Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 02:47 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Another thing, American women are spoiled by large supply of men who would take whatever she is willing to give and never ask for more, actually guys stand in line,
If this is true (and I find that doubtful, at least across the board) then this is the guys' fault, because no one makes them stand in line.

Quote:
thus naturally a woman assume that her benevolent 300lbs presence is more than sufficient reward for a guy, perhaps it will not be an upwardly mobile guy, but a guy nevetherless.
Well, if she's right (which I find doubtful) then she's right, isn't she? If guys stand in line ...

Quote:
While guys,... they need to meet wide range of expectations for her to stick around. In short women owe men nothing, not even marginally attractive looks or a sandwich, and guys can take it or ... what they gonna do about it? It is not like there is excess of desirable women somewhere else.
They can leave it. I think plenty of men leave it, but they want to gripe about it as they leave it. And I think that some men are angry because women believe they don't owe men anything. But it's true. And men don't owe women anything. We all must either take it or leave it.

What naturally happens is when we take it or leave it is that people with less positive qualities get left more often, and either they up their game or they keep on getting left behind.

If so many 300 lb pound women were all getting men lining around the corner, there would be no market for diet plans, but there are plenty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your post has nothing to do with reality. Just because you're not able to find the kind of women you want doesn't mean they don't exist. They're all around you. You're probably one of those guys looking for women who look like models, so you don't approach the women who are in good shape but don't fit your perfectionistic standards. Or you don't approach women at all. Great women are everywhere.
This guy reminds me a little of another guy on another thread (the Eliot Rodger one) who was saying that women "owed" men to be more attractive, because men can't do anything to be more attractive (really?) and if more women get fat and ugly that more men will be dateless and lonely, and it'll be all the women's fault, because women OWE it to men.

Last edited by elvira310; 11-24-2014 at 03:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 03:56 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
You see take African women for example. The face is blehhh, but when you see the body. Your flag pole raises. That is why men care care about womens bodies. I could be making it with a granny and her face looks nice, but if the body MIGHT BE SWEETER. I could be banging a 90 woman because I am obsessed with the shape of her body. It is like an over ripen fruit that is still eatadable, or the leaves of autum, or a tree in winter. It is beautiful as well as spring and summer, or the sour taste of unripen fruit. Their is all kinds of appealing ideas. Take women from the USSR, or Stix China, or some other place. They have all kinds of oddities. EVen nature might create something unique. Then you see the WHOLE ENTIRE THING AND HAVE THE HOTS FOR IT.

Another thing is that a fat womans body could crush the womb; giving rise to a baby being born with problems. Do you want that?

Finally in most places when dealing with "over expiration date women". You need the body.

I know women want casual sex and all but seriously men get also needs something to keep their minds business.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:23 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I love these all or nothing silly questions. "Men?" Meaning white anglo saxon protestant men? Native American Men? French Canadian men? African American men? The question, dear OP should read "Why do I notice that the men I know prefer...."

It's partly social. We appreciate what our "tribe" appreciates. There was a time when zaftig (full-figured) women were most appreciated and skinny women were told to eat because they looked sick -- I've yelled that at the TV when Project Runway models looked like prisoners of war -- "Give that girl a CHEEEZEBURGER!!"---. Indeed, some men now prefer the big girls. Marilyn Monroe was an hourglass shape and a size 14 (which translates to about a size 10 now, if I remember correctly... but she was most definitely NOT a 10-year old boy shape with a size zero...)

Mark Twain said, “It is not best that we should all think alike; it is a difference of opinion that makes horse races.†In other words, the heart wants what it wants. One of my girlfriends loves skinny nerdy guys. Another one likes men in ties. Another only dates Harley guys only. Another one falls all over herself for a guy in a construction belt or a fireman's uniform. Vroom Vroom.

If ALL men liked the same type of woman, procreation would go down the tubes in one generation. My guy liked me immediately because of my red hair and sparkling eyes (which were sparkling because I was looking at him -- yet another of the big secrets. It's compelling to have someone interested in you...) Who knows why we choose who we choose: reminder of that little blonde girl in third grade; or they look like someone you had a crush on in high school; or they remind you of a favorite cousin.

I refuse to put "all men" in one category or "all women." These kinds of questions tell me more about the asker's opinion then they do about the subject of the question.
So true. What that does is put whatever group the OP is speaking of in a tidy box, and no group of people fits in tidy boxes, particularly not ALL of one gender or the other gender. What about men who actually are interested in a woman's personality above all else? What about men who are the most interested in how a woman dresses? What about gay men? There are many of all of those.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:08 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your post has nothing to do with reality.
It also had nothing to do with proper punctuation and sentence structure. I seldom comment on spelling or grammar errors, but they were bad enough in that post to make it hard to understand his point.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:18 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
You see take African women for example. The face is blehhh, but when you see the body. Your flag pole raises. That is why men care care about womens bodies. I could be making it with a granny and her face looks nice, but if the body MIGHT BE SWEETER. I could be banging a 90 woman because I am obsessed with the shape of her body. It is like an over ripen fruit that is still eatadable, or the leaves of autum, or a tree in winter. It is beautiful as well as spring and summer, or the sour taste of unripen fruit. Their is all kinds of appealing ideas. Take women from the USSR, or Stix China, or some other place. They have all kinds of oddities. EVen nature might create something unique. Then you see the WHOLE ENTIRE THING AND HAVE THE HOTS FOR IT.

Another thing is that a fat womans body could crush the womb; giving rise to a baby being born with problems. Do you want that?

Finally in most places when dealing with "over expiration date women". You need the body.

I know women want casual sex and all but seriously men get also needs something to keep their minds business.
Interesting. I wonder how you even managed to type that, and think it was a real word.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:28 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I'm just curious. Why do men typically care more about a woman's body than her face? Most men would rather date/have sex with a woman with a perfect body/average or ugly face than a woman with a gorgeous face but average body. It just seems like most men do not appreciate women with beautiful faces. I think it's more important to have a beautiful face than a perfect body.

All women look alike in the dark.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:53 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post

Ummmmm....WHAT???

Old 11-28-2014, 03:15 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Today was a good example. Woman in her 30-40's at gym face is a 5-6, but seeing as she is a PT and her body is a 9, I would give her a 7-8 depending on her personality. If her personality was great, I would give her a 9 overall.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:02 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Today was a good example. Woman in her 30-40's at gym face is a 5-6, but seeing as she is a PT and her body is a 9, I would give her a 7-8 depending on her personality. If her personality was great, I would give her a 9 overall.
I'm sure she would be grateful for all of your ratings.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:24 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
Why Do Men Care More About a Woman's Body Than Her Face? (blonde, guys)

Why do you assume this to always be the case? Awful generalization isn't it? Personally blondes don't do anything for me anyway. My wife is not a blonde, is not a "mona lisa" but is healthy/fit, relatively bright and has a good personality. Yes I know that SOME men give into their "animal" side and just go for the physical things. But there again, some women just go after the money, power and status. I guess both sexes have their downfalls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty