U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 01:48 AM

517 posts, read 786,608 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering. My mom has a straight stomach. But I've seen others with stomachs that go in as I do. I'm wondering is there a term for this. And what body type has this?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 02:17 AM

7,518 posts, read 13,208,676 times
Um, what?

Old 05-12-2013, 02:43 AM

I'm talking about a straight waist or inward waist what body type is characterized by these type of waists and what's the definition?

Old 05-12-2013, 02:46 AM

7,518 posts, read 13,208,676 times
First you wrote "straight stomach," now you write "straight waist" -- and I still don't know what you are talking about. Front view -- straight up and down? Side view -- stomach sticks out or not? What do you mean? (Are you talking about an hourglass figure [as in, looks like an hourglass from the front view -- big chest, small waist, big hips], or the lack thereof?)

And why are you asking such a bizarre question?

Old 05-12-2013, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
First you wrote "straight stomach," now you write "straight waist" -- and I still don't know what you are talking about. Front view -- straight up and down? Side view -- stomach sticks out or not? What do you mean? (Are you talking about an hourglass figure [as in, looks like an hourglass from the front view -- big chest, small waist, big hips], or the lack thereof?)

And why are you asking such a bizarre question?
Side view if you're in shape the waiste should go in.

I meant like when the sides of the waist indent. My mom's is straight up and down.
I'm just curious what body shape goes with this apparently you're not familiar with this and it's ok.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:59 AM

2,630 posts, read 3,044,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
I'm just wondering. My mom has a straight stomach. But I've seen others with stomachs that go in as I do. I'm wondering is there a term for this. And what body type has this?
Your question is stated oddly, but do you mean ectomorph?

Old 05-12-2013, 05:18 AM

I'm looking at other things about it and it seems its defined waist. I don't have hips though so I do t really get what the sides means.
I'm going to google more to see what I come up with.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:36 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,951,067 times
Quote:
Does your inquiry concern the curves of a woman's body, perhaps minus the bust and hips? Check the shapes below and see if you recognize what you're trying to say. If I were to guess, I would say that you are trying to make a distinction between the first body type (described as curvy) and perhaps the second or fifth to the right (of curvy), the brick and the comet.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

12 realistic woman body shape chart

Old 05-12-2013, 06:55 AM

1,055 posts, read 2,159,875 times
Quote:
Google some pics (examples of what you are talking about) and post them.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Does your inquiry concern the curves of a woman's body, perhaps minus the bust and hips? Check the shapes below and see if you recognize what you're trying to say. If I were to guess, I would say that you are trying to make a distinction between the first body type (described as curvy) and perhaps the second or fifth to the right (of curvy), the brick and the comet.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

12 realistic woman body shape chart
Thank you I have my pro ic that shows a defined waist and an album cover pic that shows an undefined waist. I'm not talking about curves but the structure of the waist line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty