Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:29 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,874,414 times

Advertisements

My sister never had a single pimple until age 35 then her face started to break out really bad. Turned out she had developed a wheat allergy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 05:13 PM

240 posts, read 422,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
I really liked AcneFree All-Day Acne Control. It's a leave-on foam. 5% benzoyl peroxide. I think it's been discontinued though. Amazon.com: AcneFree All-Day Acne Control Foam: Health & Personal Care

I like PanOxyl products too. Benzoyl peroxide is their active ingredient also. I've used their 10% Acne Foaming Wash. They used to make a 5% bar that I liked but I think they discontinued that. Acne Treatment and Management Products | PanOxyl

I used to use Proactiv. The face wash didn't get my skin clean, so I went through a lot of cotton balls getting dirt off of my skin with the toner. The lotion sort of sat on top of my skin and didn't absorb. I hope you have better luck with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deasiajohnathan View Post
It really all depends on the user. I know many people that swear by it, and then others that searched for years and tried proactive, but it didnt work. http://antiskinproblems.com/truth-about-proactive-reviews/

I've used a plethora of acne products over the years.

I used Proactive a few years ago but the cleanser seemed to leave a residue on my face and made my skin feel like it wasn't clean, so I stopped using it.

I had been using Neutrogena for a while but was still experiencing breakouts so I stopped using that also.

After watching the infomercial for Proactive Plus which is supposed to be an improved formula, I ordered it and have been using it for a little over a month. This time my face feels clean after using the cleanser and I can see a difference in my skin. My skin has improved in just a few weeks but I wont declare it a success until after a few more months of improved/clear skin. So far so good though. This formula is definitely better than the old one.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:11 AM

559 posts, read 1,394,400 times
Good to know that Proactiv Plus is an improvement. I'll keep that in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty