Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:34 PM

4 posts, read 4,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeltoss View Post
Hi, I am trying to purchase a pair of dress shoes for a job interview and unfortunately I am looking for something in the $60-$100 dollar price range.

I purchased a black pair of the Capi from Clarks Bostonian, but I did not like the fact that the rubber soles squeaked when I walked in the shoes. What are similar brands to Bostonian that are ideal for a job interview? The styles I am interested in are cap toes, oxford and slip-on.

Thanks
If this is going to be an interview I would just go to payless. You can find a lot of nice buys and look more expensive than it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 02:46 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeltoss View Post
Hi, I am trying to purchase a pair of dress shoes for a job interview and unfortunately I am looking for something in the $60-$100 dollar price range.

I purchased a black pair of the Capi from Clarks Bostonian, but I did not like the fact that the rubber soles squeaked when I walked in the shoes. What are similar brands to Bostonian that are ideal for a job interview? The styles I am interested in are cap toes, oxford and slip-on.
I highly recommend Born shoes. Dillards has a decent selection.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:16 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Whatever brand you chose stay away from square tip dress shoes, thank God they are finally starting to go out of fashion.
I agree. I always thought square tip shoes were horrendous and such poor taste. I never purchased a pair, since I wasn't interested in looking like a modern day Pilgrim. Ugly shows.

I prefer Allen Edmonds and Cole-Haan.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Florsheim and Rockport where already mentioned but I'd like to add Ecco as well. I'm just getting into the whole shoe thing and finding that $100-150 is the lower end of the scale for quality shoes. If you spend the money and get some real quality shoes they will last a lifetime with proper care. So in the long run they are less then Payless specials that you have to buy a couple of times a year.
After much frustration about spending the money I just purchased a pair of White's semi dress boots second hand and still $200. If I really like them I will order a pair of customs.

I also fell in love with these :
Helsinki Bike Toe Tie | Mens Dress Shoes | ECCO USA

Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Those are the type of dress shoes that I detest. Square tipped and rubber soled.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:04 PM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Those are the type of dress shoes that I detest. Square tipped and rubber soled.
The color of the leather sells me on the Ecco's. Square tip doesn't bother me. As far as soles, I prefer a thick bulky sole although the dress boots I just bought have a leather sole. If I don't like it I'll probably send them in and have them changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty