Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times

Advertisements

Two words. Magic Cream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Oh my poor Kitten!!! I have a home waxing kit too. It's a GiGi brand. I've finally convinced myself that I'm only allowed to do my eyebrows and moustache with the kit. You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to spend 5-6 days walking around with my underwear stuck to my crotch cuz of the mess I've made with the wax down there Try baby oil to remove that wax!

Have you ever tried threading for your eyebrows and moustache? It is awesome!!! If you can find someone who does it.

Also, you shouldn't bleed from waxing, at least in the face area.

Yes, my Mr. Razor is once again a VERY happy man, he was frustrated there for a while watching Mr. Waxing strip enjoying his turf. He was so depressed for months on end ~ hanging on for dear life on the side of the tub...looking away from me with great hurt and resentment, wearing the same blade for months. I strayed, yes I did, I thought I had found something better out there, but the hair remover wasn't greener on the other side. Big sigh..... awww, I'm gonna have to log off now, I've got a date with Mr. Razor right now - he looks like he needs some luvin.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 11-08-2007, 03:11 PM

618 posts, read 1,610,646 times
LOL, great story, Fiddlekitten

I acutally make my own wax kit.
I take honey and white sugar, mix, and microwave.
Aply to skin (when it's not extremely hot) then I take sports tape (the kind athletes use to wrap their ankles and such) and use that as paper.
It works really well! I do have ice cubes handy though...

Old 11-11-2007, 12:56 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
I use Zip wax - no strips. If you're doing it for the first time, go to a professional. I don't mind the pain of waxing, but you do have to get used to it. Have a pro do your underarms. It's quick, easy, and you won't make a mess.

greenie

Old 11-11-2007, 01:41 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
There's normally no blood when done correctly and the "pain" can be minimized with Ibuprofen 30-45 minutes prior to waxing.
Pre-op morphine would be better

Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
wow - 1st time i heard it women work so hard at this stuff.
i mean i take the clippers to my head and thats it.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:12 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Oh,, fiddle.....that just about had me

That was too much.....Thanks for the fun read.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:12 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
babyoil works great!! thanks MJ!

Appreciate all the imput and whatnot guys. I'm going to allow a grieving period of a few more days, then try it again probably on Friday. I thought about picking up a bottle of the hair removal cream type stuff... but I've heard from too many people that it rubs off and doesn't do a thing!

If anyone has any particular exact brands, that are fairly easy to locate over the counter, throw 'em out here. I'm not sure how many boxes it would take to wax my legs, but the wax kit I bought was all precut lil bitty strips, it would take forever!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:24 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
You have a great talent for writing. Funny, intertaining thread. Thanks..and oh yes, my sympathies for your pain!! Think I'll just pass on the waxing!!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 AM

781 posts, read 3,816,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
I thought about picking up a bottle of the hair removal cream type stuff... but I've heard from too many people that it rubs off and doesn't do a thing!

If anyone has any particular exact brands, that are fairly easy to locate over the counter, throw 'em out here. I'm not sure how many boxes it would take to wax my legs, but the wax kit I bought was all precut lil bitty strips, it would take forever!

I use Nair....baby oil one and it works. I have arthritis so I have a hard time shaving under my arms and this remover works great

Nair® Products (http://www.naircare.com/products/products_lotions.aspx - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty