Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,796,523 times

Advertisements

Who said that you dress slutty?
Are body parts covered or are parts of you very exposed?
Are your skinny jeans painted on you?
So much in my opinion is how items fit a person. When items are too tight, too short or bra strapes are hanging out regardless of age or size in my opinion it does not send out a nice message. At the end of the day though you have to dress in a way that makes you feel good but you may want to look at things like do you like the attention you get even if you are called slutty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 08:42 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,637,144 times
How we dress, speak, and act are direct reflections of the attitude of our hearts and who we are. Who are you?

Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 AM

111 posts, read 222,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexuslover View Post
Hi everyone I was told that the way I dress is too slutty and inappropriate. I just have to say that I don't have kids and I am skinny so why can't I wear short shorts with a 2 inch inseam or high waisted shorts. I also like to wear skinny jeans with tank tops, but I usually wear flat sandals. I rarely ever wear heels. In the summer I like to wear maxi dresses and shorts with tank tops, but I don't think clothes like that is inappropriate. I only dress like this on the weekends and for work I wear a uniform.
I don't think these clothes are necessarily slutty, but they may look inappropriate or juvenile based on the way they fit and where you are going. If you're wearing short shorts or skinny jeans, wearing a really trendy or cheap looking shirt is going to give a different impression than wearing a plain tank-top.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 AM

9,612 posts, read 21,159,588 times
Quote:
How should a 28 year old woman dress?
To each his (or her, in this case) own, but personally I recommend putting on the underwear first. It's just easier that way.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:02 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,771,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Why is there even a division between young and more 'mature' styles? Aside from variations in body type...then again, i guess no one wants to see a 50 year old overweight women in cellulite in short shorts.
Having been to big girl parties and checking out what men are looking at,you would really be surprised.
They do look at cellulite ridden 50 year olds,and they seem to find them attractive.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:12 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,384,528 times
Quote:
Hi everyone I was told that the way I dress is too slutty and inappropriate. I just have to say that I don't have kids and I am skinny so why can't I wear short shorts with a 2 inch inseam or high waisted shorts. I also like to wear skinny jeans with tank tops, but I usually wear flat sandals. I rarely ever wear heels. In the summer I like to wear maxi dresses and shorts with tank tops, but I don't think clothes like that is inappropriate. I only dress like this on the weekends and for work I wear a uniform.

You are too old to worry about other peoples lame comments. If you were 18 I would understand why you would worry about it but you are almost 30!
Wear what you want.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:14 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,384,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohsocool View Post
High waisted shorts are for teenagers IMO.
Why?? If she has the body for it then go for it.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:25 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,547,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
How we dress, speak, and act are direct reflections of the attitude of our hearts and who we are. Who are you?
I'm awesome, and adventurous and outgoing and I like to try new things.

Today I wore a cute lacey black dress over a pair of leggings, leopard print flats and my obnoxiously bright red lipstick.

Actually overheard a lady say 'well... she looks ridiculous' while I was choosing a new song (I had my earbuds in) which is how I know I looked great

To the OP, wear whatever you want, no matter what you wear someone is going to hate it and think you look terrible. Ignore them, they're not worth your time. Of course, if you're at work or something dress accordingly....but that's kind of a given.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:07 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,723,096 times
I think once you hit late 20s you have to class it up a bit. That doesn't mean you can't have fun with your clothing. But wearing all the trends at once does tend to make people think you are younger. And not take you seriously.

*this is coming from a chronically young looking person. I got carded for a rated r movie this week. *shocked*

Old 06-14-2013, 02:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,112 times
Quote:
The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in.A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.....For the real American standards and fashion ..My blog is up there for you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty