Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:01 PM
smh

53 posts, read 279,971 times

Advertisements

Well, no Y chromosomes here, and I've got the stretch marks to prove it

I've always considered myself to have big hands, and out of curiosity I just measured them. 7 1/2 inches - yup, they're big. And they're not really dainty, either, because my fingernails are huge as well. It's just not one of those things I've ever given much thought to - except when I buy gloves. I don't paint my nails much any more because I can't seem to keep the polish from chipping and they're a pain to maintain. But in my younger years, I had long nails and kept them painted all the time in whatever color was "in" at the moment.

Personally, I don't think big hands by themselves detract from someone's femininity at all. I've certainly never heard anyone - male or female - make derogatory comments about them. I'm with Cecilia Rose above - other people are more concerned about whether you're noticing their perceived flaws rather than looking for yours.

And if a guy is turned off by big hands - his loss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 PM

27,223 posts, read 27,290,570 times
I misunderstood the original question. My bad. I thought this was about men having big hands, not women. My hands are a bit larger than probably most women, but in my family, the guys have big hands so its probably genetic. Im not that big, or out of proportion for a woman, but as long as theyre not bigger than a guy if I were to hold hands with, that might become an issue, lol. But hey, I have several excuses, one being that I worked construction. Another being that I 'am' a musician and lastly, it runs in the family.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:47 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,480,102 times
A bit OT: My wife just went to training and a woman who was, apparently, a real hoot went to a bar with them for drinks. Some guy was trying to pick her up and she asked to see his feet. When he showed her she said, "Sorry, too small".

LMAO!

I kept asking my wife to introduce her so I could say, "Feet don't fail me now!" but I never had the chance. I wear a 13 shoe. I think it would've been fun.

As for the OP hands. Don't let it bug you. There are other much more important things the guys are interested in....

Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,929,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
A bit OT: My wife just went to training and a woman who was, apparently, a real hoot went to a bar with them for drinks. Some guy was trying to pick her up and she asked to see his feet. When he showed her she said, "Sorry, too small".

LMAO!

I kept asking my wife to introduce her so I could say, "Feet don't fail me now!" but I never had the chance. I wear a 13 shoe. I think it would've been fun.

As for the OP hands. Don't let it bug you. There are other much more important things the guys are interested in....
13? Gosh. I'm not a big guy.. I wear a 10.5. I'm 17 though, so I guess I will grow just a tad bit more.

Last edited by bellafinzi; 11-18-2007 at 09:39 PM..

Old 11-05-2007, 08:09 PM

2,499 posts, read 6,293,332 times
Well Thanks SMH . Now you got me checkin out MY hands. I just measured. Im 7 inches that means Im not the biggest. Truthfully tho the rest of me is kinda over size too so theyre probably right in proportion.

PS
Ive never been the dainty one so I dont have dainty little hands. Ive never worked construction but I do lots of DIY stuff. I do have some nail polish but I never use it on my nails. I use it to repaint my jewerlry.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,336,957 times
My hands are 5 3/4s

I think big thick hands on a man are such a turn on.... big hands on a woman,,, who notices hands on a woman anyways! unless they look like man hands? hmmm. I wouldn't wair nail polish on them, to attract attention, but I completely agree with the APs up there who say, don't draw away from them... express them in music or whatnot! DO you have any idea how many octaves you could hit at once with larger than normal hands? jump at it !!

With that said... and I don't want to sound like my mother here, but: Any man that judges you by the size of your hands, is probably not the best suited to begin with.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:44 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,365,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey_C View Post
I have extra large hands, or I should say long. They aren't man-like, but they are often as big or bigger than most men's hands. It makes me feel like an amazon even though I am only 5 foot 2 inches.

Are you guys turned off by a woman with big hands? Any other women with this problem? I like to keep my nails painted but I also don't want to bring attention to my hands.
Do you have big feet too?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,750,592 times
I thought this was a really cute post! And, wear that polish, girl! Show off those hands!

It also reminded me of one of my aunts who is less than 5' tall... size 0, but wears an 8-1/2 shoe... very large for her petite size!

She always handles it with humor. Her line is always, "I'd be really tall if I didn't have so much turned under!"

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-06-2007 at 01:16 PM..

Old 11-06-2007, 01:19 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
I thought this was a really cute post! And, wear that polish, girl! Show off those hands!

It also reminded me of one of my aunts who is less than 5' tall... size 0, but wears an 8-1/2 shoe... very large for her petite size!

She always handles it with humor. Her line is always, "I'd be really tall if I didn't have so much turned under!"
I agree! This post made me pull out the ruler because I have long fingers too - my hand is 7.25 inches. I've been told I have piano hands. Mine will never be mistaken for a man's - my ring size is 4 and my wrist is 5.25" around

be proud!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:07 PM

77,676 posts, read 59,823,491 times
I know several guys that don't like "man hands" or even "big hands".

Not me though, I love bigger hands as I love neck rubs etc. and that to me is a big plus. :-) My wife has longer but very feminine hands and I wouldn't mind at all if they were thicker....probably even prefer it.

Anyway, for reference to a guy, I have above average sized hands for a guy and my hands are 7.5 inches base of palm to finger tip and my palm is about 3.75inches wide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty