Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are yoga shorts skanky or acceptable for Summer 2013?
Trashy- they look like underwear! I would never wear those 16 32.65%
Not Trashy. They are acceptable- but strictly for gym and jogging 17 34.69%
Doable- these do not look skanky and can be worn at the gym and and after the gym running errands or lunch. 13 26.53%
I would wear them if I had the body but since I don't I will assume all women that wear them are skanks. 3 6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
First off, most of the dissenters here aren't saying they don't like them. Just that they don't like them for street wear. As for not having the body being the reason for not liking them, maybe it's just that they have more class than a$$.
The amount of @ss you have determines how much class you are perceived to have when wearing yoga pants as street wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 593 times
hey, yoga shorts are so nice. I sure you looking so sexy in those shorts. I looked yoga shorts on that link which you given below. I really like running pants, tank top for women, gym clothes. They look pretty.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:06 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,625,470 times
As active wear 100% yes, but as normal "street" clothes, no.

Too little to be in good taste, IMO.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:51 AM

706 posts, read 1,179,574 times
I think yoga shorts are fine and cute IF the person wearing them has the figure to pull them off. If you don't and have lots of cellulite, opt for something more modest.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:25 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,285 times
Yoga shorts, yoga pants... to me, it's always the same. They are great for yoga and the gym. Whether you have the body or not, I think they are better for the gym, yoga, and around the house. If you pop into the drugstore real quick on the way home, big deal. But out to lunch and hours of shopping, a doctor appointment, etc - meh, no. I don't care if you have the figure or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
First off, most of the dissenters here aren't saying they don't like them. Just that they don't like them for street wear. As for not having the body being the reason for not liking them, maybe it's just that they have more class than a$$.
Exactly. I think posters like that one (the one you responded to) say that because they want to "get back" at the people who don't like their look. I'm very small myself, but I just don't like the gym look for public. It may just be personal, because where I used to live the only women who wore yoga attire where the lazy ones, and most were overweight. Also, I worked in a professional office environment and this lazy, overweight woman used to wear yoga pants and try to disguise it as dress pants. I don't know how she got away with it. I've just never met anyone who wore yoga attire who used it for working out or who really belonged in it. I guess it's just got a bad reputation at times.

As for having the body for it - does that mean if you have the body for it, a g-string and pasties are appropriate? I mean hey, but that mentality, it is. As long as you have the body, then it IS appropriate for an outing with the family at the zoo, and if you say it is not, you are just jealous cause you don't have the body for it

I say if you like them? Then go for it! Who cares what others think, really. I don't wear sweats or yoga stuff outside of the gym, yoga class, unless it's a real quick pop-in errand. No, I am not overweight. But, I just like a different look for when I'm going out, and going to be in public for a long amount of time. If I'm going on a dinner date, movies, etc I don't want to wear sweats or yoga attire. Yes, I think it's a bit lazy looking, but so what. If you want to, it's a free country, go for it.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:41 AM

686 posts, read 1,230,756 times
Nothing at all wrong with the yoga shorts. I see women all the time at all hours of the day in them. They look especially cool with the compression socks that are popular now. I see women wearing them while out running, at the mall, Starbucks, etc. There is nothing wrong with them if you can pull of the look. They are pretty much standard wear here in L.A. because the weather is nice and people lead pretty active lifestyles.

My wife wears the yoga shorts and yoga pants most days when she is off work. Says they are super comfortable. It helps that she is very proud of her body and knows she looks fantastic in them. Also, she does a lot of yoga and dance so its good to be in the "uniform" so to speak. Because sometimes she just likes to work on a certain pose/position when out and about. Its fun.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:34 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,221,970 times
They are nothing but another variation of daisy duke shorts or hot pants from the 70's

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XvCWC3JCsl...daisy_duke.jpg

1970's hot pants
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...4daf90f209.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty