Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2015, 05:34 PM

347 posts, read 425,401 times

Advertisements

Not annoying, but I've grown out of that phase where I used to find tatt'd boyz hot. Now, when I see a dude with sleeves, I see a gangbanging criminal. Female with ink looks like she needs a bath in bleach and some anti viral's.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:45 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
I'm not talking one or two tattoos, but tattoos all over their body. Of course, it is their body. However, I find those people with tattoos all over their arms, legs, body, everywhere very annoying and can't understand why anyone would do that!?

I don't like them. Graffiti.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:57 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,017 times
Men can be very attractive with well done tatoos. Women not so much. The freak show tats can be helpful when looking for criminals when their description includes those visible on their faces and heads.Prison systems full of this kind. Imagine in the years to come they will be a source of humor for those in hospitals and nursing homes as the skin hangs and wrinkles and people try to guess what the tats once were and your family finds the pics they took on u tube.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:24 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Most tattoos I don't find appealing. It's okay to have a few..that's easier to pull off but when it's even just all over your arm it looks gross. The only man I can think of where I actually have found him sexy with a full arm tattoo is Pierre Bouvier (and since he's married I've lost attraction to him for a while now)

I think it's even more difficult for women to look appealing with a lot of tattoos. I'm not sure why but it seems like our gender is just not meant to have all that art on our body.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:50 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty12 View Post
I don't find the person annoying, but I do find the tattoos visually unappealing. I think they really make a person appear trashy.
Imagine a few years down the road .... all the senior citizens sporting tats.

Old 11-13-2015, 08:01 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,381 times
I think this topic as been beaten to the ground. If you don't like them don't get them. Who cares.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:22 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Imagine a few years down the road .... all the senior citizens sporting tats.
I used to work with seniors about 20 years ago. Even then some of them had them. They don't age well. Seniors with fake boobs was even stranger to see.

I didn't used to mind tattoos...wasn't going to get one because there isn't anything I would want to draw or write on my body for life. But since moving to Minnesota I have just seen bad tattoo after bad tattoo. I cringe. People with full sleeves of terrible tattoos. In Texas they were more hipster...here they seem a little...trashy.

Just sayin'

But I don't automatically find people with them annoying.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:19 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,042 times
I think the judgements in some comments disturbing, especially the individual who said females with tattoos are dirty and diseased. I have many tattoos. I love being able to express my creativity this way. I waited until my 30th to get tattooed and all my work was custom done, so the argument that it is just a fad does not apply to me. I do however understand that when you put something on yourself or alter your appearance that people will comment. Because of this I often cover my tattoos up. I'm not an attention seeker and got these only for me so I don't have to show them off.

On the positive side, in the summer when I've gone out and my tattoos were visible I often get many positive responses. Many of my tattoos were done in a watercolor design with no outlines so they appeal to women who don't like a heavy look. I do have some more traditional designs but they are not readily visible. Hey, to each their own!!

Old 11-14-2015, 10:54 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I don't find them annoying, I feel sorry for them, and wonder why they want to mutilate themselves this way. To me, it is a type of self hatred.
I'm not talking about a small, discrete tattoo of something that is meaningful to them.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:03 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
My friends who have tattoos from one on the arm to half sleeve to their entire back are some of the most interesting and nicest people I've met. Tattoos don't make people annoying, annoying people get tattoos. I don't have one myself but plan to get one someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty