Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times

Advertisements

It all depends.
I get reactions both ways.

If I dress sexy,people wonder why I came to shop for groceries..
If I dress sloppy,people wonder why I just looked like hell
If I dress classy and professional,people wonder why I'm at a cheap supermarket.
When I go in my nursing uniforms,people treat me as if I'm dirty.

Dressing in a mini skirt or summer dress isn't dressed nicely btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 07:47 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal buttons View Post
what should a woman wear to the super market if its 90 degrees outside?

As little as possible

Seriously,wear what you want,I wouldn't worry what anyone else thinks. I'd much rather see someone dressed in a sexy mini skirt or a summer dress than all the pajama people around here.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:30 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Some woman walking with her husband was saying that "all dressed up even to go to grocery store" when I walked by them with my summer dress about a month ago.

Sounds like the poor woman has fallen prey to the "crabs in a barrel syndrome" I wonder if her husband was thinking to himself, "I'm stuck with this catty b**tch that never does anything with herself, and picking apart other women she sees." Her interests would be better served, keeping her remarks to herself and attempting to find out what she can do to look attractive for her husband. He is probably terrified to express any he has preference in the area to her face, for fear of being jumped on and pecked to death.

Personally, I like to leave the house looking stunning (appropriate to the destination, of course) I don't care what other women think about this. Lazy slobs will try to have you stoned for raising the bar on women making more of an effort to be attractive. Never feel funny about pursuing excellence with your appearance. When you look good, you feel better about life and yourself in general. If everyone did, this world would change for the better.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:30 PM

402 posts, read 1,406,393 times
Red face It's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Time View Post
. . . you describe your mini skirts as "sexy", your feelings as "insecure", and your look as "desperate" . . .

I guess it's all good as long as you don't end up on People of Walmart.
jk

Last edited by Justin Time; 04-27-2013 at 08:39 PM..

Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
I tend to not pay attention. Unless there is stuff hanging out that shouldn't be hanging out, I don't notice. I wear whatever I have on at the time, so sometimes I am dressed up after work. Other times I am in shorts or whatever, but I am covered. I would hope that people wouldn't read anything into my clothes other than it is just what I had on when I decided to shop. I will give them that same consideration.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:36 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,436,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post

Personally, I like to leave the house looking stunning (appropriate to the destination, of course) I don't care what other women think about this. Lazy slobs will try to have you stoned for raising the bar on women making more of an effort to be attractive. Never feel funny about pursuing excellence with your appearance. When you look good, you feel better about life and yourself in general. If everyone did, this world would change for the better.
This! Nice post.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-28-2013, 05:17 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
If I dress sexy,people wonder why I came to shop for groceries..
If I dress sloppy,people wonder why I just looked like hell
If I dress classy and professional,people wonder why I'm at a cheap supermarket.
When I go in my nursing uniforms,people treat me as if I'm dirty.
I think you've hit on the real problem here: Women just can't win, and people can't mind their own damn business.

Quote:
Lazy slobs will try to have you stoned for raising the bar on women making more of an effort to be attractive.
The more accurate description of people who can't mind their own damn business would be "nosy know-it-alls."

Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Screw 'em.

Someone famous once said "If people aren't saying bad things about you behind your back that means you aren't doing enough".

I take mean looks and stank eyes as compliments.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:34 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Time View Post
I guess it's all good as long as you don't end up on People of Walmart.
jk

OH forbid, I saw the pics via a link on another thread.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:55 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Some woman walking with her husband was saying that "all dressed up even to go to grocery store" when I walked by them with my summer dress about a month ago.

Sounds like the poor woman has fallen prey to the "crabs in a barrel syndrome" I wonder if her husband was thinking to himself, "I'm stuck with this catty b**tch that never does anything with herself, and picking apart other women she sees." Her interests would be better served, keeping her remarks to herself and attempting to find out what she can do to look attractive for her husband. He is probably terrified to express any he has preference in the area to her face, for fear of being jumped on and pecked to death.

I could not state it any better, my wife agrees as well and feels the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty