Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 06:02 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious. Why do men typically care more about a woman's body than her face? Most men would rather date/have sex with a woman with a perfect body/average or ugly face than a woman with a gorgeous face but average body. It just seems like most men do not appreciate women with beautiful faces. I think it's more important to have a beautiful face than a perfect body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 06:07 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,312 times
The body shape makes a bigger difference during sex. Also, evolutionary psychosexual urges relating curves to fertility, good body shape to overall good condition etc.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:09 PM

224 posts, read 356,799 times
At the end of the day a butter face will make it.

I much prefer faces too, but whatever.

My conclusion is, men are stupid.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:11 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
What is an average face compared to an ugly face in your opinion?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:30 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
I'm not sure where you get the idea that men are more interested in the body than the face, OP. I've seen guys flock around women with a pretty face and long hair, but no curves whatsoever. A pretty face, especially when accompanied by very long hair, seems to trump anything else.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:49 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Huh? If its a choice between a pretty face and a hot bod, its a pretty face 10/10.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:16 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
I've actually see the opposite of you:
Men seem to flock around a pretty face with the shape of a box rather than an average face but great body.
But as someone above said,men just seem to love long hair,whether the face is ugly or pretty.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:41 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times
I love these all or nothing silly questions. "Men?" Meaning white anglo saxon protestant men? Native American Men? French Canadian men? African American men? The question, dear OP should read "Why do I notice that the men I know prefer...."

It's partly social. We appreciate what our "tribe" appreciates. There was a time when zaftig (full-figured) women were most appreciated and skinny women were told to eat because they looked sick -- I've yelled that at the TV when Project Runway models looked like prisoners of war -- "Give that girl a CHEEEZEBURGER!!"---. Indeed, some men now prefer the big girls. Marilyn Monroe was an hourglass shape and a size 14 (which translates to about a size 10 now, if I remember correctly... but she was most definitely NOT a 10-year old boy shape with a size zero...)

Mark Twain said, “It is not best that we should all think alike; it is a difference of opinion that makes horse races.” In other words, the heart wants what it wants. One of my girlfriends loves skinny nerdy guys. Another one likes men in ties. Another only dates Harley guys only. Another one falls all over herself for a guy in a construction belt or a fireman's uniform. Vroom Vroom.

If ALL men liked the same type of woman, procreation would go down the tubes in one generation. My guy liked me immediately because of my red hair and sparkling eyes (which were sparkling because I was looking at him -- yet another of the big secrets. It's compelling to have someone interested in you...) Who knows why we choose who we choose: reminder of that little blonde girl in third grade; or they look like someone you had a crush on in high school; or they remind you of a favorite cousin.

I refuse to put "all men" in one category or "all women." These kinds of questions tell me more about the asker's opinion then they do about the subject of the question.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:44 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Any man who cares more for vagina and boobs than a face is an idiot..The primary real beauty in a woman starts with the face and the rest follows ....I first look at the face...if the face gives great pleasure to look at then you have got it made....Imagine waking up for the next 30 years and looking at a beautiful face....Those who are attracted to the body only will wake up to sagged boobs...and the face of a witch.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:14 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Any man who cares more for vagina and boobs than a face is an idiot..The primary real beauty in a woman starts with the face and the rest follows ....I first look at the face...if the face gives great pleasure to look at then you have got it made....Imagine waking up for the next 30 years and looking at a beautiful face....Those who are attracted to the body only will wake up to sagged boobs...and the face of a witch.
Any man or woman who cares more about looks than compatibility is an idiot. Beautiful people will turn ugly pretty quickly if they treat their spouses with contempt and disrespect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty