Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 01:12 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,519,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
Now she is attractive to me. How she acts and her mannerisms I also like.

I've also wondered this. I've known several women who would say such things that your saying "I will go gay" or "I like her boobs" about some woman. A guy doesn't even think these things. I don't care if a guy has big muscles or a trim body I'm not thinking " I will go gay for him" or "I really like that guys body".
Its because girls beeing touchy between eachother is more socially accepted that men doing the same thing. Maybe the same amount of men think "what a HOT dude" when they see, i dont know, Fabrizio Moretti (drools) but wont say it cause its not as socially accepted?? Im just guessing here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 10:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,504,600 times
I disagree that women can't stand it when other women are said to be attractive and I think this thread disproves this silly theory.

That said, I do think there is a difference in how man and women see others as attractive. When I see a woman with beautiful, porcelain skin - I think that is so pretty. If she dresses in a classy and graceful manner - same. My men friends are yawning.

My men friends seem to prefer tanned and more, hmmm, let's say 'well defined' women.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:10 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,056 times
when reading some of these posts of people listing which female celebrities are gorgous or sexy you can almost certainly tell if the poster is male or female

Old 05-04-2013, 12:02 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,872,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I disagree that women can't stand it when other women are said to be attractive and I think this thread disproves this silly theory.

That said, I do think there is a difference in how man and women see others as attractive. When I see a woman with beautiful, porcelain skin - I think that is so pretty. If she dresses in a classy and graceful manner - same. My men friends are yawning.

My men friends seem to prefer tanned and more, hmmm, let's say 'well defined' women.
Count me in the boat of males who prefers porcelain, classy, graceful, and well-dressed (part of the classy and graceful category but that would also include comportment).

Zoeey lacks in the classy and graceful department. She is "one of the guys" and not very feminine in my view.

Kim K also strikes me as acting and dressing for what males want, very masculine, very sexy, but not sensual or genuine, just an act to please what she thinks males want.

Many guys find them appealing, they want the fantasy girl to watch sports and drink beer with them. I prefer to skip those activities, let us watch an independent or foreign film instead.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:25 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,225,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

This. A lot of guys tend to think that classy and elegant = boring and uptight. They prefer the straight-up sexy, down-to-earth, Daisy-Duke-washing-the-car kinda look...

Old 05-04-2013, 02:29 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,225,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow;29408012
I've always got a celebrity crush in one way or another based on whatever show I am "into" at the moment. Right now I think that Jessica Brown Findlay (Sybil from Downton Abbey) is the cat's pajamas:

[URL
https://www.google.com/search?q=jessica+brown+findlay&newwindow=1&client= firefox-a&hs=PH2&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=pg2EUfrxG 8S00QGNl4HIDw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=923[/url]

For me, that's it in a nutshell and why I don't usually think much of models, because for a person to be beautiful/attractive to me I have to hear them speak, watch them move, get a sense of who they are if possible. Even if they are just playing a character, there has to be dimension.
Jessica Brown Findlay is gorgeous!

All the other women you posted look kind of plain and average to me (well, average for show biz, to be fair).

I've heard people say that they need to see the person 'in action' to find them attractive and I never got that, I can judge objectively whether or not someone is attractive on a photograph, 'carrying yourself' is a whole different aspect and is not really related to physical appearance at all...

Old 05-04-2013, 03:53 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,598,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
This. A lot of guys tend to think that classy and elegant = boring and uptight. They prefer the straight-up sexy, down-to-earth, Daisy-Duke-washing-the-car kinda look...
There's a way to be classy and elegant and be really sexy, and there's a way to seem like a boring prude.

Nigella Lawson is my epitome of the former. She's got it all; voluptuous figure, sexy voice, and she not only enjoys cooking but is very good at it.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:01 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,872,443 times
Nigella is more earthy and passionate than classy and elegant.

Nothing wrong with earthy and passionate.

Classy and elegant by definition is not aiming for sexy but subduing it.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:40 PM

4,194 posts, read 4,445,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Dinah Shore was white.
Mea Culpa. Thank you for correction - rumors passed down.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:21 PM

4,194 posts, read 4,445,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyaddiction View Post
Why does Halle Berry's name keep getting mentioned? Are other women of color (full black women) not on your radar?
Hollywood doesn't seem to present many (full black women) at least in the few programs I've watched with any regularity. Aunjenue L Ellis from The Mentalist is a beautiful darker skinned woman who comes to mind. I don't know how you would qualify someone as 'full black'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty