Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 03:57 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times

Advertisements

I have done what I thought was exhaustive research in trying to find the "right" surgeon; however, maybe someone on this forum can offer some recommendations.

I live in south Florida. Can anyone recommend a plastic surgeon specializing in facelifts?

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 05:54 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
I have done what I thought was exhaustive research in trying to find the "right" surgeon; however, maybe someone on this forum can offer some recommendations.

I live in south Florida. Can anyone recommend a plastic surgeon specializing in facelifts?

Thank you!!
Huh....you are asking for the near impossible....and let me tell you why.
I had a plastic surgery procedure done as well, and it took me nearly 2 years until I had found the right surgeon, with excellent credentials to be comfortable with.
I had tons of "recommendations", but, that alone doesn't count.
If I got one, I did a "background check" with the medical board, and on top of that, I had to "like" the doc.
Until all of those came together as one, it really took me nearly 2 years! (And, I really didn't want to wait THAT long!)
I found it very helpful though, to "see" the doc's work firsthand, and in person. (Before and after pic's at the office look pretty impressive at times....BUT.....don't really "tell" you anything!!)
I would definitely take my time, checking EVERYTHING! (Especially here in FL, where there are more crooks and hoaxsters then you can shake a stick at.)
Better safe then sorry for the rest of your life!
The state medical board is a good place to get recommendations, and to get background checks of plastic surgeons.
Make sure he's certified by the board of plastic surgeons, licensed here in FL, and how long he's been doing it, and if there are any lawsuits against him in any way.
Next, plenty of consultations.......(which they don't charge for).
I went for 3 consultations (with the same doctor, which did my procedure...to make absolutely sure that there were no surprises, and we were "on the same page")
Turned out very, very well....and I don't regret a thing, and it was my time (and money...lol) well spend.
Be very critical!
Good luck!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 AM

Thank you!! You sound like me because I am now in my 5th year performing the same research as you, background checks, consultations, etc.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:15 AM
MB2

Quote:
Thank you!! You sound like me because I am now in my 5th year performing the same research as you, background checks, consultations, etc.
Check your mail, because I pm'ed you the necessary info on 2 doc's I can vouch for!
And, yes, it "only" took me 2 years....but let me tell you, I am so well informed now, because of all the good, bad and ugly research I have done on it.
I know exactly now, what to look for...and what to run away from...lol.
Good luck, and keep me posted!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:13 PM

Thank you for all your help. I will check out the doctors you mentioned. While I live about two hours south I am willing to travel to find the right surgeon. I will stay in touch.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 AM
MB2

Quote:
Thank you for all your help. I will check out the doctors you mentioned. While I live about two hours south I am willing to travel to find the right surgeon. I will stay in touch.
I sure hope so.
Good luck....and pm me anytime for more info.
It's about time you will come here to enjoy what Stuart/ Martin County has to offer......lol. (It's NOT a big city by any means, so you should be able to find your way around here in no time...lol.)

Old 11-05-2007, 10:02 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
If you want a physician's viewpoint (i.e. me). My best advice will be to ask other doctors, who they would recommend their spouses go to. There are some doctors that have a notorious reputation for being bad surgeons and have plenty of clients because of "other" qualities. I would ask other dermatologists, otolaryngologists, etc. etc. and have a good discussion about which plastic surgeon they recommend.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:01 PM

168 posts, read 1,212,189 times
I totally agree with evilnewbie. Those who do the best job may not be the most personable so you might not pick them on your own. Physicians know who is good and who is not. Also I would ask other drs who they would use as an anesthesiologist and try to get that person. This is a REALLY important person in your surgery and they are not all good...again, the drs in a hospital will know who they would trust their wives' lives with and with whom they would not.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I am from another state and did a couple years of research on plastic surgery and surgeons. I went to over 8 interviews/consultations. Most of the plastic surgeons were creepy but thankfully I found one guy that down to earth but very smart and professional. He did a great job and I almost felt no pain at all afterwards but I was sore and bruised up for a week.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:43 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,644 times
Quote:

Thank you!!
have you ever considered sculptra or cosmedic fillers as opposed to a facelift. I suppose age would be a major factor but i just can't help but to think of all the 'bad' facelifts out there. Anyway good luck and be very careful - i would suggest starting out with something light - either the fillers i mentioned or a 'mini' facelift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty