U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 02:02 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,999,164 times

Advertisements

Are there people who have same problem ? Any tips ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,542,474 times
Can you be more specific? I can tell you that once I decided to be "natural" and used just baking soda under my arms instead of deodorant and while it worked, the skin got darker and rough. Could your problem be related to something you are applying on your underarms?

Old 06-18-2013, 07:17 AM

31 posts, read 63,609 times
Hi Hermosaa,
Some of the natural things you can use such as follows:

1. Potato and cucumber:-
Potato also works as a natural bleaching. You can either rub underarm skin with thinly sliced potatoes, or grate the potato and apply the juice to the affected area. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash. You will notice that soon the underarm skin appears to be lighter in colour. Similarly, you can grate a cucumber and apply the juice under your arms.

2.Saffron Mixture:-
Mixing a pinch of saffron in two spoonfuls of milk or cream and applying to the underarms before bed. Keep this for the whole night, and wash off the next morning. Not only does this lightens the underarms, but also kills all germs and bacteria that cause underarm odour.

3.Try Sandalwood and Rose Water:-
Another great way to treat dark underarms naturally is to create a paste of sandalwood with rose water. While the sandalwood has lightening properties, the rose water will cool down the skin and make it softer. Leave the paste for a few minutes before washing it off and use this every day to see a difference.

4.Lemon Juice:-
One of the most effective ways to lighten underarms is to rub them with lemon juice every day before taking a bath. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and will slowly lighten the area. After your bath, use moisturizer to soften the skin and skip the deodorant for a few days.

5.Coconut Oil:-

Coconut oil is another good option to get rid of dark underarm. Coconut oil contains the important ingredient Vitamin E that can help in lightening the underarms. Before taking a bathing, daily massage the dark underarms with coconut oil for ten to fifteen minutes. Then rinse the area properly with mild soap and lukewarm water. When this remedy is followed on daily basis, it will reduce the darkening of underarms over time. At the same time, coconut oil will also work as an effective natural deodorant.

Following the above mentioned points will definitely help you to get rid of dark underarms.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 AM

3,879 posts, read 7,432,799 times
Yes.

I had dark underarms in my teens and used skin whiteners like Porcelana to fade them even. It worked, it just took some time.

Now, due to my pregnancy, its back! So I have picked up a few skin whiteners and began using them. Palmer's makes one and I just ordered Dr. Fred's off Amazon. It takes months to see a difference.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:15 AM

Thanks a lot Jasondean for the tips saffron ? I can't afford it as it's the most expensive spice in the world. I will try the cucumber, potato and lemon.

Miss Crabcakes, I don't know what's Porcelana. Palmer's ? I am familiar only with Palmer's for stretchmarks. What is it a bleaching cream?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 AM

AnywhereElse, I don't know, I only put deodorant, don't know how or why they got dark.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:25 AM

3,879 posts, read 7,432,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post

Miss Crabcakes, I don't know what's Porcelana. Palmer's ? I am familiar only with Palmer's for stretchmarks. What is it a bleaching cream?
Just Google skin fade creams or whiteners and you'll find a few options. Palmer's does make a fade cream. Many are on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Porcelana Fade Dark Spots Daytime Treatment, 3 oz (85 g): Beauty

Old 06-18-2013, 03:54 PM

11,314 posts, read 21,412,653 times
I've seen deodorant lately that is designed to lighten and even skin tone, here's an example: DoveĀ® Clear Tone

Old 06-19-2013, 02:11 AM

31 posts, read 63,609 times
[quote=Hermosaa;30073589]Thanks a lot Jasondean for the tips saffron ? I can't afford it as it's the most expensive spice in the world. I will try the cucumber, potato and lemon.

LOL, agreed yes saffron is one of the costly spice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or