Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 09:27 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,716,319 times

Advertisements

So what do you wear for fun that your s.o. does not care for but you wear it anyway?

For me its baggy clothing days. I know its not the most flattering and don't wear it out but I am going for function on baggy days. I have these brown cargo pants that are just terrible but they are so soft. My blah day and cleaning pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 09:29 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,716,319 times
mods feel free to edit the title "hate" to "hates" woopsy...

LOL

Old 05-24-2013, 10:14 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,793,178 times
Old, crummy white t shirts from the 1990s. I have tons of them. Mostly sports shirts ("1991 Point Mugu Volleyball Champions" for example when I played VB, softball and basketball in military leagues). Wife complains about the holes and stains, etc. But that's what I wear around the house on the weekends when I am working in the garage, gardening, etc. It's OK if they get grease on them.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:45 AM

17,402 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Capris. Baggy sweats - especially light blue or some other pastel type color (not that I LOVE wearing those, they're just comfy).

Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
My boyfriend could care less what I wear, and in general likes my aesthetic. He's thrilled to have met a girl who will go with him to the Salvation Army!

On the flip side, my boyfriend just has too many tshirts. He has a lot of statement and goofy/nerdy tshirts. I like them sometimes - especially in winter when he layers them with a cardigan or a blazer... but last night he took me out to dinner (no where fancy - a local diner) wearing a neon yellow Steve Urkel tshirt circa 1992. Fine for around the house or as an undershirt for a button up, but it was a little too garish for public. Last week, he wore a Tina Turner shirt that says "Simply the Best" to brunch. Hilarious, but a little too much for public. :P

Old 05-25-2013, 08:07 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,723,777 times
Mandals.

I cannot stand the majority of men's sandals... especially the brown two strap ones or the fake-leather flip flogs.

Gag.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:18 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
I have a red t shirt that I bought the day of 9-11, with an American flag on it. I don't know what that thing is made of other than cotton, but I have worn it and washed it and worn it and washed it so many times it's amazing it's in one piece. I've colored my hair in it, so it has brown spots around the neck. I've painted in it, so it has several different colors of paint on it. I've worked in the yard in it, so it has a few holes in the front. I've cooked in it, so it has some grease spots on it. And it has a small hole under one arm.

But oh my gosh that thing is so comfortable and so soft! And it feels GREAT with my other really ugly item - my denim shorts that are so baggy they hang down around my hip bones, and they have been washed so often they are as soft as a baby's behind.

The final touch is my Croc flip flops - they also have paint on them.

For about 9 months out of the year, this is my "project" outfit. My husband knows if he sees me come out of the bedroom wearing this get up - there's work to be done and I am dead serious about it! No one's going to the lake today, bud!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty