Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times

Advertisements

It's just a taste thing. Like women, some men are more attracted to what they deem "exotic" beauty, and others like the average girl next door thing.

I also don't get the Gwyneth Paltrow "Most Beautiful Woman" thing. She's pretty, but if she weren't a celebrity and you passed her walking down the street in business casual with a Starbucks in hand, most people would think, "Yeah, she's attractive...like a lot of other women," and move on. It's kind of just the generic slender blonde look. She gets a lot of mileage out of being tall and blonde, I think. If she looked completely the same but were 5'4" and her hair were a shade more toward mousy brown, People Magazine would not be naming her "Most Beautiful." She would be seen as average but not stunning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
I've seen women tear down really attractive women the minute the guy or guys in a group say she's attractive.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,395,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I've seen women tear down really attractive women the minute the guy or guys in a group say she's attractive.
Several coworkers and I, a mixed gender group, went to a Buffalo Wild Wing type place for lunch one day. One of our single male coworkers said the waitress was cute and one of the female coworkers, a very pretty 40ish lady, just went off on all of them. Something to the effect of "they're all cute if you like slutty women who stay out drinking all night then role out of bed and come to work without bathing or washing their hair." They were just typical 20 some year old waitresses, like most any restaurant. We all just sat there kinda shocked.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LMAO. I never heard of Amanda Seyfried so I just looked her up. High five your friend for me.
High five because you think someone's ugly? That's...weird. And kind of mean.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:51 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
You must hangout with insecure women. I know all of the women I hangout will always check other women (and men) out and will say things like, "Wow. She's hot." And since we hangout with dudes a lot, we can all talk about that stuff pretty freely. Actually my husband thinks it's funny that I'm always checking women out and he's not.

I think GP is cute but not gorgeous. I forgot to quote it on the other page but Jade said, "I think she is very "typical" looking. A sort of generic preppy Upper East Side or Connecticut blond." I find that to be a pretty accurate description. Of course, this is just me opining away but I think Catherine Zeta-Jones, Halle Berry and Charlize Theron are beautiful. I think Megan Fox and Kate Upton are also gorgeous but they have more of a sexy vibe to them.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:52 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
not really. its just kind of surprising how the media says amanda seyfried is one of the sexiest most beautiful etc women in the world yet every guy ik says shes ugly. now mila kunis kate upton no ones arguing that.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
not really. its just kind of surprising how the media says amanda seyfried is one of the sexiest most beautiful etc women in the world yet every guy ik says shes ugly. now mila kunis kate upton no ones arguing that.
Clearly none of those women are ugly. They may not be everyone's personal cup of tea, but I think it's childish to jump into a circlejerk because someone shares your opinion.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
Have not read all these posts, but I thought I might add one thing to think about.

I can look at a "beautiful" woman and see the amount of make -up that it took to get her to that point. I estimate the time it took in front of the mirror, and I have to wonder if there is a brain behind that face.

If she is a natural beauty, with good natural coloring, eyelashes, etc, with a little make-up, she's more beautiful that some of the ones that are on parade most of the time.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:13 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
Mila Kunis....toothpick central. Ill pass.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:25 PM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
No. High-fiving because he said she looked like a bug-eyed alien. I did a Google Image search see what she looked like and then I laughed at his description. I don't think she's ugly. I just got a kick out of what he said once I saw her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty