Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 12:49 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
But, for us there is nothing like.....
Out of curiosity who is this "us" of whom you speak. Sounds more like you should have typed "me".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 05:38 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Out of curiosity who is this "us" of whom you speak. Sounds more like you should have typed "me".
You are correct! Some men don't like women in skirts or in any form.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
You are correct! Some men don't like women in skirts or in any form.
Thats the other extreme. You appear to be commenting on two extremes. One in this post and one in the last When in fact there is an entire continuum of opinion lying in between.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:22 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
I fully understand comfort.

But, for us there is nothing like a beautiful skirt and high heels (pumps). This creates a glorious effect in the female anatomy. This is all woman!!

But, I agree with you. I have known women with the best legs in the planet and they never bother to wear a skirt. I also admire that sort of confidence and the fact they are not looking for male validation. I guess there must be a compromise somewhere. As a man I assume on a hot day it mat be cool to have air ventilation in the legs and pelvic area by wearing a skirt.
Maybe this is the reason many women don't wear skirts...they don't want to be gawked at, stared at and viewed as a piece of meat by random men.

Women do not exist for your viewing pleasure.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Thats the other extreme. You appear to be commenting on two extremes. One in this post and one in the last When in fact there is an entire continuum of opinion lying in between.
You are correct! Some men are bisexual. And they also may have opinions regarding skirts in women. I did not mean to leave anyone out.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
Maybe this is the reason many women don't wear skirts...they don't want to be gawked at, stared at and viewed as a piece of meat by random men.

Women do not exist for your viewing pleasure.
This is very bad post and a great example of a Straw Man.

Quote:
A straw man, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of the topic of argument. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having denied a proposition by replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then deny it ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition.[3][4]

As you well know saying women look better in a dress or a skirt is not the same as your "straw man". You need to work on your debating skills.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
You are correct! Some men are bisexual. And they also may have opinions regarding skirts in women. I did not mean to leave anyone out.
Bisexuality or homosexuality has nothing to do with what I just said.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:28 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
This is very bad post and a great example of a Straw Man.

As you well know saying women look better in a dress or a skirt is not the same as your "straw man". You need to work on your debating skills.
It's definitely NOT a straw man...you're stating that more women should wear skirts because it pleases you visually. You said women were 'a waste' when they weren't doing so.

My debate skills are fine...perhaps you should work on treating women as actual people.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
It's definitely NOT a straw man...you're stating that more women should wear skirts because it pleases you visually. You said women were 'a waste' when they weren't doing so.

My debate skills are fine...perhaps you should work on treating women as actual people.
OK, now you have made your point in a stronger manner.

Yes, I sometimes enjoy seeing a good looking woman. I am very discrete about looking. But, yes, I am well aware of the beauty of the other gender.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:06 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
If they're feeling bold on a particular day....they can wear a dress/skirt like this...haha

나인뮤지스_글루 (Glue by 9Muses@Mcountdown 2013.12.05) - YouTube

Or if it is pants mood...something like this is cute and sexy too...starts around the 1:06 mark of clip

나인뮤지스_Gun (Gun by 9Muses@Mcountdown 2013.10.10) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty