Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your favorite type of perfume?
Citrus 16 28.57%
Floral 16 28.57%
Spicy/Oriental 18 32.14%
Woody 9 16.07%
Gourmand 3 5.36%
Leather 1 1.79%
Green/Grassy 5 8.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:28 AM

24 posts, read 31,335 times

Advertisements

I can't vote because I'm not sure what mine are considered, LOL (feel free to tell me). I wear Cashmere Mist everyday, but I also like Vera Wang (think it's just the "regular" one), Beautiful by Estee Lauder and Chanel No. 5.

Last edited by GrabLife&LiveIt; 05-23-2013 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 04:22 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,486,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabLife&LiveIt View Post
I can't vote because I'm not sure what mine are considered, LOL (feel free to tell me). I wear Cashmere Mist everyday, but I also like Vera Wang (think it's just the "regular" one), Beautiful by Estee Lauder and Chanel No. 5.
Cashmere Mist is woody
Vera Wang is floral/citrus
Beautiful is floral
Chanel No. 5 is aldehydic (gives a crisp, sparkly, soapy-waxy-lemony-floral effect fragrance)/woody/floral

Aldehydic is another fantastic category. Aldehydes are added to a lot of perfumes, in addition to the main notes. Fragrances with aldehydes always smell bright, crisp, and fresh.

Some examples of perfumes with aldehydes are, Rive Gauche, Caleche, Miss Dior, White Linen, First, Ysatis, Chloe, Joy, Calvin Klein, and a bunch of other popular perfumes.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:06 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
I tend to like fresh or gourmand. And the unusual spicy ones with notes of peppercorns or ginger. Citrus, cucumber, herbs, tropical fruits all agree with me.

On the other hand musk and amber notes do not agree with me. The end horribly on me. So I look at end notes carefully. Heavier florals are also too intense with my body chemistry.

Past favorites:
Clinique happy
Kenzo (various scents)
Fresh lychee
J. Lo Miami glow
D&G light blue (loved this but it got too popular)
La Vanille Vanilla Grapefruit
Jo Malone Nectarine and Orange Blossom
Current: pink sugar sensual

Old 05-24-2013, 08:50 AM

5,133 posts, read 4,486,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I tend to like fresh or gourmand. And the unusual spicy ones with notes of peppercorns or ginger. Citrus, cucumber, herbs, tropical fruits all agree with me.

On the other hand musk and amber notes do not agree with me. The end horribly on me. So I look at end notes carefully. Heavier florals are also too intense with my body chemistry.

Is your skin on the oily side? Typically, lighter/fresh scents complement oily skin, while heavier/richer scents complement dry skin. Fragrances come out more intensely with oilier skin, while dry skin doesn't retain scents well unless they are heavier.

Last edited by Sage 80; 05-24-2013 at 09:05 AM..

Old 05-24-2013, 09:10 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Is your skin on the oily side? Typically, lighter/fresh scents complement oily skin, while heavier/richer scents complement dry skin. Fragrances come out more intensely with oilier skin, while dry skin doesn't retain scents well unless they are heavier.
I am not oily at all. It must be something else. Musks in particular just become way too intense on me. And of course there are the seasonal differences. Some perfumes smell great in summer and terrible in winter and vice versa.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:19 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,823 times
From what I gather, I tend toward citrus or florals. My past favorites:

Shiseido Energizing Fragrance
Prescriptives Calyx
Elizabeth Arden Green Tea

Right now, I wear either DKNY Be Delicious, J'Adore Dior, or Bvlgari Eau Parfumee White Tea. When it gets colder, I like to wear Givenchy Very Irresistible Sensual.

Two fragrances that just did not work for me are Jean Paul Gaultier Classique and Shiseido Zen.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:15 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,439 times
I didn't vote because I have no idea where my choices fall, but I will tell you that any woman wearing Navy or Vanderbuilt will have me follow. her. home. Those two scents put me in a freaking trance and I end up following the women wearing it around for a while.

Jovan musk has a similar, but much smaller, effect.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:36 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Really?
Mystery solved))))
Now I know why I can barely smell any perfume on myself, ( it disappears like in few minutes,) unless it's something like Opium, Amarige or Cartier, lol.
Good thing that I prefer this type of perfume to begin with))))

Old 05-25-2013, 08:15 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby1half View Post
The best perfume ever made was Jungle Gardenia by Jovan. They stopped making it years ago and I don't know why. Frank Sinatra use to by JG for all his women.
I now wear Tresor or Coco by Chanel.
I wore that for years and always got compliments on it. I also used to wear White Shoulders, Tova, and Amazing Grace. I tend to wear florals mixed with citrus. Now, I wear La Savanne by Tijon and that is my favorite as I have gotten older.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:40 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Mine varies so I'll just put what I wear and you guys can figure it out, lol.

Main one is Bright Crystal by Versace
Flowers by Kenzo
Romance by Ralph Lauren
Beautiful by Estee Lauder
Paloma Piccaso by Paloma Picasso (black bottle)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty