick, 50 shades of eye shadow, eyeliner pencils, you get the point?
But, reality is, do you ever really look at whats in those package deals? Of all 50 shades of eye shadow, theres really only two shades that you would wear? Or of all those tubes of lipstick, you'd only wear one shade? Why do they even make yellow, pale lavender or canary green for the eyes? Do people REALLY wear melon or almost-white lipsticks? What a scam, a real money maker, those packages can be, I guess. You think youre getting a deal with such a wide variety of choices, but technically, youre not really getting much because you only use about 4 things out of the 100, they come with.
I just had to bring that up, maybe out of boredom this morning...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 06:52 AM

428 posts, read 2,440,060 times
I wonder where it's made and what's in it.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:59 AM

I dont know but can tell you that from experience (someone once gave me one of those), that cheap lipstick all flakes, and tastes like soap, and the mascara clumps and smudges big time!

Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
.... theres really only two shades that you would wear? Or of all those tubes of lipstick, you'd only wear one shade? Why do they even make yellow, pale lavender or canary green for the eyes? Do people REALLY wear melon or almost-white lipsticks? ...

Okay, I know I'm gonna get in trouble for showing up in the "make-up" section, maybe they want you to wear rainbow colors..

And no I don't wear make-up, nor will you ever catch me wearing it! Hee hee heee.. I just showed up here to give Power Surge a hard time..

Pssst.. I still love ya baby

Old 10-30-2007, 07:42 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Those kits are of horrible quality.

I like to buy the MAC palattes every year. They usually have 4 different eyeshadow ones, lipstick ones, etc.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:29 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,836 times
I skip the cosmetics bundle's.. (cause you're right, they're a rip off!) and go more for the Swiss Miss Collectable Packages.. they come with a collector's mug, a few variety gourmet flavors, and comfy stuff like that.

Edited to include : PS, Magnum, get outta the make-up chat! LOL

Old 10-30-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
I skip the cosmetics bundle's.. (cause you're right, they're a rip off!) and go more for the Swiss Miss Collectable Packages.. they come with a collector's mug, a few variety gourmet flavors, and comfy stuff like that.

Edited to include : PS, Magnum, get outta the make-up chat! LOL

I gave you points, Fiddle!!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:07 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,420,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
With the holiday season right around the corner, we see many stores already stocking for Xmas. And what more of a 'last minute' gift, or gift youre not sure to get for a lady than....you guessed it, one of those boxed cosmetic sets with something like 10 tubes of lipstick, 50 shades of eye shadow, eyeliner pencils, you get the point?
But, reality is, do you ever really look at whats in those package deals? Of all 50 shades of eye shadow, theres really only two shades that you would wear? Or of all those tubes of lipstick, you'd only wear one shade? Why do they even make yellow, pale lavender or canary green for the eyes? Do people REALLY wear melon or almost-white lipsticks? What a scam, a real money maker, those packages can be, I guess. You think youre getting a deal with such a wide variety of choices, but technically, youre not really getting much because you only use about 4 things out of the 100, they come with.
I like to get the Estee Lauder set at Christmas. Sure, I won't use that many products out of it, but it sure is fun playing in all of it! The only downside is that you have to purchase fragrance...everyone here is allergic, so the fragrance is given away. Voila! Another gift taken care of!

Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 PM

6 posts, read 48,916 times
stila has nice small little palletes, and i wear all of it. also, mark (from avon) has a nice little 2 eyeshadow, 1 blush, 4 lipgloss little flippy compact. i bought the paris shades, very neutral and wearable and it was only $18

Old 11-02-2007, 06:41 AM

I like the NYC (generic) eyecolour palettes. They only come with 2 or 4 colours and usually, I can utilize all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty