Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 05:06 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,389,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think we need a thread on how to deal with this. How do women go through life like this? It's impossible to camouflage the body's natural curves. Maybe some of the C-D women have some suggestions.
You just live with it.you just try not to bend over in public. Loose clothes can be too revealing unless the neckline goes to your collarbone.

I tend to buy larger sizes and get them tailored, so the fit well but not skin tight. I also never wear a padded bra, unless it's the kind that are super slim. (Tshirt style bra)

I do dress conservatively on the whole, but pretty much any top will show some cleavage unless it is a button up or to my collar bone.

I stay away from turtlenecks, as the girls look humongous and like torpedoes.

I will layer a light and thin jacket on top of my workout gear, as its a bit too sexy.

I tend to also dress up so I look "classy" instead of sexy.

Pencil skirts and fifties style dresses are your best friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 05:10 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
That's a healthy attitude for her to have. Strangely, now that I am in my 60s, I feel the same way - I do take care of myself and always dress to flatter my body (not miniskirts or high heels, LOL) But I have a good figure, large bust, long legs and am fairly toned, and I feel at this age if people still want to look and admire, let 'em enjoy the show!
LOL, the older I get the better I like it when they stare. Though these days they may be staring for other reasons like I might have a strip of toilet paper hanging off the top of my jeans.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:51 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I am really glad I don't need to attract a gay male. Whew!.

You have to have a perfect figure to pull that look off.
There are some cheats to make that look work, as long as you are smaller in the waist. Make the skirt a little longer and move the crop so only a small sliver of tummy is showing, and it is cute on quite a few more body types, if you have well fitting clothing.

Check out Mindy Kalig!
Mindy Kaling Wears A Crop Top Like A Boss (PHOTOS)

Here is a size 16-ish woman wearing the pants version:

Source: Bodycons, Crop Tops and Bikinis- Oh My! | Grown and Curvy Woman

Most women, provided they have waist definition, can pull off a full skirt and tucked in shirt. It looks super cute!
Try this look!

Source: GIRL WITH CURVES

Old 04-16-2015, 02:09 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,389,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There are some cheats to make that look work, as long as you are smaller in the waist. Make the skirt a little longer and move the crop so only a small sliver of tummy is showing, and it is cute on quite a few more body types, if you have well fitting clothing.

Check out Mindy Kalig!
Mindy Kaling Wears A Crop Top Like A Boss (PHOTOS)

Here is a size 16-ish woman wearing the pants version:

Source: Bodycons, Crop Tops and Bikinis- Oh My! | Grown and Curvy Woman

Most women, provided they have waist definition, can pull off a full skirt and tucked in shirt. It looks super cute!
Try this look!

Oh, yes.i would wear both of those looks easily. Although my daughter might object to the crop top. ;-) the bottom photos neckline should be lower or have a long necklace to break up the bosom.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:10 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
Knee-lenght skirt or dress with cleavage covered (w/ correct bra size because most don't wear the right bra).

Old 04-16-2015, 02:37 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
I can't single out one item of clothing that works for every woman. I saw a few women today who were just plainly dressed, nothing provocative, and I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

There simply is something attractive about every woman, regardless of what she wears.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:48 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,302 times
My hubby said "nothing" when I asked him.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:13 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
A smile.......???

Old 04-17-2015, 07:23 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

Try this look!

A lot of it really depends on the womans shape.

Last week I ran into Iggy Azalea while out running some errands and she was wearing something similar to the girl in this photo - crop top and longer/flowy pleated skirt. She looked AMAZING!! For her, it was very conservative, yet extremely fashionable. She seriously looked like a fashion model who was just out to buy some dog food for her dogs. She pulled off that look extremely well.

EDIT: I was referring to the girl in Jade408's post who was wearing the purple shirt and blue dress.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:28 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
Slutty high heels, some pieces of jewelry. Nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty